Whilst i'm very disappointed (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

If you are wrong off the pitch you will never be right on it, we have no direction or aim, in fact we are a rudderless ship that is drifting to survive as a business with the football a secondary thought. The club will play word games and release stuff like we have one of the best academies in league football really fast showing a future while selling a young talent to fuel the ship to drift.

The players yesterday are to blame for the result but 9 who played have no future at the club and are going through the motions. Anderson said he was amazed TM was at the club last week stating one of the best in league football. Well ill be amazed if 1 TM doesn't know when smoke is being blown up his arse and 2 that he will hangs around to have the same situation next year.

The situation now is little different to when we went top of the league earlier in the season.

shy_tall_knight

The situation now is little different to when we went top of the league earlier in the season.

SISU were hardly mentioned up to Xmas, then the court case, then the Madders sale and then Fletcher quoting our case is hopeless aligned with our poor form. I genuinely believe the sale of madders without any evidence of permanent replacements knocked the stuffing out of the team and the fans more than people think

NorthernWisdom

SISU were hardly mentioned up to Xmas, then the court case, then the Madders sale and then Fletcher quoting our case is hopeless aligned with our poor form. I genuinely believe the sale of madders without any evidence of permanent replacements knocked the stuffing out of the team and the fans more than people think

Alternatively, that's more down to fans being easily pleased when results go well, and overlook whether the club is owned by a bunch of shysters or not.

Grendel

What nonsense. Our form has been declining since November.

Did MK Dons decline when they sold Ali?

shy_tall_knight

Since Xmas the feel around the club has changed, a combination off poor results but also SISU coming out of the woodwork, I think whilst the going was good its easier to forget the mess we are in. Selling Madders and the court case are the reminder of what a mess we are in.

Not sure of the relevance of MK to our situation is, MK Dons as a club are going in a different direction and their fans are a lot more positive about their club than Cov fans are.

Chipfat

What nonsense. Our form has been declining since November.

Did MK Dons decline when they sold Ali?

And this is the point of conversation, why? what has changed. I guess you are putting this down to 100% players and manager. I understand why you would just think its to easy to come up with that result. I think it goes deeper, i fear and have no trust in the direction the club is going, in fact i'm not sure what direction we are going in. I have said it for along time we are not getting it right off the field and that will hamper and effect any success on the field we have.

Last edited:

Grendel

And this is the point of conversation, why? what has it what changed. I guess you are putting this down to 100% players and manager. I understand why you would just think its to easy to come up with that result. I think it goes deeper, i fear and have no trust in the direction the club is going, in fact i'm not sure what direction we are going in. I have said it for along time we are not getting it right off the field and that will hamper and effect any success on the field we have.

Why did the player and manager perform at Sixfields then?

Grendel

Since Xmas the feel around the club has changed, a combination off poor results but also SISU coming out of the woodwork, I think whilst the going was good its easier to forget the mess we are in. Selling Madders and the court case are the reminder of what a mess we are in.

Not sure of the relevance of MK to our situation is, MK Dons as a club are going in a different direction and their fans are a lot more positive about their club than Cov fans are.

Drivel

Chipfat

Why did the player and manager perform at Sixfields then?

Is that an answer to do you think its 100% loss of form down to managers and players or do you think it goes deeper?. If so still not sure why form at Northampton relates to today's current situation at the club.

Grendel

Is that an answer to do you think its 100% loss of form down to managers and players or do you think it goes deeper?. If so still not sure why form at Northampton relates to today's current situation at the club.

Yes 100% -

shy_tall_knight

MK can't be compared to Cov, totally different club in terms of history and how they are currently run, MK fans have a right to expect rgeir sales proceeds to be reinvested into the club with permanent additions that cost a fee, Cyrus , Turner, Callum all went with no players acquired just freebies and loans, fans have no confidence in SISU, unlike you most saw through the Sixfields bluff and we've been funding those losses ever since.

shy_tall_knight

If we don't get promoted next season how many of that starting X1 will be actually bothered, not too many as they won't be here, its a model that has beenefits but runs the risks as experienced by Swindon this season

Chipfat

Fair play Gren, we all have the right to an opinion, i don't just see if this is the case that we can improve if the managers and players are at 100% fault.

Grendel

If we don't get promoted next season how many of that starting X1 will be actually bothered, not too many as they won't be here, its a model that has beenefits but runs the risks as experienced by Swindon this season

If we get promoted how many would be here? They are not good enough for the championship anyway.

That argument is ridiculous given that the loan players have proven far more effective than many of the permenant players. Lamaries, vincelot, stokes, rose and Ricketts are far more likely to stay if we don't go up.

lifeskyblue

Of those only stokes and Vincelot would have a chance in the championship and I'm not that sure they would make it. Possibly would but bot if we were challenging for premier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipfat

I can't think of any club getting promoted and having to bring in a complete squad to be able to just survive never mind compete. Most have a very good group of players that they have bonded together then BUILD in depth and talent where is needed. So lets stop fucking about with posts about Maddison is overrated, Cole is too old and RCC is to blame for certain goals, where are we building foundations to be able sustain, compete and move to the next level. This is my biggest problem, we are trending water, even if you don't want to admit our owners are crap, you have to admit we are not trying to be successful.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

If we get promoted how many would be here? They are not good enough for the championship anyway.

That argument is ridiculous given that the loan players have proven far more effective than many of the permenant players. Lamaries, vincelot, stokes, rose and Ricketts are far more likely to stay if we don't go up.

Wouldn't that reflect poorly on a recruitment policy, though? Shouldn't it be the manager's job to find players he can improve so they're capable of playing at the next level, and becoming a saleable asset to the club?

Grendel

Wouldn't that reflect poorly on a recruitment policy, though? Shouldn't it be the manager's job to find players he can improve so they're capable of playing at the next level, and becoming a saleable asset to the club?

Most of mowbrays signings have been awful.

singers_pore

TM has said on SBP that player outgoings are not his domain while he only has limited input into player signings. It's Anderson who ultimately controls that side of the club.

NorthernWisdom

TM has said on SBP that player outgoings are not his domain while he only has limited input into player signings. It's Anderson who ultimately controls that side of the club.

Out of interest, is the interview available elsewhere and/or in print for those of us who don't have SBP?

That would contradict quite savagely the hullabaloo around Mowbray signing in the first place.

singers_pore

Out of interest, is the interview available elsewhere and/or in print for those of us who don't have SBP?

That would contradict quite savagely the hullabaloo around Mowbray signing in the first place.

I am not aware of it being anywhere other than on SBP. IIRC he made the comment around the time that JM went to Norwich.

SkyBlue_Bear83

How incredibly convenient it is only on SBP

I think its obvious Maddison was out of his hand and the people above him made the decision.

wrt the he has limited input into incoming signings comment he has said something like this before. He doesn't mean Anderson is controlling it and dictating who he signs, it means Mowbray has left that side and doing a lot of the groundwork to people he trusts i.e. Mark Venus rather than directly getting involved himself at every stage.

Ian1779

But only 15 points from the last 14 games. I just don't see us getting into the playoffs much less actually winning them.

But our fate is our own hands isn't it? Yes our form has been poor but that doesn't mean we can't pick up. It's up to the players to step up their game as we go into March. A good month beckons.

shy_tall_knight

What loans have been a sucess Arma & Murphy yes, Turner whilst he was here yes, new Centre backs look better, policy has given us Bigi & Cole who were poor as loanees. The whole squad is mish mash of loanees, more loanees than we are allowed to play, short term signings, contracts due to expire, most other clubs have this combination but I doubt it is to the extent that we have. Don't think this revolving door is helpful in the long run, since relegation its been too many, its SISU's strategy and their preference is for constant short-term fixes rather than long term investment ie permanent acquisitions, transfer fees and long term contracts

Gazolba

<snip> I still can't get my head around why the forward line has been neglected it's been under performing for months now order am I deluded ?

You are deluded. We just won the previous game 6-0. And the forward line hasn't been neglected; we got Henderson. The defence and midfield is the problem. We are (a) making too many defensive mistakes and (b) not getting the ball to our strikers often enough and in good enough positions.

Otis

Not the keeper any more then, Gazbola? Couple of weeks ago you were saying the problem was the keeper.

Now it is the defence and the midfield.

Are you moving up the pitch in stages? ;)

Skyblueweeman

People banging on about the squad for next season and the lack of players...I don't get why this is a shock as it's been the same for about 10 years now. And it's not just us...the majority of lower league teams go through a squad overhaul in the Summer. I'd be surprised if out of the 48 L1/L2 clubs, if less than 10 of them had less than 10 new players come in before the end of the Summer transfer window.

Not to say I think it's right...off course I'd like more longer term, contracted players but the squad position is symptomatic of the league we're in. Personally, I'm less concerned about next seasons squad and more concerned about our form over the past 3 months...

chiefdave

People banging on about the squad for next season and the lack of players...I don't get why this is a shock as it's been the same for about 10 years now.

You're correct it has been the same for many years and is the same for many clubs. The reason people are taking issue is we are being told this season is the first season in a two year plan. How can you have a two year plan when after the first year you're basically starting again?

Skyblueweeman

You're correct it has been the same for many years and is the same for many clubs. The reason people are taking issue is we are being told this season is the first season in a two year plan. How can you have a two year plan when after the first year you're basically starting again?

I suspect TM was hoping that the permanent signings would have more of an impact, enough to fire us to promotion and then extend contracts for next season if they warranted it. Same with the loans actually...if we had stormed the league and got promoted with the autos, might he have tied down some of the loans on permanent deals?

Otis

Exactly this!

And previously we haven't been challenging at the right end of the table. This year we are. That changes things too.

Users who are viewing this thread