which teams are now considered a big draw for round 5 (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

Leicester
Man U
Man C
Spurs
Chelsea

and then in the next group (teams on a par with Stoke?)

southampton
brighton
wba
huddersfield
swansea

so if the top 5 teams can be in 1 half of the draw, Millwall or Rochdale at home will do me

Otis

Leicester
Man U
Man C
Spurs
CITY
Chelsea

and then in the next group (teams on a par with Stoke?)

southampton
brighton
wba
huddersfield
swansea

so if the top 5 teams can be in 1 half of the draw, Millwall or Rochdale at home will do me

There, slight alteration made. That's now just about spot on.

letsallsingtogether

Coventry best away support so potentially sell out for anyone who can sell out the home ends.

PUSB

slyblue57

Well be crap, but Man U or Spurs away, just for away fans allocation. Its all about money sadly ,
pusb
Been to every ground of the teams left in it.

Mcbean

Good comments by Motty today who was at the MK game yesterday - that the SkyBlues deserve a decent draw having beaten Stoke- one of the big teams will take a chance by knocking the side down - we will have a real chance as we want it more - i hope its at home

pastythegreat

don't want Chelsea away, they only let Newcastle have 3000 today. most of our lot wouldn't get a ticket
How's that? Thought FA Cup rules stated 15% of the attendance? Given the bridge is over 40k then Newcastle should of had close to 7k???

Edit** Just calculated it, and SB is 46,631. 15% of that is exactly 6994

Edit Edit*** Jest looked on the FA website and it says "up to" 15% subject to safely advisory. So teams can basically make it up as they go along!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Manure away for me the misses has never been to Old Trafford so would make a long weekend of it

speedie87

Newcastle only wanted that many tickets. Like baggies last night only took 1800 as turned down 8000 as said wouldn’t sell them.

D

Deleted member 2477

Looking at the incester forum a lot of their fans really up for a draw with us at their place but dont fancy an away draw at the ricoh due to our pitch

scubasteve

Teams sometimes turn down the full allocation as the club is liable if they don't sell them. I think something simular was said about us vs arsenal a few years back. We took the extra allocation in the upper tier but due to sorting segregation you cant just take a extra 1000 tickets it's nothing or say 5000 more but what you don't sell the club has to cover the cost of all the tickets.
So newcastle at chelsea for example the first allocation maybe 3000 but chelsea would have said if you want more its 7000 for the full end. you sell them or pay the differance, as chelsea know they could probably still sell them to their own fans.

pusbccfc

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before but the FA Cup rules state that the semi finals and final must be played at a neutral venue so if Spurs are still in it by that stage, how can they be allowed to have an unfair home advantage?

Because each side will have their equal allocation.

covcity4life

I wonder if we did get a rochdale ot similar at home and won would people start dreaming of a miracle if we are final 8? Or would it still be a case of better we go out soon with a big money tie?

Not judging just curious at what point different people start to dream

Otis

I would say there is no way we could make the final unless we had a very, very lucky path through against the 'lesser' sides left.

Absolutely unheard of in the modern game, that of a 4th tier team in an FA Cup Final.

Just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Going to come to an end at some point, but let's just enjoy it while we can.

skybluesam66

as soon as we face a premier league team who are up for it, we are out
We have done amazing so far, but we have league 2 players on £1k a week versus premier league players earning up to 300 times more than that

pastythegreat

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before but the FA Cup rules state that the semi finals and final must be played at a neutral venue so if Spurs are still in it by that stage, how can they be allowed to have an unfair home advantage?
It's alright, we have a 100% record against Tottenham at Wembley so we'll win. It's written in the stars!

pastythegreat

We have done amazing so far, but we have league 2 players on £1k a week versus premier league players earning up to 300 times more than that
Not even prem teams, I think teams like Sheff Utd or Wigan etc would finish us off with ease. And this is where it's tricky, do you hope for a Glamour tie and get knocked out or hope for a winnable game? Much easier to take getting knocked out by Man City than it will to be knocked out by Notts County say! But on the flip side we have much more chance of progressing against a Notts or Newport.

superskyblue

I wonder if we did get a rochdale ot similar at home and won would people start dreaming of a miracle if we are final 8? Or would it still be a case of better we go out soon with a big money tie?

Not judging just curious at what point different people start to dream

You're one game away from Wembley semi at that point so surely you'd want to the easiest possible draw to get to Wembley.

lifeskyblue

Big tie. Great support. Knocked out without being humiliated. Concentrate on league. Get auto promotion.
Same again next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Maybe if we play a Premier side and they are coked up, half cut and have had sleep deprivation for 3 days without food or water we might get away with a 2-0 defeat.

Brighton Sky Blue

We will come up against far superior and motivated opposition eventually so I'd be greedy and want the easiest draws until that happens. More prize money, more publicity and hopefully bigger crowds.

Bradford's League Cup run a few years ago, Chesterfield making the semis etc. It's improbable, but it's possible.

mds

Easiest tie on paper the better as there are no easy games at this stage of the cup. Id be worried that we draw a big club get hammered by a few to nil which kicks the shit out of the team and destroys all confidence in turn ruining the rest of our season.

Nick

Administrator
Easiest tie on paper the better as there are no easy games at this stage of the cup. Id be worried that we draw a big club get hammered by a few to nil which kicks the shit out of the team and destroys all confidence in turn ruining the rest of our season.

Scrap the paper, we got beaten by Forest Green Rovers and hammered by Morecambe but beat Stoke and MK Dons.

jordan210

Would happily take one of the big boys at home.

With how bad our pitch is they won't be able to play pretty football. So we could add another scalp to the pile

mds

Scrap the paper, we got beaten by Forest Green Rovers and hammered by Morecambe but beat Stoke and MK Dons.
But the likelyhood of us receiving a hammering off Man City\Utd or Spurs is high, would rather avoid that for the sake of confidence and promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread