Who Cares (2 Viewers)

georgehudson

i'd just hope someone can find out any of sisu's shareholders & send them a copy of this thread,
perhaps with the added comment,

'& you are investing in this lot'

torchomatic

I would imagine if you're rich enough to invest then you don't care. Who knows?

i'd just hope someone can find out any of sisu's shareholders & send them a copy of this thread,
perhaps with the added comment,

'& you are investing in this lot'

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm genuinely jealous of those who can stop caring, I still care as much as I did in my first season. As I said in another thread I've only been supporting City since 03/04 so it's just been all shit from then, at the moment I genuinely regret becoming a City supporter. When I look back, I ask myself why didn't I just pick a premier league team.

Grendel

Sorry Torch, we used to agree on a lot, but you're being a out of order here. People have had enough, people want to post about it in here. End of story.

I don't see why. He has strong motivation to attend Sixfields. My circumstance is very different so its easier not to bother.

The reality is that we will return in a year or two or cease to exist. I've adopted a mindset that I have gone abroad for a couple of years and when I get back will carry on as normal. It sounds wierd but if that was the case you'd return and support the team as before

In 40 years i had hardly missed a home game and from 1980 to 1990 hardly an away game either. This is a farcical situation but it can't and will not continue. If the club is still in existence in two years it will be in coventry. That's why the crap spouted about not caring about relegation and the fervent zeal that FPP will slash the squad pisses me off. The club when it returns has to be in a strong a position as possible. Only an idiot would want less.

Calista

Can the complacency of the people running CCFC carry on in the face of this? Mr. Fisher’s recent programme notes suggest that either they don’t get it, or they are revelling in it. Either way, it makes me feel sick.

What did he say in the programme then?

"Of course, we understand that supporters want to know where the stadium is going to be and how long it will take to build. I know for some - probably most - it won't be anything more than a "PR" exercise until they see evidence of location and timescales etc.”

He’s completely missing the point, and deliberately so as far as I’m concerned. As if anyone is going to be happier when they hear about the location and timescales. After reading what lifelong supporters have said on this thread (after just 6 months of being away from Coventry) how many fans will wait several years for a new stadium to be built outside the city? Not me, certainly.
CCFC Carlisle programme - Coventrycity-mad.co.uk

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm genuinely jealous of those who can stop caring, I still care as much as I did in my first season. As I said in another thread I've only been supporting City since 03/04 so it's just been all shit from then, at the moment I genuinely regret becoming a City supporter. When I look back, I ask myself why didn't I just pick a premier league team.

A lot of our supporters did you were too late:facepalm:

torchomatic

Wrong thread.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hill83

I don't see why. He has strong motivation to attend Sixfields. My circumstance is very different so its easier not to bother.

The reality is that we will return in a year or two or cease to exist. I've adopted a mindset that I have gone abroad for a couple of years and when I get back will carry on as normal. It sounds wierd but if that was the case you'd return and support the team as before

In 40 years i had hardly missed a home game and from 1980 to 1990 hardly an away game either. This is a farcical situation but it can't and will not continue. If the club is still in existence in two years it will be in coventry. That's why the crap spouted about not caring about relegation and the fervent zeal that FPP will slash the squad pisses me off. The club when it returns has to be in a strong a position as possible. Only an idiot would want less.

You don't see why what?

I'm sure the vast majority of us are the same, when we come back we will start going again. It's a tiny amount saying they aren't bothered about relegation so I wouldn't worry about it.

With all due respect, I completely disagree with the concept of abandoning your team. I follow my club up and down the country from the biggest high to the lowest low. The think I have learned from being a football fan is that you still by your team til the death. Coventry City Football Club is not dead yet. And you're willing to abandon the team after 55 years cus because of 7 months of SISU being wankers? We need to stand together, not divide. Its your right to stop going but personally, I would never do it no matter what. Im staying with the sky blues until either I die or CCFC dies

gary_ccfcforever

have to echo everyones sentiments. i've barely missed a game since 2001 untill this season. I used to get up on a match day buzzing with excitement, Now it feels like a chore, its not fun anymore.

I used to love going to home games, even if the match was poor (which invariably it was) the chance to meet up with your mates and sit in your area of the ground with people that you had formed close bonds with over years and years was always a pleasure. Thats all been torn away and for me thats the worst part, I only met my brother in 2008 and since then him, me his son and numerous mates used to sit in the same block at the Ricoh and it was a pleasure, My brothers son is only 9, he doesnt understand, he used to love his saturdays at the Ricoh... not its all ruined. For the 1st time in 14 years i no longer know who the next ' home fixture' is against. I no longer listen to games if i can't make them, i no longer scream when we score, i know longer get excited about the club i once loved.

I know soon enough if things don't change asap i will end up losing the passion all together and be another one who will just walk away.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

With all due respect, I completely disagree with the concept of abandoning your team. I follow my club up and down the country from the biggest high to the lowest low. The think I have learned from being a football fan is that you still by your team til the death. Coventry City Football Club is not dead yet. And you're willing to abandon the team after 55 years cus because of 7 months of SISU being wankers? We need to stand together, not divide. Its your right to stop going but personally, I would never do it no matter what. Im staying with the sky blues until either I die or CCFC dies

I have'nt abandonedmy team they've abandoned me. Listen if they had neen relegated ten times I would still have gone to watch them every game,this is different they have said fuck you so I'm saying ok.

RegTheDonk

Oh goody, another "woe is me" thread.

Thing is Torch, look at it as a "woe is CCFC" thread.

If the level of disinterest continues with SISU in charge, keeping us in Northampton for a few more years, who would want to buy us off them? We'll still be a struggling club with a poor fans base - who knows how many will still want to watch CCFC in their shiny new stadium, somewhere "near" Cov, by then. 6-7K perhaps. How do SISU sell that at a profit?

The council won't sell them the Ricoh for peanuts, they really need to cut their cloth, take the hit and fuck off now.

Steve.B50

Oh goody, another "woe is me" thread.

I often read thus forum. But try not to come on unless I believe in my own mind its important. This is a serious thread and some sad comments on here and personally I feel for these people.
As for you Torchomatic, you are a 100% Tosser.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I knew my passion had died months ago when on hearing that City had just lost a game, I just thought to myself "Oh well, another loss." Years ago I'd be in a foul mood for days, kicking the dog and not speaking to anyone. Now I've forgotten all about the result an hour after the match. Strangely, the same goes for a win. I just can't seem to feel excited by that anymore.

valiant15

Seven months of being wankers?

They've been wankers for the last five years ffs.

georgehudson

BHSB, you are quite right, they,
CCFC in the guise of Sisu / Otium, have abandoned Coventry City fans,
and, the public of our City,

& all this because our religious controller, who has her family & investors at heart,
cannot get her own way.

this, is, a very sad thread, because it highlights the fact that fans are being driven away,
& i fully understand a previous poster, who was so angry, he may well resort to some action that he might be banned for

DaleM

Seven months of being wankers?

They've been wankers for the last five years ffs.

They've been wankers a lot longer than that. Just look at some of the poor fuckers done over before CCFC. Joy the christian ? More like Joy the devil incarnate .

Tommystours

Reading this whilst sunning myself in Gran Canaria. Thought I would get away from all the doom and gloom around CCFC and the bad weather.
Have been a true sky blue since 1963 , but somebody decided that my team would not be playing in Cov this season .This would have meant I would be a
" Diamond fan" if we were at the Ricoh, missing very few home games and only a handful of away games each season, for the last 50 years ,having stood and sat in all parts of highfield road including boxes and corporate, and have had all the same experiences at The RicoH Arena.
Now only go to away away games. But this gives me the fix to meet up with friends that I only know through football , and the present owners cannot take that away from me/ us.they may have tried to f - - k up the club and are doing a good job of f- - king up the great city of Coventry, with lack of money being spent in Coventry on match days, but like the Phoenix we will rise again , someday.
I am not ready to call the Samaritans , and I urge all sky blue fans around the world to keep the faith. I am fortunate to have seen what little success my team have given me and as long as liquidation doesn't happen there will be an end result .CTID

bigfatronssba

I have'nt abandonedmy team they've abandoned me. Listen if they had neen relegated ten times I would still have gone to watch them every game,this is different they have said fuck you so I'm saying ok.

Summed up perfectly.

torchomatic

I often read thus forum. But try not to come on unless I believe in my own mind its important. This is a serious thread and some sad comments on here and personally I feel for these people.
As for you Torchomatic, you are a 100% Tosser.

Tell me something I don't know, cheeky chops.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

johnb

Been going regular since the last promotion season, wagged off school to go to Bayern Munich away as a 15 year old in 1970. Seen it all, well most of it.
Went on the pre season march and demo. I won't attend sixfields, been on the hill once. I now go away only, about ten games so far this season.

On the first day of sky blue ribbons I bought one from Cov market and tied it around the tree on the A45 adjacent to the Peugeot garage. It's been there ever since up to last week, some turd must have cut it off. I'm pleasantly surprised I've still got the passion and intention to go and replace it this weekend.
I will never lose the pride of being a Coventry City supporter, end of.

Last edited:

@richh87

Joined this thread late as I haven't been on recently. It's all just too depressing and there's nothing left to be interested in. I haven't bothered to find out our last two fixtures or results.

I ask you this. If you wanted to take over a club you despise and ruin them - say Leicester for instance - what would you do to ensure they are permanently screwed? Would it be these things?:

- get club relegated
- move club away
- kill fan base off
- try to build a smaller stadium, thus reducing team's potential and potential income
- kill off all good will with local businesses

If the answer is yes - then ask yourself - what have these scum bag parasites actually come here to achieve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Joined this thread late as I haven't been on recently. It's all just too depressing and there's nothing left to be interested in. I haven't bothered to find out our last two fixtures or results.

I ask you this. If you wanted to take over a club you despise and ruin them - say Leicester for instance - what would you do to ensure they are permanently screwed? Would it be these things?:

- get club relegated
- move club away
- kill fan base off
- try to build a smaller stadium, thus reducing team's potential and potential income

If the answer is yes - then ask yourself - what have these scum bag parasites actually come here to achieve?

Operation Oblivion

Brighton Sky Blue

- get club relegated
- move club away
- kill fan base off

I did this to Leicester so many times on Football Manager I've lost count.

Brighton Sky Blue

I knew my passion had died months ago when on hearing that City had just lost a game, I just thought to myself "Oh well, another loss." Years ago I'd be in a foul mood for days, kicking the dog and not speaking to anyone. Now I've forgotten all about the result an hour after the match. Strangely, the same goes for a win. I just can't seem to feel excited by that anymore.

Very similar to me HH-I used to get in a foul mood if we got beat, now I'm indifferent to it although the good results do perk me up a little still. But for Steven Pressley this season would have been utter humiliation on the field as well as off it so credit to him for what he's put into it.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's not just the football Is It. It's the sense of Brotherhood, to be able to commune with likeminded folk,something quite unusual In. a digitised I'm alright Jack world.
Pride In where you come from. Carrying on with this unsatisfactory situation Is a little like perusing an old flame. It's a negative
trait If that's what you get from the game.
For me I've realised that's what I take from It
and think I've taken a positive approach to It by going down the Egg Chasing route, find I can get that sense of Identity there,.
Have been to several of our away games. but that's of no benefit to the City I come from.
To the OP I'd recommend this route as Its a positive personal step,removing all the disillusionment that goes with the game of football as a whole,compounded with our situation and the sense of abandonment. No overpaid prima donnas and a benefit to this city and a team belonging/from It.
A team on the up with good current owner,I'd expect a more proactive marketing strategy from them for next season, location and post match entertainment make for a truely enjoyable afternoon /Evening, Don't get me wrong, If CCFC were still In town this wouldn't have become an Issue,however Its not healthy to hang around after she's done the dirty on you. The games not the same, the experience Is refreshingly enjoyable.

I went to watch the Blaze up here in Scotland a few months ago and loved it-the same atmosphere as a City game but the team actually won and gave us more to shout about. As I'm up here for the next few years yet I probably will keep going along with the few City games close enough to the border for me to get to.

Users who are viewing this thread