Where were you in 1987 ? (1 Viewer)

Chinny_Hill

I was there too. Never thought I'd see anything like that as a CCFC fan. Amazing not just for the fans, but what it did for the whole City.

Black6Osprey

I was also there and had just had my 17th birthday. Didn't go to the charity shield though and looking back and haven't a clue why.

Sky Blues

I was 6. My mum and dad had the game on, but I'd got this long orange trumpet I'd been given. I wanted to play with it but was told to shush while the game was on.

I sat patiently while they watched some stupid thing on the tv, I knew it had something to do with Coventry, but that didn't compare to my trumpet.

Suddenly they seemed very happy and I was allowed to blow the trumpet, although they suggested I go to the bottom of the front garden to blow it. I proudly paraded up and down blowing this thing to my hearts content. But people walking past kept making comments about me celebrating something. I didn't really understand but didn't care, this trumpet was ace.

So the first Vuvuzela was blown in Coventry, not South Africa?! :guitar2: :laugh:

W

westcountry_skyblue

I was 18 and yes slept overnight at highfield road for my ticket,Stood right at the back of the city end amazing day and was in shock coming out of wembley.
Only bad thing was people pissing down the steps as we were so high up and getting stuck on the train by rugby and running from wembley central to the stadium just in time for abide with me!!!

Tank Top

Was there with my Dad and Brother, who incidently "Don't weigh much"Dad was nearly 70 and He'd waited all his life to see City at wembley, this was his last chance, there was not a dry eye between us at the final whistle, a great day out and a great season of cup games, Sadly Dad is no longer with us, but i'm sure he's taken the memory of that game with him.
Tankie..

Samo

I was there but hangin like a bastard! Stayed in a London hotel the night before, met an Arsenal fan in the bar and he would not stop buyin us drinks! Wankered! Made it to the game though, many many happy memories, I cried like a schoolgirl! :D

ICHAN

19, never missed a game that season, best away day all season as well, can't remember much about the game to be honest, remember Allen scoring and thinking shit, we've got to Wembley at last and were going to get stuffed, how wrong was I what an incredible game, journey home, the closer you got back to COV the more people were on bridges across the motorway celebrating and cheering the fans coming back to Cov, and then just party time back in the pubs in Longford, fucking gloryboys in the pub wanting to party with us all when we got back ;):whistle:

corky

Living in london,couldn't get a ticket around Wembley that morning, fantastic Sky Blue support all over the place.Watched the match in The Finsbury Park Tavern down the road from Tottenham only Cov supporter in the bar ,what a day remember it like it was yesterday.PUSB:p

Moff

Was 16 and went to every game of the run, and apart from the final my favourite game was the 3-1 win at Sheffield Wednesday.

The final was an unbelievable day, down at Wembley by 8.30am and just soaked it all up, it was amazing. Level with the Houchen for his diving header, but opposite the Royal Box so Killer looked about the size of a gnat when he lifted the cup...it was just an incredible day.

The homecoming was immense as well to see all the Coventrians and the people of Warwickshire lining the roads, streets and bridges to welcome everyone home after the win was something I will never forget.

PS) Torch, I am still laughing at your grin in the photo of you with the cup. A classic :D

bamalamafizzfazz

I was four years old and on holiday in Spain. My parents not into football at all asked a waiter if he knew the score. Apparently he disappeared and then came back and said "Coventry 3 others 2!" :)

Users who are viewing this thread