Which goal made you go the most mental? (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

The next goal we score, the last goal we scored.
Gynn V Stoke 5th round in 87 sticks out as a bit of a man wee.

Last edited:

richnrg

Micky Gynn eqauliser v Leeds in Fa Cup semi 1987
Terry Gibson's hattrick goal v Liverpool 1983
Just about all of Houchens goals, as he only scored a few but they were nearly all 'massive'
Gary Thompson winning goal 1981 League Cup semi final.

Esoterica

Steve Livingstone's winner vs Forest in the 5-4 league cup win after blowing a 4-0 lead, 1990.
Soltvedts deflected winner in 1999 against Charlton after we'd gone 1-0 down and Aloisi had got sent off for slapping Danny Mills.

oucho

Nouble at the Ricoh return game v Gillingham, Friday night game in 2014. Electric atmosphere and the early goals ahd the place rocking.

Shame there have not been many games like that i.e. huge crowd, good result, good feeling, cracking atmosphere. We need more days like that.

colin101

Boxing Day 1977 at Villa Park when Ian Wallace equalised. Also at Villa Park in the Holte End in 1998 sitting on my hands when Moldovan scored,

fernandopartridge

Good points Fernando and well taken. Just looked up that actual game again - we were 1-0 down and then scored 3 goals away at Leeds (who were a big deal at the time) within 10 first half minutes. That's why I went mental. And Huckerby was sensational. I guess my feeling at the time was that given the players we had on the pitch: Whelan, Hucks, Dublin, McAllister was that this was the launchpad to future success. With the right manager and with the budget that we had back then - it should have been so much more.
Agreed mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JWC

Kevin Kyle winner last minute away to QPR
George Thomas at Wembley
Also that Moussa wonder strike last minute away to Preston a few years back

Kevin Kyle's against QPR was up there for me too. I was there on my own and ended up hugging the guy next to me for a bit too long. Was very awkward for the next few minutes.

I also remember going over the seat in front when David Bell scored against Palace away around a similar time. Think it was more down to whoever was behind me though tbh.

bezzer

Houchen in the cup Final.

Houchen, 4th round FA Cup. Scrappist goal ever, but it was right in front us City fans.

Big C getting the winner against Spurs in the 4-3 win in 1986.

clint van damme

Wasn't there but when Ian Painter missed the pen v Stoke remember going mental listening on the radio at home.

not sure who missed but it was 1-0 to us at the time, Friday night game. I was listening on the radio as well. I went mad enough at home. Had mates at the game, said it was carnage.

Mcbean

Mickey Quin Hatrick Arsenal - - i laughed when i saw this thread as i just about go mental at any goal - first goal at Wembley in checkatrade final

Covstu

so many and nice reminders on here!! Not in any order

1) Gazza - England v Scotland in 96
2) Froggatt - Everton
3) Willo v Spurs (last game of the season 98)
4) Huckerby v Man Utd
5) Preston winner in JPT

AFCCOVENTRY

Darius Henderson's goal against Peterborough where he ghosted past the defenders, like an angel and chipped the ball over the keeper.

ccfcway

dunno why, but the Clinton morrison goal at Hillsborough.

We weren't in the game at all and he popped up with a header out of nowhere. the ultimate smash and grab

covcity4life

a few come to mind

robbie keane vs arsenal in 3-2 win
james bailey in last min vs oldham 2-1 win
leon clarke winner vs preston in jpt
huckerby vs man u 3-2
dublin sneak goal vs newcastle
JOB vs crewe-4-2
armstrong winner vs pboro 3-2

prob loads more

and not a goal but mental moment was westwood saving injury time pen vs wolves in 2-1 win

SkyBlueScottie

JPT v Preston, just for the fact it was a last minute equaliser, and then last minute winner. Checkatrade Final, both goals... Cup Final I was 8 years old and collapsed in floods of tears for both Houchens and McGraths.

Villa away, Moldovan and then the win in the league the following year. Ndlovu v Wimbledon at Selhurst Park. Dublin overhead kick at Goodison.

JulianDarbyFTW

Moldovan at Villa was brilliant as we'd missed a few chances and felt like the same old story
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've told this tale before, but I was at the match with about 10 mates, most of who were Villa fans, and we all sat in the Villa end (can't remember which stand, but the goal was scored to our right). When Moldovan scored, me and one of the other City fans stood up and cheered, and the stewards had to come and protect us from our so-called friends who decided they wanted to kick our heads in. Made me realise how much fun football can be, and luckily all was good in the pub afterwards. I never went to a match with them again though!

Sky Blue Pete

Away to Everton no idea what year. Ndlovu ran the length of the pitch to equalise just before half time. Ended up sky blue army chant for the whole of half time. Home fans thought we were nuts!!!

M&B Stand

I've told this tale before, but I was at the match with about 10 mates, most of who were Villa fans, and we all sat in the Villa end (can't remember which stand, but the goal was scored to our right). When Moldovan scored, me and one of the other City fans stood up and cheered, and the stewards had to come and protect us from our so-called friends who decided they wanted to kick our heads in. Made me realise how much fun football can be, and luckily all was good in the pub afterwards. I never went to a match with them again though!

I was in the stand along the side home end, next block to the city fans. Loads of Cov in there and chaos after we scored. I ended up out the ground and just walked back into the city end.

SkyBlueRuffian

For me it was Boxing Day, Elland Road, Huckerby scoring the third (he terrorised the Leeds defence all afternoon) after we were one-nil down.

I ended up hugging a complete stranger and dancing in the aisles. Both very unusual events for me.

The future looked very bright for us at that time.
Moldovan against Villa in the cup, Mental!!!!!

eastwoodsdustman

I was in the stand along the side home end, next block to the city fans. Loads of Cov in there and chaos after we scored. I ended up out the ground and just walked back into the city end.

I was towards Villa end in the stand and at half time moved up by the city fans. I think there was about 10 or 15 of us all together. Coppers let us climb into City end to get out as we were getting some serious stick at the end.
I'd gone to the pub and got hammered beforehand in case I got a kicking knowing I'd be in the Villa end.

Calista

Killers goal against Luton when we had to win the last 3 to stay up.
Went mental and when I started to calm down I was in the 18 yard box. Can't even remember going over the fence.
Wasn't at the previous game away to Stoke but by all accounts when Oggy saved the penalty it was off the scale madness.
Ah yes, the radio commentary went something like "and he scores, in off the bar, no it's been saved, yes it's a goal, no it didn't cross the line" I was in a heap on the floor.

CovBurty

Deffo Thomo against West Ham 81. What a night.
Benno's Wembley equalizing goal v Spurs, when they scored so early i thought we might get tanked. Benno eased my worries by scoring City's first goal at Wembley. Then Houchen and then the Mabbut winner. 3 City orgasms in one game. The best.

Calista

Plenty of good shouts, and I could "like" a lot of them. But for me it can only be Gynn's equaliser at Hillsborough in the semi. In that huge terraced end it sounded like an atomic bomb had gone off.

Users who are viewing this thread