Where were you in 1987 ? (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

With tomorrow's game fast approaching it got me thinking, where we you the day of the 87 cup final ? How many of you were lucky enough to go ?

For me, I was 1 year old ! My old man and my Uncle were both there, my dad started taking me when I was 5 so I narrowly missed it by a couple of years !

So how old we're you when we played Spurs in 87 and what were you up to on the day ?

Looking forward to tomorrow folks

PUSB

Covfather

Wem-ber-ly ..Wem-ber-ly i wasnt pissed up but i saw city lift the cup..

Was 11 at at the game next to royal box.

SkyblueBazza

I know we won because I was there...just to the left of the goals so got a great view of Allen & Houchen's headed goals & had a wonderful day out :)
Happy memories

Snozzer

I was there, 12 years old. The greatest (non family moment) day of my life. The like of it will never be seen again.

Pubboy

I was 17, with my Dad and friend, and all pissed up. Went down to Wembley on the train. Best day ever, from hiding 8 beers down our shirts in front of a smiling copper to get on the train, to arriving to the pub with a sea of sky blue outside, to the game itself, the return journey, and party when back in Coventry. Best day ever, and still recall most of it !!!
(charity shield - dont even remember the game thankfully!)

Astute

I was there, 12 years old. The greatest (non family moment) day of my life. The like of it will never be seen again.

Wassup with you? Got 7 kids. Still the best day of my life. You can always have family events. Cov winning something worthwhile happens once every over 100 years

davebow87

I was 24. Went to every round and was lucky enough to have a ticker for the final. It cost £6 and I still have the stub. Amazing day from start to finish. Arrived at Wembley at 8.45 am and there were cov fans already there ahead of us! Was at the front of the upper tier terrace and had a great view. Incredible atmosphere and a wonderful party when we got back. My daughter was born a few weeks later and I named her Lloyd. (not really!)

ashbyjan

South Stand, Entrance 43 Row 1 Seat 11 - great day, great memories. I have a lot of admiration for the youngsters who support the club who have nothing comparable to cling too, at least I have had this incredible day to look back on.

lordsummerisle

I was 19 and there, luckily got a free ticket as the newsagents I was working at sold Sky Blue Lottery tickets at the time, and the rep got me a ticket.

Drunk for quite sometime before and after.

devonrich

Went to most of cup run but being 14 couldnt afford season ticket, unlike my big bruv, so watched the game in my home town in devon, celebrating with a huge sky blue union jack hung from my mates mums hotel balcony. Magic days. Magaic

valiant15

I was a 14 year old at wembley with my dad behind the goal. I found 20 quid on the floor outside a pub before the game,the greyhound i believe. I never got a penny of that 20 quid:-(

Tonylinc

Lived in Yeovil at the time but I was there, together with my wife. What a day!!!!! We reckon that our son was conceived the night before (too much information I know). His name......what else David LLoyd Keith.

ccfchandsy

I was six and can remember my dad pulling the sofa round in front of the tele and it being a really good family day surprisingly enough I was playing in Cov youth team a few years later

lordsummerisle

Lived in Yeovil at the time but I was there, together with my wife. What a day!!!!! We reckon that our son was conceived the night before (too much information I know). His name......what else David LLoyd Keith.

Is he named after the fathers then?? ;)

Ronfarmer

I was living in France. I flew back to see the final on TV. On the Friday evening, my friend Pete phoned up to say that he had been given spare tickets by someone he knew in the Oxford FA. So off I went on the Saturday morning.

It turned out that Pete had been given four tickets so we had two spare. We looked around for City supporters without tickets. There were loads and some of them were offering huge prices for tickets. We chose a couple of students. When they discovered that Pete wanted no money for the tickets, they burst into tears.

Good guy, Peter Coggins.

Real

I was 12. I went in a minibus which had been decorated in all the City paraphernalia, we had two huge speakers playing Go For It City constantly. It broke down on the way, frantic calls were made to get another minibus to pick us up from the services. Some of the lads hitched from the services. We got to Wembley about 13.30. I was stood behind the goal Houchen scored. I managed to pat Jimmy Greaves head as he rushed past the City supporters before the game. Fantastic day, my only regret is that at 12 years of age I was just a bit too young to fully appreciate what we had achieved.

I was there aged 16 years with my dad and brother. Got there at 9 in morning in the car and parked 50 yards from the stadium in wembley stadium car park for £5. Don't suppose you can park that close now unless you've mega bucks. Came out to find our car aerial had been snapped off. A disgruntled spurs fan I presume. On the following Monday I had my english O Level exam and Question One was " Describe a sporting event you have been to recently....." Easiest exam I've ever taken.

Scho

Was there with my dad after standing in the que at Highfield rd overnight to get my tickets. What a great night out that was, superb atmosphere. Our coach broke down at Scratchwood services and the coach driver said they couldn't get a replacement coach down in time so we had to hitch it the final part. Got there in plenty of time to enjoy the best football day of my life. Coming back through Cov on the way back was something else too. Thousands of people lining the streets cheering is back. A day I will never forget.

torchomatic

I went down by train with two mates. I was the only one to have a ticket. They watched it in a bookies! I was behind the goal that Houchen scored way up to the right. I remember the steps of the terracing being really big. I remember the atmosphere being brilliant before hand and then the sinking feeling when Allen scored - I thought they'd get ten.

usskyblue

Wembley. I was 20.

Stood in line with Benno when he crossed the ball for Houchen's goal.....for a split second I wondered 'who the feck's that too?'

torchomatic

Dean, do you remember that they had that fete thing at Ryton with the squad milling about, etc. You could have you photo taken with the Cup and I did with me Dad, I have the photo somewhere, I'll dig it out.

deanocity3

Dean, do you remember that they had that fete thing at Ryton with the squad milling about, etc. You could have you photo taken with the Cup and I did with me Dad, I have the photo somewhere, I'll dig it out.

Yes I do,we had just signed speedie,all the playeers were there and it pissed it down.I scored in a penalty competition passed Dean Kiely who was youth keeper 1987-89

Users who are viewing this thread