When is a takeover, not a takeover (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

This is just a thought nothing more... What if the reason SISU say "Not for sale" is they're waiting for Ryton to be sold then might listen to offers. Don't forget Ryton is reputed to be worth £8m isn't it?

Liquid Gold

But you just love the sharks we have at the moment says it all really
Yes. I love sisu. I keep knitting them jumpers because I want them to be safe.

I said I don't want you lunatics and you take that as me loving sisu. Get a grip man. Precisely the reason I don't want any old person running the club.

I want a proper footballing businessman. If they are a fan then even better. I don't want Clive from earlsdon who drinks 10 pints a day, is casually racist and will offer people out for fights in the board room.

eastwoodsdustman

Isn't that why we have things like Committees, MP's and Boards. To make those decisions. We vote who we want to govern don't we?

Yes it is, But we have a few thousand who pay their money (£20) so will have 'their say' on a saturday. If they're paying £50-£100 they'll be climbing the walls if something happens that they don't like or agree with. The way our support is, It'd need a massive change in outlook by many people for this type of thing to work.

Nick

Administrator
Yes it is, But we have a few thousand who pay their money (£20) so will have 'their say' on a saturday. If they're paying £50-£100 they'll be climbing the walls if something happens that they don't like or agree with. The way our support is, It'd need a massive change in outlook by many people for this type of thing to work.
£50 - £100, I think we would be talking thousands.

You are right though, people would need to get a grip with their expecations. If the fans took over it would have to be break even, so they would need to understand that the club can only spend what it earns. If we earn less, then the costs would need to be cut. Simple as that.

Nick

Administrator
Also, the way this will be spun is that "SISU turned an offer down from the fans" or something like that. Guaranteed people will be talking about a fans takeover and stuff like that.

Sisu don't want to sell at the moment, but its highly likely they will want to sell at some point. If we want to be a club where the fans have a stake then the Trust need to make sure they are in a position to make it happen, they need to make sure all the right structures are in place. Hopefully getting external professional advice can help them get those right structures.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

raw
Glad you appreciate it it was heartfelt

robbiethemole

didn't we have a club where fans had a stake and a say before SISU came and demanded all the shares or we would be in the shit?

were we going into admin or being liquidated at the time. I can't remember which is was !!! old age really is a bugger

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Tense negotiations are ongoing for a new player. 'Hang on a minute. Baz from Holbrooks doesn't think we should sign a new striker. Pete in Tile hill agrees with him so we'll go for a midfielder instead'.
Just think about it for a minute. It would need one person to take charge and oversee it. Could you imagine the shitfest they'd get because someone had put their £50 in and wanted their say on something?
So that's how it works is it? I'm a shareholder in various companies do I have that much say? Must rock up to Severn Trent on Monday after all they must be doing something I don't agree with and put a stop to it.
Did the shareholders that gave their shares to SISU prior to heir arrival have individual power over how the club was run. Must add them to the ever growing list of people to blame

clint van damme

The reply from SISU was "Short Shrift" in saying CCFC is not for sale.... What have SISU got to hide? what would be said if at the meeting they were offered for arguments sake, £30m. would it still be "Not for sale" Why do they want to hold onto CCFC? There's no logical answer to their "Not for sale" unless CCFC are worth more to them. Something doesn't ring true. What do you guys think?
I think you've got a point, but I can't for the life of me think why they wouldn't want to listen to offers.
Unless they've got a figure and they were convinced there's no way a fan buy out could get near it.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I said I don't want you lunatics and you take that as me loving sisu. Get a grip man. Precisely the reason I don't want any old person running the club.

I want a proper footballing businessman. If they are a fan then even better. I don't want Clive from earlsdon who drinks 10 pints a day, is casually racist and will offer people out for fights in the board room.
Do you really thing that by trying to arrange to buy the club that they would want to run it?
So you would want SISU to carry on running it as they are at present rather than fans putting money in to save it .
Bringing up piss heads etc as the people that would run it and you want me to get a grip.

ccfcway

any worthwhile owners would say "the club isn't for sale, but we will meet them, as naturally we are keen to understand why our customers feel a need to want to take over the club"

I think you've got a point, but I can't for the life of me think why they wouldn't want to listen to offers.
Unless they've got a figure and they were convinced there's no way a fan buy out could get near it.

They seem to be holding out for something, maybe the outcome of the Judicial reviews?? Seeing if they can get planning permission attached to the land at ryton to increase its value? Seem to be banking on some sort of return from these things, but hopefully once these have a final outcome then they'll sell up.

Liquid Gold

Do you really thing that by trying to arrange to buy the club that they would want to run it?
So you would want SISU to carry on running it as they are at present rather than fans putting money in to save it .
Bringing up piss heads etc as the people that would run it and you want me to get a grip.
What you're doing is taking one stament I made and equaling that to another statement you've invented. No half wit fans doesn't equal sisu forever. Getting it yet Susan?

clint van damme

They seem to be holding out for something, maybe the outcome of the Judicial reviews?? Seeing if they can get planning permission attached to the land at ryton to increase its value? Seem to be banking on some sort of return from these things, but hopefully once these have a final outcome then they'll sell up.
Surely if they got the right offer though it would be within their interest to take it rather than hold out for a result in the JRs?
All conjecture really, you'd have to be mad to offer more than 1 or 2 million for the club and then you'd be getting ripped off.

duffer

any worthwhile owners would say "the club isn't for sale, but we will meet them, as naturally we are keen to understand why our customers feel a need to want to take over the club"

I think you've kind of answered your own question there. In fairness SISU must know that we want them out, they for whatever reason don't want to go. There's probably nothing served in a meeting on that basis - they're well aware of how the fans feel, they just don't much care...

Johnnythespider

How would a fan run club work!?

SBT & Twitter polls to make decisions!?

Who funds it etc as we hear the club need 12,000 a week or whatever to break even etc.

Genuine naivety on my part but just interested.
This fan funding idea is great isn't it, most city fans spend there time complaining about how much it costs to go to the game, the idea that thousands of fans will stump up for this is naive in the extreme.
Also this idea that thousands of fans will re-appear if sisu leave is only correct in the short term.
The first game after sisu would be a sellout, the game after that would see about ten thousand dissappear saying that they can't afford to go to all the games, crowds would then dwindle as a lot of city fans only turn out for big games, not having a go at anyone but In my experience that's how it is with CCFC.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
question is how much they trying to recoup before they sell, its a failed project but investors want their money back, i know they are saying club needs be self sufficient then whats point keeping it if they wont invest so they hanging on sell what they can.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This fan funding idea is great isn't it, most city fans spend there time complaining about how much it costs to go to the game, the idea that thousands of fans will stump up for this is naive in the extreme.
Also this idea that thousands of fans will re-appear if sisu leave is only correct in the short term.
The first game after sisu would be a sellout, the game after that would see about ten thousand dissappear saying that they can't afford to go to all the games, crowds would then dwindle as a lot of city fans only turn out for big games, not having a go at anyone but In my experience that's how it is with CCFC.

Didn't we lose about 18,000 after 2 home wins on the return to the Ricoh!?

rupert_bear

It'd be the lunatics taking over the asylum.
This is just the opening shot of what is likely to be a drawn out affair, those poo-pooing were always likely too, there's half a dozen or so on here who seem anti any anti sisu comments but rarely in fact never really say why or give an alternative. Remember we are destitute, have no ground, possibly no Acadamy, training ground likely to be sold, no permanent manager as yet and no one from sisu talking to anyone about their future plans for our football club. I don't know business law but should we be in danger of going out of business does this tentative bid carry a bit of weight should the shit hit the fan, involving the lawyer who assisted the Portsmouth scenerio shows me homework has been done.

skybluetony176

The best thing that the Trust can do is put a figure out there. The whole saying the club isn't for sale, ring fencing it with dept etc is very deliberate to deter an offer IMO. How can you play the victim when someone is offering you a way out? Clearly playing the victim is key here, possibly as part of a compensation plea should they win a JR.

shmmeee

For those interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fan-owned_sports_teams

Not that I think it's right for us at the moment, I'm not sure anything short of a billionaire could pull us around once we've got no assets and resultant high costs of rental.

But to laugh at an ownership model that Barcelona and Real Madrid use is a bit silly.

Edit: This seems extremely sensible for example:

"In Germany a majority control by a single entity (person, or company) is not permitted by the league,[51] and is the German law for clubs."

Nick

Administrator
For those interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fan-owned_sports_teams

Not that I think it's right for us at the moment, I'm not sure anything short of a billionaire could pull us around once we've got no assets and resultant high costs of rental.

But to laugh at an ownership model that Barcelona and Real Madrid use is a bit silly.

It is all well and good using their ownership model, if we can do it like they do it and raise that sort of cash then I'd be all for it.

It is a million miles away from Barca though.

It is the same when people mention the German leagues where most are fan owned. It is all well and good being fan owned, but people are going mental about the thought of trying to be break even now. It would be no different with fans.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
SISU will want money before they leave. How much would the Trust be able to offer?

I can't see that a fan run consortium taking over here will be of any benefit. All I can see would be SISU being out the way. There'd be less investment than there Is now (where would the money come from?). Same for wages. How would these be paid, something which SISU have always done.

Do the trust really have any wealthy members? Apart from pompey's ex lawyer and supporters direct, would they know how to run a business?

Sky Blue Kid

I sincerely hope that your comment isn't being "Ageist" Doesn't look good coming from someone talking about "Casual Rascism" does it!

rupert_bear

Going through that list there seems to be a lot be a lot of clubs doing okay, Brentford being one who all my years following football stumbled around division three and four and are now just one promotion from the mega bucks of the Premiership.

Sky Blue Kid

SISU will want money before they leave. How much would the Trust be able to offer?

I can't see that a fan run consortium taking over here will be of any benefit. All I can see would be SISU being out the way. There'd be less investment than there Is now (where would the money come from?). Same for wages. How would these be paid, something which SISU have always done.

Do the trust really have any wealthy members? Apart from pompey's ex lawyer and supporters direct, would they know how to run a business?

I think you'd see a marked increase on the gate for starters, and I'm sure there are plenty of businessmen out there just waiting for SISU to "Do one"

Johnnythespider

I think you'd see a marked increase on the gate for starters, and I'm sure there are plenty of businessmen out there just waiting for SISU to "Do one"
I'm sure there are a few businessmen who wouldn't wait for sisu to go if they were gauranteed 20,000 punters turning up every week, or is that what we want post sisu, some chancers waiting to pick the club up for nothing.

Sky Blue Kid

I'm sure there are a few businessmen who wouldn't wait for sisu to go if they were gauranteed 20,000 punters turning up every week, or is that what we want post sisu, some chancers waiting to pick the club up for nothing.

Do you really think business men are out there that will work with SISU? I don't know personally, but from what I've read that any business will touch them with a barge pole. (Highlighted) Like SISU did do you mean?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread