When are people going to understand (1 Viewer)

JonesBob

When are people going to understand we have a far superior management and coaching team than even some premiership clubs.

Some people are now saying we must sign McNally, and i must agree he is a potential star, however, as we see every season it is our coaching staff that get the best out of players. Over the past few season we have had Walsh, Clark-Salter and a few others who we think are indispensible only for them to move on and into oblivion, or near to.
Even our stars, Gus, Vik and Ohare may find it difficult to move on to another team as they will have to fit into another system, that doesn't always suit the individual.
It is our coaching team that is making the difference and even if we took an average championship player I think given time they can get him to produce.

Bad Boy

When are people going to understand we have a far superior management and coaching team than even some premiership clubs.

Some people are now saying we must sign McNally, and i must agree he is a potential star, however, as we see every season it is our coaching staff that get the best out of players. Over the past few season we have had Walsh, Clark-Salter and a few others who we think are indispensible only for them to move on and into oblivion, or near to.
Even our stars, Gus, Vik and Ohare may find it difficult to move on to another team as they will have to fit into another system, that doesn't always suit the individual.
It is our coaching team that is making the difference and even if we took an average championship player I think given time they can get him to produce.
Fair points made.
Look thought that many of our 'star' players (in recent times) have gone to greener grass and failed.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep some have stayed injured
Real balance across those ‘stars’ that have left

Maddison
Wilson
Mccallum
Stevenson
Bayliss

So 2 hits
1 jury out
2 duds

Boosh

Maddison
Wilson
Mccallum
Stevenson
Bayliss

So 2 hits
1 jury out
2 duds

Not sure you can say the jury is out on Mccallum and Bayliss is playing well for Shrewsbury. Stevenson is going to have a full career in the football league albeit not as high as some thought. Your assessment there is extremely negative

rob9872

Maddison
Wilson
Mccallum
Stevenson
Bayliss

So 2 hits
1 jury out
2 duds
Add McNulty, Bright, Sterling Walsh and James too. All did well here and not since. Arguably even Biamou, I know he split opinions and probably wasn't up to the level but the management got the best from him and he should've been good enough for L1 or L2 since.

Conversely Clarke'Harris good everywhere apart from us but not sure we ever played to his strengths.

Boosh

Add McNulty, Bright, Sterling Walsh and James too. All did well here and not since. Arguably even Biamou, I know he split opinions and probably wasn't up to the level but the management got the best from him and he should've been good enough for L1 or L2 since.

Conversely Clarke'Harris good everywhere apart from us but not sure we ever played to his strengths.

Sterling is playing regularly at a higher level than he did with us, James and Biamou were shite. Walsh will end up in the championship if he sorts his fitness issues out. Bright came back here and couldn’t find his form again so can’t count that one either

Happy_Martian

Some people are now saying we must sign McNally, and i must agree he is a potential star...

Fair comments all. The only point I would address is to those who say we have to sign McNally. Yes, as Bob says, he's a future star in the making but as Burnley are on their way up and he signed a new contract before he came here, I can envisage that his performances here will have put more than a few 0s on any price tag he may have. So unless we sell someone like O'Hare or Vik and pump all that money into getting McNally, a perm is dead in the water. And of course, that's if Burnley wish to sell anyway.

As a few have said about Vik... "Enjoy him while we've got him."

Frostie

The recruitment team too. They have to find these players that fit with the way that Robins wants to play - not an easy task

rob9872

Sterling is playing regularly at a higher level than he did with us, James and Biamou were shite. Walsh will end up in the championship if he sorts his fitness issues out. Bright came back here and couldn’t find his form again so can’t count that one either
James wasn't shite and neither was Max, just not good enough for Championship. Dujon has played 50 games in 4 years since leaving us. Nobody got a tune out of Bright before or after Robins.

Sbarcher

We got him on a free….. etc.

Boosh

James wasn't shite and neither was Max, just not good enough for Championship. Dujon has played 50 games in 4 years since leaving us. Nobody got a tune out of Bright before or after Robins.

So they weren’t good enough for the championship with robins and aren’t without him? Agreed

Sterling played regularly for us in league one and now plays regularly in the championship.

Bright had done well for Wolves before going to Kilmarnock where he was poor but at a better level than league one. He’s never returned to league one since to see how well he would do

Sky Blue Pete

Not sure you can say the jury is out on Mccallum and Bayliss is playing well for Shrewsbury. Stevenson is going to have a full career in the football league albeit not as high as some thought. Your assessment there is extremely negative
Ok
Bayliss left for a championship club served out his contract and then moved to a lower level - success huh?
Stevenson left for a championship club and had to move to a league 2 team to get games - success huh?
McCallum - not really played regular football and loaned to a rival championship club - I don’t think can be hailed as a success really?

Stop being contrary for the sake of it

Sky Blue Pete

Great shouts

Boosh

Ok
Bayliss left for a championship club served out his contract and then moved to a lower level - success huh?
Stevenson left for a championship club and had to move to a league 2 team to get games - success huh?
McCallum - not really played regular football and loaned to a rival championship club - I don’t think can be hailed as a success really?

Stop being contrary for the sake of it

Bayliss is playing well at the same level as he was for us.

Stevenson is playing well at the same level as he was for us.

Mcallum plays for a far better team at the same level as us.

I fail to see where these players have crashed without robins?

Samo

Fair point but no need for the condescending title

covboy9

Stevenson is a dud

covboy9

Goals or not Clarke Harris is shite

Evo1883

Norwich are on the same points as us btw

SBAndy

Fair to say their development curve has flattened after leaving.

Back to the original post, though, McNally is a great opportunity and will have considerable resale value if we were to sign him permanently.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The recruitment team too. They have to find these players that fit with the way that Robins wants to play - not an easy task

It's almost a poem.

I know you continuously try to flex on here that you're an accessory of said recruitment department, but it is very transparent and getting a bit boring. They've made some absolutely shocking signings which have made things so difficult for us. Overall, there is very limited credit going to them in the last two years or so, with only in turn adds more weight towards the management team; given they have had to get so much out of both limited resources and the poor recommendations which have been presented to them.

Frostie

It's almost a poem.

I know you continuously try to flex on here that you're an accessory of said recruitment department, but it is very transparent and getting a bit boring. They've made some absolutely shocking signings which have made things so difficult for us. Overall, there is very limited credit going to them in the last two years or so, with only in turn adds more weight towards the management team; given they have had to get so much out of both limited resources and the poor recommendations which have been presented to them.

This management team?

Why is Robins such a fucking retard?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This management team?

That post is from February 2021 (over two years ago) in a game where he took two of our best players off. If you are clawing that far to grab a smoking gun, it just makes it even more laughable the lengths you would go to in order to deflect attention. It actually looks like it's impossible to underestimate you.

We joke on this forum about alarms going off, but any time the recruitment team is mentioned, you are here in record time. I'm not sure if you are a fan girl, or just want to be mates with one of the old Badlan crew. Either way, it's boring, predictable, and epitomises you as a poster. They let the management down massively, and in the last few seasons we've been even more up against it due to their incompetence.

If I were you, I would stick to collecting stats from sixth former twitter accounts. You might have a speck more credibility from that, incredibly.

Frostie

That post is from February 2021 (over two years ago) in a game where he took two of our best players off. If you are clawing that far to grab a smoking gun, it just makes it even more laughable the lengths you would go to in order to deflect attention. It actually looks like it's impossible to underestimate you.

We joke on this forum about alarms going off, but any time the recruitment team is mentioned, you are here in record time. I'm not sure if you are a fan girl, or just want to be mates with one of the old Badlan crew. Either way, it's boring, predictable, and epitomises you as a poster. They let the management down massively, and in the last few seasons we've been even more up against it due to their incompetence.

If I were you, I would stick to collecting stats from sixth former twitter accounts. You might have a speck more credibility from that, incredibly.
Ashley Zukerman Mystery GIF by PeacockTV

Boosh

His likes to post ratio compared to yours says it all. Pipe down

Users who are viewing this thread