Who Cares (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

After 55 years of supporting City,thirty odd years a season ticket holder I'm sorry to say I don't care anymore. Missed my first game on the hill last week and my second away game on Saturday and you know what didn't miss either. So wont go again this season,no protests or petitions,no more SBT meetings am not interested anymore I think seven months is enough. Next season if City get a big away cup draw and if I can get a ticket I might go. I realised on Saturday what a good time I had with my family and the freedom of not basing my weekends around the City. I would like to thank Tim Fisher et al for showing me that there is life without football:claping hands:

stupot07

Every cloud.... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RFC

That's very, very sad. Feel really sorry for you.

Hope I never loose the passion.

stupot07

It will wear off....I'm now missing my Saturday afternoon break from the family.... :( we'll not my 7 year old, he usually came with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

jan87

I know how you feel. I have supported CCFC for over 50 years 30 of them travelling from Hampshire. I find it harder each week to go to matches. Mr Fisher take note, this it how your supporters feel, ignore their feelings at your peril

skybluenorth

I know exactly how you feel my friend, I don't go to many games now living up north ( mostly away games) first game as a seven year old in 74, and many season tickets after that, still feel sick when they get beat so have never stopped caring, but sisu, the council and anyone else that is to blame are really Chipping away at my love for the game, just hope it gets sorted before it goes for ever.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I know how you feel. I have supported CCFC for over 50 years 30 of them travelling from Hampshire. I find it harder each week to go to matches. Mr Fisher take note, this it how your supporters feel, ignore their feelings at your peril

I am really thankfull to Mr Fisher,this will save me a fortune on buying shirts etc for nrphews nieces every year,food drink travel and tickets to away games,petrol etc to stand on a fucking hill getting wet and not even seeing a game. Add to that missing the start of some games handing out leaflets posters etc and for what I'll tell you my friend for fuck all.

Monners

Coming to the point where I feel like giving up on it all to be honest. I cannot see a resolution to the whole saga. I will be taking my lad to his first ever game on 8th March - Kettering Town v Marlow. I went to school there and used to watch them when I couldn't get to Cov. I shall be going with a mate who did the same as a kid and is a Villa sesaon ticket holder (he is getting fed up with the way footie is going). We just want to see a game of football without any hyperbole or shenanigans. Kettering now play back in the Borough and have fans on the Board (£18 for the four of us) - it can be done, and will be good to catch up with some old mates.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I know exactly how you feel my friend, I don't go to many games now living up north ( mostly away games) first game as a seven year old in 74, and many season tickets after that, still feel sick when they get beat so have never stopped caring, but sisu, the council and anyone else that is to blame are really Chipping away at my love for the game, just hope it gets sorted before it goes for ever.

I really dont think it matters anymore if they went back tomorrow I could not forget or forgive,and this is why,LOYALTY my club haven't shown me any,CONTEMPT shown me plenty and are still doing so.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I gave up months ago! It's no use complaining and putting statements on here like "I hope Fisher reads this....." etc. Of course he doesn't! He is a SISU puppet and will never give a shite about the people that REALLY matter and make a football club what it is. That's why so many clubs are suffering, because of people and owners like him. Football died for me years ago, but I just couldn't stop believing things would improve. They haven't and never will. I get more enjoyment watching my local team in the Wessex league. All amateurs, but the club is ran for the local people and all the ground staff are volunteers. Great atmosphere!

Brighton Sky Blue

I am stuck between travelling hours on the train to places reachable from Scotland and watching some of the football up here-a rock and hard place situation if ever there was one.

mark82

I gave up months ago! It's no use complaining and putting statements on here like "I hope Fisher reads this....." etc. Of course he doesn't! He is a SISU puppet and will never give a shite about the people that REALLY matter and make a football club what it is. That's why so many clubs are suffering, because of people and owners like him. Football died for me years ago, but I just couldn't stop believing things would improve. They haven't and never will. I get more enjoyment watching my local team in the Wessex league. All amateurs, but the club is ran for the local people and all the ground staff are volunteers. Great atmosphere!

Non league is increasingly the way to go. It's like football used to be when I was growing up. Yes, crowds are smaller but players play for the love of the game, not a whacking great pay packet.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Weekend before last - Wolves v Notts County
Last weekend - Shopping for a diamond anniversary present for my mum & dad and back in time to see the rugby
Next weekend - Telford v Bradford Park Ave

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I really dont care wether he reads it or not

georgehudson

imho,
as someone who has followed the club for over 55yrs,
the level of disgust, disdain, contempt, & hatred i feel for certain persons & factions,
is now beyond reproach,
to treat us Coventry City fans this way is totally abhorrent,
there are certain persons who will reap just what they have sewn

Brighton Sky Blue

When did you move oop North BSB?

I was north of the border at uni for 4 of the last 5 years (in Brighton for one of them on a placement) then got offered a PhD to stay on for another 4 years. I went to Hartlepool a few months ago and should be able to get to a few more if the trains work out alright-Scottish football's dire but the atmosphere at least is worth going for.

Brighton Sky Blue

Non league is increasingly the way to go. It's like football used to be when I was growing up. Yes, crowds are smaller but players play for the love of the game, not a whacking great pay packet.

Scottish football's a lot like this-and the half time pies are 10 times better as well ;)

I was north of the border at uni for 4 of the last 5 years (in Brighton for one of them on a placement) then got offered a PhD to stay on for another 4 years. I went to Hartlepool a few months ago and should be able to get to a few more if the trains work out alright-Scottish football's dire but the atmosphere at least is worth going for.

You'll be retired before you get a job at this rate BSB!;)

letsallsingtogether

There are many many more who feel like that lost forever can't even be bothered myself lately.

Just come on here to see if there is any news and light at the end of the tunnel, but am starting to think that it is and endless pit RIP CCFC:mad:

bigfatronssba

After 55 years of supporting City,thirty odd years a season ticket holder I'm sorry to say I don't care anymore. Missed my first game on the hill last week and my second away game on Saturday and you know what didn't miss either. So wont go again this season,no protests or petitions,no more SBT meetings am not interested anymore I think seven months is enough. Next season if City get a big away cup draw and if I can get a ticket I might go. I realised on Saturday what a good time I had with my family and the freedom of not basing my weekends around the City. I would like to thank Tim Fisher et al for showing me that there is life without football:claping hands:

I know exactly how you feel. I've started to find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon that are far more enjoyable than sitting in the cold watching city lose.

I've come to the conclusion that football is a disgusting sport that abuses the loyalty of fans in order to reward those least deserving. The sooner I can wean myself off football altogether the better.

ecky

If Pressley has any sense he will go to another club in the summer, I used to stand on the crows nest in 1970 on a milk crate with my dad and grandad and I was hooked with city, now I have 2 lads in their twenties they along with my bro and my dad don't go anymore.....sad sad time

I agree you don't play with people's emotions and lives, city was part of many peoples lives and sisu through their greed have destroyed that.

Voice_of_Reason

I feel the same - supporting since1952. I had even forgotten they were playing last week ! This would never have happened before. What killed not only CCFC/SISU etc last week was football in general when Rooney was offered £300,000 A WEEK ! Football, as we used to know it, is DEAD. My passion is dead.

joemercersaces

Agree it is such a sad time. Went to my first game in 1969 aged 6 with my now departed Dad. Regular in the West End in the thrilling 70s. Life has always been up and down linked to City's fortunes. Indeed I used to think we were usually crap back then but how I would swap these days for those now. The last match my Dad made it to was against Derby, the last match at Highfield Road so he never saw the Ricoh. Started taking my own lad but not to Sixfields, will never go there. To me that would be like someone taking your kids hostage and you popping round to spend some time with them and the kidnappers. Go the see Cov play now at The Butts and thoroughly recommend it. There's a lot of Sky Blue scarves on show there. Can't see any end to this fiasco.

Moff

Its desperate, and I can understand the feelings on this thread.

I have pretty much stepped back from going to games until we are back home. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that one day they will be gone, as there must surely be an end game. I just despair for what state the club will be in then though.

My feelings for football on the whole changed many years ago, its nothing like it used to be, and I am only just into my 40's and yet the game is totally removed from what it was when I started watching. Its been ruined by money and us the fans are now bottom of the pile in the considerations of owners, whilst footballers and their wages are no far removed from the wages of the man on the street. Its mad when someone like Rooney earns more in a week than Barack Obama does in a year.

I still love my team, but like others are beginning to find new habits as I am forced away by the owners that we despise.

Calista

This thread is very hard to read, I can fully identify with nearly every post. Some may think it’s down to a few bad results, but this is exactly how I’ve felt ever since we played our first match in Northampton.

Can the complacency of the people running CCFC carry on in the face of this? Mr. Fisher’s recent programme notes suggest that either they don’t get it, or they are revelling in it. Either way, it makes me feel sick.

OK, you’ve got an argument with the Council - get back to the Ricoh and do it from there. You might even win a bit of respect.

Users who are viewing this thread