Who would we like (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

Sunderland we’re along with Wednesday this evening utter dross. No quality anywhere on the pitch. Cant see Sunderland staying up if they win the final.

slowpoke

Jesting aside another twelve months in what is division three for a club the size of Sheffield Wednesday along with the likes of Derby, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Bolton, Charlton possibly Sunderland ( we can wish) all fairly recent premiership clubs compared to us just illustrates the fantastic job Mark Robins has done since he came back four and a bit years ago certainly made a silk purse out of a sows ear didn’t seem possible.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jesting aside another twelve months in what is division three for a club the size of Sheffield Wednesday along with the likes of Derby, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Bolton, Charlton possibly Sunderland ( we can wish) all fairly recent premiership clubs compared to us just illustrates the fantastic job Mark Robins has done since he came back four and a bit years ago certainly made a silk purse out of a sows ear didn’t seem possible.

Wednesday have been out of the top flight even longer than we have. Definitely shouldn’t be in L1 though.

slowpoke

Who’s getting relegated, tight as a gnats chuff at the bottom of the prem. Southampton looking dodgy to me they have sunk from nowhere and have Liverpool home and Leicester away left and just 6 points off safety. Be a bit of a shock if they drop. Still nice place to visit. certainly better than Burnley.

SlowerThanPlatt

Who’s getting relegated, tight as a gnats chuff at the bottom of the prem. Southampton looking dodgy to me they have sunk from nowhere and have Liverpool home and Leicester away left and just 6 points off safety. Be a bit of a shock if they drop. Still nice place to visit. certainly better than Burnley.
Hopefully Leeds do now Everton look safe

fernandopartridge

For teams joining coming down from the PL I'm hoping it's Leeds:

1. They've got some star assets they're likely to lose who are pivotal whereas Burnley do not really
2. Their late season form must be totally demoralising
3. Financial position unclear, made a £63m loss!! (120% of turnover) in the year to promotion, seem to have secured loans against the parachute payments

Hopefully another 20 years in the wilderness for them

SeaSeeEffCee

For teams joining coming down from the PL I'm hoping it's Leeds:

1. They've got some star assets they're likely to lose who are pivotal whereas Burnley do not really
2. Their late season form must be totally demoralising
3. Financial position unclear, made a £63m loss!! (120% of turnover) in the year to promotion, seem to have secured loans against the parachute payments

Hopefully another 20 years in the wilderness for them
Burnley are also right in the shit financially tbf. Saw something recently saying they’d be in big trouble if they went down.

slowpoke

Simon Jordan was discussing Burnley on Talksport the other week they have to repay a £40million loan should they get relegated which would wipe out their parachute payment and they are crap so I hope it’s them coming down. I reckon Leeds will be pretty strong in the championship.

SlowerThanPlatt

Simon Jordan was discussing Burnley on Talksport the other week they have to repay a £40million loan should they get relegated which would wipe out their parachute payment and they are crap so I hope it’s them coming down. I reckon Leeds will be pretty strong in the championship.
They would but think they’ll be looking for another new manager

SlowerThanPlatt

Only been Elland Road once, Richard Wood I think bundled home a late equaliser in our relegation season, only 300 of us there but not too many mighty Leeds either

Travs

Been to Leeds twice in the championship (1st time round) years, once was boxing day i think. We took pretty poor followings to both if i recall...

Although one of them was the scene of that Don Hutchinson goal...

Users who are viewing this thread