What's your tipping point? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

The is one element to consider in regard to councils behaviour across England and that is the current financial environment which they are working to. They'll be member of this forum who'll have lost jobs with local authorities in recent years and the decrease in available funds is driving decisions to realise revenues, in the short term. The councils are focussing on statutory functions, e.g. Social care, etc. Therefore, just like central government realising the value of certain national assets, so are local authorities to try and plug funding gaps.

Nah they're all evil masterminds hell bent on destroying clubs. Everyone knows a councils first priority is football fans, not the disabled and the elderly!

Council lover!

(There you go ccfc4life/Grendel, saved you a job)

Colin Steins Smile

Nah they're all evil masterminds hell bent on destroying clubs. Everyone knows a councils first priority is football fans, not the disabled and the elderly!

Council lover!

(There you go ccfc4life/Grendel, saved you a job)
Thanks for reply. I did question my sanity in posting this one, but sometimes an alternative view can help.
I've worked on some major sports infrastructure projects over the years, but it's very difficult for a LA to make ends meet. So they have to wheel and deal....and hence the private sector plays a greater role...and are able to exploit opportunities, be it securing a 20 year contract to run facilities or Wasps picking up a stadium!

shmmeee

Thanks for reply. I did question my sanity in posting this one, but sometimes an alternative view can help.
I've worked on some major sports infrastructure projects over the years, but it's very difficult for a LA to make ends meet. So they have to wheel and deal....and hence the private sector plays a greater role...and are able to exploit opportunities, be it securing a 20 year contract to run facilities or Wasps picking up a stadium!

People don't realise how fucked councils (especially Labour councils) get under a Tory government. It's a clear political tactic and people fall for it every time.

torchomatic

And from 2020 councils won't get any funding from central government at all. Money will have to be raised locally, council tax, etc. The shit will really hit the fan then when it comes to local services.

letsallsingtogether

And from 2020 councils won't get any funding from central government at all. Money will have to be raised locally, council tax, etc. The shit will really hit the fan then when it comes to local services.
And we joined those Brummie Bastards they will take all the money.
They can't control what they have now so we will be doubly fucked!

Brylowes

It's all part of the plan, the right wing elite now have us in the palm of there hand, funny to think
The working class forght so hard to secure the vote and now generations later most people don't
Know how to use it.
We are not in charge of our own destiny, we are fed crumbs and told to tighten our belt, while the
Ruling classes keep stockpiling illicit wealth.
We are truly fucked.:(

shy_tall_knight

Whilst recognising that we are rarely in the third round these days and that the FA cup isn't seen in the same light by the pick clubs now I still like it and went to the gym to capture the end of the Liverpool Plymouth game to my horror I had to watch WASPS in a nearly packed Ricoh - soul destroying

shmmeee

It's all part of the plan, the right wing elite now have us in the palm of there hand, funny to think
The working class forght so hard to secure the vote and now generations later most people don't
Know how to use it.
We are not in charge of our own destiny, we are fed crumbs and told to tighten our belt, while the
Ruling classes keep stockpiling illicit wealth.
We are truly fucked.:(

Yeah, but what about them Muslims eh?

Colin Steins Smile

Whilst recognising that we are rarely in the third round these days and that the FA cup isn't seen in the same light by the pick clubs now I still like it and went to the gym to capture the end of the Liverpool Plymouth game to my horror I had to watch WASPS in a nearly packed Ricoh - soul destroying
Which goes to show that the population of Coventry & Warwickshire will support a successful team. The ice hockey team also had great support when they were winning.

Brylowes

Was a reference to the fact that people are told to worry about Muslims rather than look after their own interests.
I absolutely get the fact that 0.0000009 % of the muslin population want to hurt us
Which is scary, but not for the obvious reasons.
There's a massive groundswell of nationalism throughout Europe at the moment that is not only worrying ,
but shows all the hallmarks of an uprising of something we thought could never happen again.

Otis

How did you get from the gym to the Ricoh so quick?

Otis

I absolutely get the fact that 0.0000009 % of the muslin population want to hurt us
Which is scary, but not for the obvious reasons.
There's a massive groundswell of nationalism throughout Europe at the moment that is not only worrying ,
but shows all the hallmarks of an uprising of something we thought could never happen again.
Yeah, you're right. My missus is always working with material, but now we have decided to ban muslin from the entire house.

It's a very evil cloth.

AL13N

Yeah, you're right. My missus is always working with material, but now we have decided to ban muslin from the entire house.

It's a very evil cloth.
I thought satin was the evil cloth.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Have just read through what I posted last night, and now realise my wife was right after all
I really was drunker than I thought .:brb:

Users who are viewing this thread