Who would we like (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Been to Leeds twice in the championship (1st time round) years, once was boxing day i think. We took pretty poor followings to both if i recall...

Although one of them was the scene of that Don Hutchinson goal...
We have a terrible record there, 2 wins in the last 30 visits

blunted

Last time I went to Leeds the National Front were selling papers outside and our black players were booed every time they touched the ball. I was in the Leeds end keeping quiet. Think they are coming down. The three relegated clubs will be even stronger than usual I figure...Norwich and Watford been there before and Leeds.

SkyBlueMatt

From an away day point of view, I'm hoping Leeds as no one wants to go to Burnley. Like Blackburn, its grim up north.

Leeds will be stronger but we only need 1 of the 2 auto promotion spots.

I'm looking forward to Watford and (hopefully) Leeds next season. Just a shame its not Everton.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

shepardo01

I'd worry that if Leeds came down, they'd have the financial clout and possibly the appeal to tempt the likes of Hamer and Gyokeres.....

Travs

From an away day point of view, I'm hoping Leeds as no one wants to go to Burnley. Like Blackburn, its grim up north.

Leeds will be stronger but we only need 1 of the 2 auto promotion spots.

I'm looking forward to Watford and (hopefully) Leeds next season. Just a shame its not Everton.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Although Leeds is a decent away day... its arguably the poorest of the bigger Yorkshire days.... both Sheffield clubs, and i'd say Barnsley, are better away days imo...

LastGarrison

Been to Leeds twice in the championship (1st time round) years, once was boxing day i think. We took pretty poor followings to both if i recall...

Although one of them was the scene of that Don Hutchinson goal...
I’ve been once as well. It was my mates birthday and we went on a minibus from the Devon.

Stopped off outside Leeds somewhere in a local pub and he was promptly bought a ‘top shelf’ that turned him into a dribbling mess and we didn’t think he’d make the game and then one of the lads we half knew mentioned he had an 8th of coke which we promptly got stuck into which brought my mate round for the game!

All I remember when is that we got hammered and Joachim scored.

Just googled it and it was 2004 😳 and we had a front line of Johnson, Morrell and Wood.

No wonder we didn’t fucking score!!

slowpoke

Burnley or Leeds ?
Burnley for me awful team.
I think Leeds will be a lot stronger than them possibly favourites to go straight back up.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve been once as well. It was my mates birthday and we went on a minibus from the Devon.

Stopped off outside Leeds somewhere in a local pub and he was promptly bought a ‘top shelf’ that turned him into a dribbling mess and we didn’t think he’d make the game and then one of the lads we half knew mentioned he had an 8th of coke which we promptly got stuck into which brought my mate round for the game!

All I remember when is that we got hammered and Joachim scored.

Just googled it and it was 2004 😳 and we had a front line of Johnson, Morrell and Wood.

No wonder we didn’t fucking score!!

I have vague recollections of Danny Pugh scoring, who we had tried to sign. And to be fair, we did.

10 years later.

mark82

I think if Burnley came down they would bounce straight back up, I think people are underestimating them a tad

They have a lot of players out of contract, and apparently have loans to pay to the owners in the event of relegation (not sure how true). Will be strong but it'll be a rebuild.

Travs

Leeds all day long. Love the bigger teams falling

Got to agree with this...

There's a massive trend on here to see everything in the context of how it affects CCFC's chances of progression (an admirable standpoint i'm sure)..... eg "lets hope some team we don't actually give a toss about, go on a decent run, then we might get £100k sell-on clause when they theoretically sell our ex-striker for a bit of a profit...." and so forth...

But who gives a damn if Everton and Leeds have a better chance of going straight back up than say Burnley and Soton.... ideal bottom three for me would have been Leeds, Everton, Newcastle...

Sky Blue Pete

Got to agree with this...

There's a massive trend on here to see everything in the context of how it affects CCFC's chances of progression (an admirable standpoint i'm sure)..... eg "lets hope some team we don't actually give a toss about, go on a decent run, then we might get £100k sell-on clause when they theoretically sell our ex-striker for a bit of a profit...." and so forth...

But who gives a damn if Everton and Leeds have a better chance of going straight back up than say Burnley and Soton.... ideal bottom three for me would have been Leeds, Everton, Newcastle...
Or Chelsea Man City and Liverpool

Grendel

Leeds all day long. Love the bigger teams falling

In recent times how are they a bigger team in terms of the top flight? They were in the wilderness for 20 years.

Grendel

Leeds home support is pretty average for a city of that size, away following is very good though

If you take the Don Revie era out they won one title and nothing else really

KenilworthSkyBlue

Leeds home support is pretty average for a city of that size, away following is very good though

It's picked up a lot in recent years. Their average attendance for the past few seasons (excluding the Covid season obviously) has been in and around the 35k mark.

Pretty good considering Elland Road's capacity is just under 38k. Granted in the years before that it was low though.

slowpoke

They have a good squad but a high injury list of their better players, will lose some probably but still be strong

SlowerThanPlatt

It's picked up a lot in recent years. Their average attendance for the past few seasons (excluding the Covid season obviously) has been in and around the 35k mark.

Pretty good considering Elland Road's capacity is just under 38k. Granted in the years before that it was low though.

Yeah I remember going there in our relegation season and it was low 20s. They’re not as well supported as Everton

better days

They have a lot of players out of contract, and apparently have loans to pay to the owners in the event of relegation (not sure how true). Will be strong but it'll be a rebuild.
It is true
It's around £60m from memory
The new Burnley owners are a Pound Shop version of the Glazers
They didn't have the money to buy the club and immediately loaded all the debt onto Burnley when they did
If they go down it's likely to be a disaster for the club

jordan210

Leeds and Burnley have both written to the Prem league over Evertons finances and asking if a breach of FFP has taken place

Legia Sky Blue

I’d expect Phillips and Raphinha to move on, possibly Bamford too.

If so they could possibly be replaced by our big 3! Regardless though, Leeds will have a huge financial advantage over every other team in the league. It will take a hugely incompetent manager not to take them straight back up. Burnley would be far more likely to struggle.

Mucca Mad Boys

If it is Leeds, Watford and Norwich I can’t see any of them running away with the title next year.

At least two of the teams going down will go back up. Their spending will be subsidised by parachute payments.

Watford and Norwich are typical yo-yo teams who are too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Prem.

As for Leeds, I think they’ll get automatic promotion. If Burnley go down, I think they’d struggle the most but will still make the playoffs if they hire a decent manager.

cov donkey kick

Think Leeds will be down and good news is we only play them twice out of a 46game season so no worries and if we do hopefully early season before they get comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread