Which goal made you go the most mental? (2 Viewers)

Adge

Great thread! So many goals spring to mind, Neddy at HR v Villa (guy in the kop stood on a crush barrier whilst celebrating, anyone on here?!). Neddy v W Brom in the Cup, really miss the terraces it has to be said. Also all 3 goals at Anfield in the Cup game, Derby goals in the last game at HR, the list goes on. Bit too young to make Hillsborough in '87, the celebrations after the Micky Gynn goal look mental and like others have said on here, must have been something else!
Yes that Gynn goal was a relief and was at that game as a young 13 year old with a few mates. Surprised no one has mentioned Cyrille on that day-had a good game but missed chance after chance. I remember one was on the six yard line and he spooned it over.

SkyBlueSoul

For some reason just remembered another random one. League Cup v Newcastle in 2008 at home. They were premier league at the time, had Owen on the bench and a starting 11 including Given, Milner, Coloccini, Butt, Gutierrez and Geremi! Absolutely battered us but we threw ourselves in front of basically everything.

2-1 down going into injury time when Gunnarsson launches one of those long throws into the box and Dann powers a header into the bottom corner to take it to extra time, cue pandemonium! Owen turned back the years in extra time and beat the offside trap to dink it over Marshall for 3-2. One of the best cup ties I've seen at the Ricoh, being 2-0 down to bring it back to 2-2 v premier league opposition and eventually lose to a great goal. I remember not even being that gutted as we left, knew it was a fair result and it had been a cracking game

Joy Division

Juan Sara's 90th minute equaliser for us away at Forest in 2003(?). Totally undeserved which made it all the sweeter.

Manchester_sky_blue

City vs Blackburn at Ewood Park in the FA Cup back in 2008. We were already 2-0 up after goals from Mifsud and Elliot Ward when Dele Adebola literally strolled the length of the pitch and slotted in in the net cool as you like. Best goal i've ever seen from any City player for the sheer arrogance of it.

David Bentley got one back for them before Mifsud made it 4 late on. That whole day was just a brilliant atmosphere. I was stood next to an Irish Sky Blue fan who had made the trek across the water for the first time in years and was absolutely beside himself the entire game. Every single fan was in top voice all day, there was no trouble, the beer was flowing and cheap. My mate and i got home just in time to see ourselves going mental at said goal on MOTD.

The Great Eastern

Great thread! So many goals spring to mind, Neddy at HR v Villa (guy in the kop stood on a crush barrier whilst celebrating, anyone on here?!). Neddy v W Brom in the Cup, really miss the terraces it has to be said. Also all 3 goals at Anfield in the Cup game, Derby goals in the last game at HR, the list goes on. Bit too young to make Hillsborough in '87, the celebrations after the Micky Gynn goal look mental and like others have said on here, must have been something else!
I was at the back of the Kop that game and it went utterly mental when Gynn equalised. Bloke near me lost his glasses and they got smashed to bits by all the people around him. It was right then that I hoped the structural engineers had got their sums right as the concrete spans, that formed the floor, were moving all over the place with everybody bouncing up and down....scarey !!

SkyBlueSoul

City vs Blackburn at Ewood Park in the FA Cup back in 2008. We were already 2-0 up after goals from Mifsud and Elliot Ward when Dele Adebola literally strolled the length of the pitch and slotted in in the net cool as you like. Best goal i've ever seen from any City player for the sheer arrogance of it.

David Bentley got one back for them before Mifsud made it 4 late on. That whole day was just a brilliant atmosphere. I was stood next to an Irish Sky Blue fan who had made the trek across the water for the first time in years and was absolutely beside himself the entire game. Every single fan was in top voice all day, there was no trouble, the beer was flowing and cheap. My mate and i got home just in time to see ourselves going mental at said goal on MOTD.

Cracking game, especially as half my family’s from Blackburn and were in the home end. My mate was stood next to someone who had us to win 3-1 for a couple hundred quid’s return. Never seen anyone so torn between ecstasy and devastation when the 4th went in!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Only one goal stands out for me. My user name says it all! :emoji_shamrock:

Users who are viewing this thread