Whilst i'm very disappointed (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

after yesterdays result [Fleetwood Town FGS ] The sign of a club moving forward , is making progress . that's enough for me to be content we're heading in the right direction . we will finish 8th - 12 th . this is progress compared to last season [ Crawley final day etc ] so , before we get too downhearted , let's see how we do next season . #PUSB

torchomatic

Personally, despite our form I still think we will scrape into the playoffs. Apart from Wigan other teams seem to be slipping too. We just need to watch the teams behind us.

I think the demise of Coventry City has been greatly exaggerated.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I agree completely Bob. Before the season I would have taken top half any day of the week. Psychologically however to finish with a poor run will dampen spirits before next season begins, for a lot of supporters. For us to go from top 4 to 10-12 to finish would be a very poor run indeed.

Top 10 right now is a big step from last season. Never thought that would happen.

rupert_bear

Failure to atleast make the play offs would be a major disappointment from where we were before Xmas especially with the squad we have, I still can't get my head around why the forward line has been neglected it's been under performing for months now order am I deluded ?

stupot07

Must agree with Rupert, doesn't matter what we did last season, given where we were at Xmas and have been in the top 6 for 33 games, finishing outside the top 6 would be a failure given the quality we have in the squad. I'm not sure you can point to progress when only RCC and Vincelot out of yesterday's starting line up are contracted for next season, plus stokes with his 1 year option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Malaka

I am totally pissed off. Our current form is regulation form, there should be no excuses now. The squad is good enough, I think at full strength we have the best first team in this league, but FFS these current results are unacceptable

Otis

Understand what you are saying, but top 6 all season long and top 3 for quite a while to then drop to midtable can't be moving in the right direction can it?

The other problem I have with that is that if this is going in the right direction next season we are going to have to rip it up and start again, pretty much from scratch.

Only two I can see are players bought for the future, Lorentzson and Rose.

Next season we will have

RCC

Ricketts (possibly not as he'll be 35), Phillips, Martin, Stokes, Willis.

Vincelot, Rose

Tudgay? George Thomas.

That's not a base to build from. That needs a complete revamp. Can't build a squad around that lot.
after yesterdays result [Fleetwood Town FGS ] The sign of a club moving forward , is making progress . that's enough for me to be content we're heading in the right direction . we will finish 8th - 12 th . this is progress compared to last season [ Crawley final day etc ] so , before we get too downhearted , let's see how we do next season . #PUSB

Bob Latchford

I am totally pissed off. Our current form is regulation form, there should be no excuses now. The squad is good enough, I think at full strength we have the best first team in this league, but FFS these current results are unacceptable

Think you need regulating fella.

Bob Latchford

Progress has /is being made compared to last season . we're moving forward #Fact

stupot07

Progress has /is being made compared to last season . we're moving forward #Fact

It's not really a fact, look at Swindon, lost half their team because they were too reliant on loans and gone backwards this season after they left. Leyton Orient finished in the play offs, lost half of their squad then got relegated the following season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

pusbccfc

Back to square one in the summer when we lose all our key players. Add to that the fact that attendances will drop back down to 9k next season.

shy_tall_knight

Walsall and gillingham Burton with lower playing budgets being in the play offs / promoted ahead of us, can't use the dross of the previous years to giauge this season. Also TM has done very little to develop the squad if we are still in League 1 next year. When all the loanees and short term contracts leave he will have to start again building a squad, IMO this was a very high risk strategy

Grendel

Mowbrays permanent signings haven't been great either. Vincelot aside they've been mainly poor.

Bob Latchford

It's not really a fact, look at Swindon, lost half their team because they were too reliant on loans and gone backwards this season after they left. Leyton Orient finished in the play offs, lost half of their squad then got relegated the following season.

Finished bottom 6 last season will finish 8th - 12 th this season ... yeah, you're correct no progress is being made :facepalm:

Otis

Spot on Stu.

I really fear for next season. We have almost nothing to build on.

Grendel

Finished bottom 6 last season will finish 8th - 12 th this season ... yeah, you're correct no progress is being made :facepalm:

No it hadn't. This season is mirroring the sixfields season - look what happened the following season.

We are over the last 15 games showing relegation form.

Bob Latchford

PTA

The problem is, this season is the best chance we're going to get for promotion. Like malaka said our first team is one of the best in the league. The league is piss poor aswell (Burton are top, Burton fucking Albion!). And it's going to be a shit tone harder next season without Armstrong.

SlowerThanPlatt

Any form of progress I'm happy with.

Dropping from top to 15th wouldn't be progress in my book but everyone's allowed an opinion.

In my opinion you can't really compare to last season as only 2 regulars remain (Fleck and Stokes). It's a completely different team. If we still had Jackson, Webster, Barton etc playing every game then we would have progressed from last season.

Bob Latchford

Dropping from top to 15th wouldn't be progress in my book but everyone's allowed an opinion.

In my opinion you can't really compare to last season as only 2 regulars remain (Fleck and Stokes). It's a completely different team. If we still had Jackson, Webster, Barton etc playing every game then we would have progressed from last season.

Finishing above bottom 6 is very much progress . compared to last season . the club is making progress fact !

lifeskyblue

Yes finishing top half is progress on last season BUT not finishing top 6 after the start we had, the squad we have got and some of the football we have played would be a truly disappointing end to the campaign.
We won't have the same team next year if we don't get promotion and the chances of us getting another arma are quite small.
We need Vincelot and fleck and the rest to roll their sleeves up and grind out a couple of 1-0 results. Time for pretty football is gone for now. Time for carrying a couple of fancy dan's is over for now. We need 11 grafters who win at whatever the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Latchford

Yes finishing top half is progress on last season BUT not finishing top 6 after the start we had, the squad we have got and some of the football we have played would be a truly disappointing end to the campaign.
We won't have the same team next year if we don't get promotion and the chances of us getting another arma are quite small.
We need Vincelot and fleck and the rest to roll their sleeves up and grind out a couple of 1-0 results. Time for pretty football is gone for now. Time for carrying a couple of fancy dan's is over for now. We need 11 grafters who win at whatever the cost

I agree ! nonetheless , progress is being made and , that was my point from the start . nothing more .

lifeskyblue

Yes start of the season my hopes were half way at best.
Mid December though I couldn't see anything other than autos because of the quality of play.
The progress might be there behind the scenes...TM and the management team and also Anderson (though I'm not convinced yet) but the second half of the season has gone backwards in terms of performances and results.

torchomatic

shy_tall_knight

IMO the off field situation is impacting on our perforances on the field. Uncertainty still exists, none of our rivals have our level of uncertainty. The way we have built the squad loans and short term contracts is definitely a symptom of SISU and ensures many of our players are unlikely to be part of the team should we get promoted. #the sale of Madders might represent good business but did send a message of desperation to our fans and the squad., why did we not wait until summer !!As for 15th being an improvement on last season, although FACTUALLY correct, will still represent a massive disappointment

SkyBlue_Bear83

Leyton Orient was nothing to do with losing there squad, on paper they actually strengthened and were relegated on there highest wage bill for many years after being taken over by a mad hatter Italian owner.

There problem was they had a mad Italian owner who threatened to sack the best manager they had in years in Slade, then Slade left for Cardiff and then a massive fuck up with manager appointments for the rest of the season. If I remember they promoted there assistant to begin with after Slade left and then he was sacked, then they appointed some Italian director of football who had never managed a team before and then he was sacked. And then they appointed another foreign manger who didnt speak a word of English and needed a translator alongside him at all times, ironically his translator was the Italian director of footballer who was manager before him. It was a complete fuck up from the owner which got Leyton Orient relegated.

stupot07

Fair enough CCFC, I'd presumed they had lost a load of players but it does go to show that finishing in the top 6 doesn't not always mean progressing.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Next season, if in league 1 we will probably have
Burge
RCC
Willis
Phillips
Martin
Lorentzon
Ricketts
Harries
Haynes
Stokes
Rose
Finch
C Thomas
Stevenson
Vincelot
Lameiras
G Thomas
Sambou

I'm thinking academy players like Sambou etc. will be squad players next year.

Likely to leave
Tudgay
Fortune
Cole
Fleck
O'Brien
Ramage
Hunt
Reda

Obviously that squad is weaker than the one we have this season with the loans included, but to see if we have actually made progress since Mowbray arrived you have to assess if the contrated players we have next season are better than the contracted players Pressley left us with.

Lets also wait to see what transfer business we do in the summer before deciding how shit we will be next season.

Chipfat

If you are wrong off the pitch you will never be right on it, we have no direction or aim, in fact we are a rudderless ship that is drifting to survive as a business with the football a secondary thought. The club will play word games and release stuff like we have one of the best academies in league football really fast showing a future while selling a young talent to fuel the ship to drift.

The players yesterday are to blame for the result but 9 who played have no future at the club and are going through the motions. Anderson said he was amazed TM was at the club last week stating one of the best in league football. Well ill be amazed if 1 TM doesn't know when smoke is being blown up his arse and 2 that he will hangs around to have the same situation next year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread