Which would you prefer ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Administration and 10 point reduction to get rid of SISU or:

Get to Play-Offs and Promotion but with SISU at the helm for the foreseeable future ?

Choice of two only, no alternatives.

kg82

Aye, promotion has to be priority. In fact, if it happened to the prem the year after the likelihood of SISU going then would be even greater as they'd probably make their money back.

coundonskyblue

Play-Offs and Promotion.

The only reason I want rid of Sisu is because I believe while they are here we will never do anything. If we can with them here then I wouldnt have a problem.

Paxman II

Owners are a mixed bag where ever you look. SISU have been accused of just about everything and most of it with justification.
However suggesting admin which is highly unlikely considering the structure is not a fair question if I may be so bold?

SISU need to go but be careful for who you wish for. At the moment we have every chance of promotion and if not this season certainly next year I would have thought? The difference for once has been obtaining a decent manager who appears to be good at it. That decision is one of the best they ahve made. many clubs fail not becuase of the owners but the managers who are ultimately responsible for players and the performances. We are in a league now where even with the tight strings of SISU we can compete. I hope we get up sooner rather than later, have another decent run in the Championship and SISU will look to let go a mildly resurgent football club, full of confidence and striding to succeed, merely needing some new investment to take to another level.
If that also means the Council/Higgs/ACL etc should make a deal on the Ricoh that suits these outcomes for not only our football club but for the City as a whole and its support then they should do so now. The upside to that will see SISU leave and recoup as much of their original investment as they can. I can't actually deny them that and Coventry will still have a football club.

wingy

Owners are a mixed bag where ever you look. SISU have been accused of just about everything and most of it with justification.
However suggesting admin which is highly unlikely considering the structure is not a fair question if I may be so bold?

SISU need to go but be careful for who you wish for. At the moment we have every chance of promotion and if not this season certainly next year I would have thought? The difference for once has been obtaining a decent manager who appears to be good at it. That decision is one of the best they ahve made. many clubs fail not becuase of the owners but the managers who are ultimately responsible for players and the performances. We are in a league now where even with the tight strings of SISU we can compete. I hope we get up sooner rather than later, have another decent run in the Championship and SISU will look to let go a mildly resurgent football club, full of confidence and striding to succeed, merely needing some new investment to take to another level.
If that also means the Council/Higgs/ACL etc should make a deal on the Ricoh that suits these outcomes for not only our football club but for the City as a whole and its support then they should do so now. The upside to that will see SISU leave and recoup as much of their original investment as they can. I can't actually deny them that and Coventry will still have a football club.

That really is a top post Paxman.

Astute

Go for admin and be successful like Pompey........

lordsummerisle

Love the logic of "Get rid of Sisu and get relegated so that new owners can(maybe) get us promoted" rather than taking the option of getting promoted with Sisu still here.

dongonzalos

Very very tough question.
We don't actually really know who our owners are.

They took over and said their aim is back into the prem and then buy the stadium. They seemed to have a go at that and failed.

The it was as if they ran out of money.
I assumed they did as they then decided to relegate us.
They either ran out of money or did it on purpose not sure which.

If it was on purpose they are switched on which is one bonus. However they are also ruthless nasty bastards and will no doubt screw us over at some point.

If they did not do it on purpose, they are still skint and won't be able to afford to keep us in the championship.

Really wish we knew who the investors are.

However without knowing at the moment I have to say stick with. Which is bizarre considering I despise them.

Everyday I expect them to do something to screw things up.

Grendel

i seem to remember the same questions with AT and look how that has turned out !!!!

Only from a rapidly diminishing minority -- including you.

sky blue john

Only from a rapidly diminishing minority -- including you.

i don't mind admitting i was wrong !!!
But i did vote for robins and that one is turning out ok. Sisu only got that right by default, we are so lucky ince turned the job down !!!

cloughie

Love it when some spout their ususal rubbish

how many centuries has this club existed

Thought someone said that the only option is for sisu to get us to the premiership.....................laughable

but some would now welcome a takeover :facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

Love it when some spout their ususal rubbish

how many centuries has this club existed

Thought someone said that the only option is for sisu to get us to the premiership.....................laughable

but some would now welcome a takeover :facepalm:

I think the only way for SISU to regain their losses is for us to be in the prem. if you think differently, fair enough, but what is the alternative?

How many centuries has the club existed? Well, it has existed from the 19th century to the 21st century, existed through 3 centuries. It was also a bit of a 'joke' because your man said decades for a manager so I extended it to centuries. Lighten up.

I have only defended SISU on certain issues, and to some people, they are the worst owners in football, which they're not, doesn't mean I'm happy with them overall, and if some idiot who is stupid enough to buy CCFC, must have money to throw around, so yes, I'd welcome a takeover from someone who has more money than sense, who wouldn't?

Take a look at this, clearly a guy who knew this would happen.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+Billionaire+pulls+out+of+interest+in+Sky+Blues.-a0172321023

cloughie

I think the only way for SISU to regain their losses is for us to be in the prem. if you think differently, fair enough, but what is the alternative?

How many centuries has the club existed? Well, it has existed from the 19th century to the 21st century, existed through 3 centuries. It was also a bit of a 'joke' because your man said decades for a manager so I extended it to centuries. Lighten up.

I have only defended SISU on certain issues, and to some people, they are the worst owners in football, which they're not, doesn't mean I'm happy with them overall, and if some idiot who is stupid enough to buy CCFC, must have money to throw around, so yes, I'd welcome a takeover from someone who has more money than sense, who wouldn't?

Take a look at this, clearly a guy who knew this would happen.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+Billionaire+pulls+out+of+interest+in+Sky+Blues.-a0172321023

The alternative is for sisu to crush acl which you advocate and get the stadium on the cheap, which will result in sisu selling the stadium at a big profit without any regard to the club or sell the club and rent the stadium to the club for a large fee of maybe £1.2 million to recoup their investment?

The club has existed for 126 years approx not 3 centuries but you would be the 1st to nitpick over facts and figures to justify yourself

but now strangely quiet in a glass house

dongonzalos

The alternative is for sisu to crush acl which you advocate and get the stadium on the cheap, which will result in sisu selling the stadium at a big profit without any regard to the club or sell the club and rent the stadium to the club for a large fee of maybe £1.2 million to recoup their investment?

The club has existed for 126 years approx not 3 centuries but you would be the 1st to nitpick over facts and figures to justify yourself

but now strangely quiet in a glass house

Your very feisty today like your namesake

Users who are viewing this thread