When is a takeover, not a takeover (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

SISU will want money before they leave. How much would the Trust be able to offer?

I can't see that a fan run consortium taking over here will be of any benefit. All I can see would be SISU being out the way. There'd be less investment than there Is now (where would the money come from?). Same for wages. How would these be paid, something which SISU have always done.
The thing is sisu will be out of the way, there's little or no investment now so I wouldn't worry about that, I think initially gates will go up
significantly initially once sisu have gone

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think you'd see a marked increase on the gate for starters, and I'm sure there are plenty of businessmen out there just waiting for SISU to "Do one"

I I agine the first game after SISU depart, whoever takes over, we'll see a near on sell out. But for how long? One or two games I suspect.

As for businessmen waiting out there, why are they waiting? Why not act now? Atleast if they did it'd give the CET a chance for another 'sisu snub offer' article again ;)

What's to say someone doesn't pick us up, either direct from SISU, or on the cheap (let's say worst case scenario through liquidation) we won't be in the same position under new owners?

eedyut

The Swansea documentary Jack to a King is a must watch. Sure, there's something about stars aligning and what not, but it shows with the right approach and encouraging the right kind of people, it is possible for fans to reanimate their club.

Nefarious owners aside, the fact that our fans have been shown no genuine respect or support from their Councillors and mainstream local media, at crucial periods in the past, makes our current scenario pretty desperate and of course, different to Swansea's. But as far as fan ownership goes, surely that's the benchmark.

chiefdave

How are the trust going to raise the millions required to buy SISU out? Suspect if they had accompanied the letter with proof of funds the response would have been very different.

They often mention Portsmouth but their fans raised £2m, had a 7 figure council loan and were purchasing out of administration. Even then the fans only have a minority shareholding, or at least their trust do, the fans who paid £1K a shot for 'shares' can't sell them or do anything with them, they have essentially made donations. If our trust sold shares at £1K a pop we'd have to sell about 30K of them and that would only get us to day one, how would the ongoing losses then be funded?

I'm certain, if the trust presented a viable plan for fan ownership they would have huge backing from pretty much anyone. If they have that plan then shouldn't it be shared with the membership?

oldfiver

The best thing that the Trust can do is put a figure out there. The whole saying the club isn't for sale, ring fencing it with dept etc is very deliberate to deter an offer IMO. How can you play the victim when someone is offering you a way out? Clearly playing the victim is key here, possibly as part of a compensation plea should they win a JR.

The first thing I expect to be asked for when involved in any purchase or sale is "proof of funds"
If I do not see them I do not go any further as it seems more a fishing exercise
So where are the "funds" ? Not just to purchase but operate the football club and invest?
Also the SBT say they have been organising this for two years - I am a member of the SBT so why have I not seen anything of this before or even the proposal now? When will we see the full proposal - before people act in my name I would like to see what they are saying on my behalf

oldfiver

This is just a thought nothing more... What if the reason SISU say "Not for sale" is they're waiting for Ryton to be sold then might listen to offers. Don't forget Ryton is reputed to be worth £8m isn't it?

Well the starting price would have to be more than £8million then if buying the company !

Nick

Administrator
The first thing I expect to be asked for when involved in any purchase or sale is "proof of funds"
If I do not see them I do not go any further as it seems more a fishing exercise
So where are the "funds" ? Not just to purchase but operate the football club and invest?
Also the SBT say they have been organising this for two years - I am a member of the SBT so why have I not seen anything of this before or even the proposal now? When will we see the full proposal - before people act in my name I would like to see what they are saying on my behalf

That's the thing, it may be way off but it looks like a fishing exercise. The fact it is straight to the telegraph to get it over the media shows that a bit.

Who knows what the plan is they are putting forward?

fernandopartridge

Pete the caller on the phone in has said the business model must be about investment beyond what the club earns. Does the Trust Aldi espouse this view?

oldfiver

If SISU can make a guaranteed £8m then they will. Then it might be "Barter time".

Well you quoted £8m for the land alone - so sell the club or the land they would still expect to get that wouldnt they?
But the SBT have nothing to "Barter" with - unless you know something we don't

Nick

Administrator
I think the Trust is shopping in Aldi ! ( predictive text ! :-( )
There appears to be no sensible proposal -in the CT or on the SBT website to its members

Yes, but there has been a headline article in the telegraph making fans think that the trust have bid for the club...

oldfiver

Yes, but there has been a headline article in the telegraph making fans think that the trust have bid for the club...

But then:
Any deal would have required funds to have been raised through the issue of community shares and no offer to purchase the club was made

So they have no money nor confirmed investors but they expect to be listened to?

martcov

No. I thought I saw it expressly said 'there has been no bid' in the report.

They wanted preliminary talks to test the water. Maybe they would bid if they had an idea what Joy wanted.

Sky Blue Kid

But then:
Any deal would have required funds to have been raised through the issue of community shares and no offer to purchase the club was made

So they have no money nor confirmed investors but they expect to be listened to?

Do you know something we all don't? You don't know if the trust have got investors behind them, just as much as you don't know if there is funds made available either!

Nick

Administrator
No. I thought I saw it expressly said 'there has been no bid' in the report.

They wanted preliminary talks to test the water. Maybe they would bid if they had an idea what Joy wanted.

Yes, how many people will look past it? I can guarantee some people will take that as there has been a takeover bid.

The same as people believed Kevin Keegan was linked.

skybluetony176

Sounds like you just described the very reasons that we don't own the Ricoh or any share of it. Did Higgs ever see proof of funds? No. I'm sure you'll forgive them for eventually selling to someone else then? Thought not.

oldfiver

No it does not! It states the trust has asked and been rebuffed if SISU would discuss selling the Club.

So did the "takeover" expect be the result of a gift?

Also the CT call is for SISU to "sell" the club

The reason there is no "bid" is the SBT has no real plan and above all no funds to make a bid

oldfiver

Sounds like you just described the very reasons that we don't own the Ricoh or any share of it. Did Higgs ever see proof of funds? No. I'm sure you'll forgive them for eventually selling to someone else then? Thought not.

Did WASPs produce proof of funds to buy the other half owned by the Council?

martcov

So did the "takeover" expect be the result of a gift?

Also the CT call is for SISU to "sell" the club

The reason there is no "bid" is the SBT has no real plan and above all no funds to make a bid

Fishing exercise... this whole thing is to flush her out... we/ they want a figure - any figure - which would mean she wants to sell. Then perhaps someone who wants to buy will come out of the woodwork... she is cute enough to see this and repeats not for sale... she is waiting for a sensible bid...

Sky Blue Kid

OK offer a quid - so where does the remainder ongoing investment come from?

An approach to discuss a possible fan-led takeover has been turned down by the London hedge fund
No bid there as I can see, unless you do? and I'll repeat once again How do you know there isn't any backing for the trust from some investors?

Nick

Administrator
Fishing exercise... this whole thing is to flush her out... we/ they want a figure - any figure - which would mean she wants to sell. Then perhaps someone who wants to buy will come out of the woodwork... she is cute enough to see this and repeats not for sale... she is waiting for a sensible bid...

So if it was just a fishing exercise why would she bother?

oldfiver

Do you know something we all don't? You don't know if the trust have got investors behind them, just as much as you don't know if there is funds made available either!

What I do know is that there is no coherent and supported proposal on the table
If Hoffman and Haskell came backwith similar statements they would be laughed at

Sky Blue Harry H

Blimey lads, we're all going stir crazy on here - all I want is a cunning plan to shift things along (SISU,preferably). Just glad rent agreement finishes when it does, because at least something has to happen before then.to give us some kind of clue what is next in the saga.

Users who are viewing this thread