What's your tipping point? (3 Viewers)

Ashdown

I've tipped I'm afraid ! Not in that I will ever support any other football club but in that I'm not prepared to keep shelling out to watch Fishers fucked up amateur run asset stripping, covert operating excuse for a business any more. I'm not one of his 'customers' who is happy to be laughed at by his antagonistic bullshit anymore. I'll always support all the Cov teams but I'm done with feathering his nest.

Last edited:

Ian1779

I see your point, I guess my follow up question is: when is your team not your team?

Let's say we did an MK Dons and moves city, changed name, changed kit, everything (I know it's unlikely but that's not the point), would you still count us as "your team" or would you see that as a natural end point?

Don't know whether you've seen it today but Millwall possibly being forced out of Lewisham by local council. If a case like this happened (which half has already to be fair) then I think that would still count as our team.

hill83

I'd be careful mentioning money laundering Ashdown. Probably worth an edit to save risking the forum.

Nick

Administrator
I'd be careful mentioning money laundering Ashdown. Probably worth an edit to save risking the forum.

He always just makes stuff up in a rant. Don't know why he just doesn't say "football hasn't been the best so got bored" rather than giving it the moral high horse backed up with made up stuff.

Nick

Administrator
Don't know whether you've seen it today but Millwall possibly being forced out of Lewisham by local council. If a case like this happened (which half has already to be fair) then I think that would still count as our team.

Seen that, it's weird how their trust is also questioning the council and blaming them rather than the "they dont own the club so cant ever damage it" approach.

Last edited:

clint van damme

it's disgraceful what's happening down there.

Ashdown

He always just makes stuff up in a rant. Don't know why he just doesn't say "football hasn't been the best so got bored" rather than giving it the moral high horse backed up with made up stuff.
It's not just that the football has been poor is it ?! It's the utter hopelessness of it all and the antagonism from your favourite owners representatives.

Nick

Administrator
It's not just that the football has been poor is it ?! It's the utter hopelessness of it all and the antagonism from your favourite owners representatives.

Why not throw some other random made stuff in?

torchomatic

olderskyblue

Saw that earlier, it's weird how their trust is also questioning the council and blaming them rather than the "they dont own the club so cant ever damage it" approach.

Are you implying that CCC forced the club out the Nick, and that the trust should have been blaming them, and not SISU?

Nick

Administrator
Are you implying that CCC forced the club out the Nick, and that the trust should have been blaming them, and not SISU?

No, I am implying that the excuse of "Only the club's owners can damage the club" and how council etc can't be questioned as they don't own the club is bollocks.

olderskyblue

No, I am implying that the excuse of "Only the club's owners can damage the club" and how council etc can't be questioned as they don't own the club is bollocks.

Have CCC never been blamed or questioned by the trust?

olderskyblue

It depends to what extent you mean blamed or questioned. Not properly no.

so it was just another dig at the trust then. fair enough.

ccfc_ukr

I'd like to think I will support the team no matter what league etc, whether that means actually still going up and getting a season ticket is another matter. The questions for me is, how do people feel if CCFC cease to exist, but we start again as an AFC Coventry or whatever... do we just pick up where we left off and back the new entity?

Houdi

I'll never transfer support to a replacement or new team while this one exists. I'm not planning to renew my ST while things remain as they are so I guess my tipping point has already passed. I don't know exactly what I'd need to be convinced of change, as the signing of Mowbray won me round previously so it's not impossible that it would occur with the current owners, albeit unlikely.
Pretty much where i and I expect a lot of fans are right now. For many the hope has gone,and the future just looks so bleak. We seem on a never ending downward spiral, unless Slade performs a minor miracle then I expect a huge drop off in season ticket sales,which will lead to a further reduced playing budget.Rinse and repeat.
Pretty much everything that can be cut has already been cut. Don't really understand the NOPM argument, if people stop going because they are no longer enjoying it,or whatever reason they give,then what does it matter what label you give it,they are no longer funding the club. The thousands of fans who have walked away are effectively NOPM even if they go to an odd game.
The real worry is the ground issue, we are just over 12 months away from being homeless . Wasps seem in no hurry to restart talks, and from their point of view,why should they. They hold all the aces, they know another move out of the City would prove fatal, we simply have no where else to go.

Sky Blue Kid

Perhaps(Possible 2 relegations) under the present owner.
Non transparency under the present owner.
Lying about being thrown out of the Ricoh.
Taking our Football Club away to Northampton.
Bare Bones of investment, with Budget getting smaller every season.
Showing undeniably that the owners couldn't give a f**k about CCFC.
Treating the Coventry City FC fans like they've just trodden on s**t.
Along with me, there's a few to add to my/his "Moral High Ground".....................................Or are they "Made up Stuff/lies too?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Stand corrected although this season isn't over yet..... what about the other points?
That's my point, sisu have done lots of shit. No need to make things up as it's easier for them while people shout about things that haven't happened.

torchomatic

You're still going to games, keep your eye's open as it won't be long coming.

Only in your wet dreams. We won't get relegated.

tisza

That Millwall situation is a disgrace.
Let's hope football as a whole shows a bit more solidarity with them than they have done with us.

torchomatic

That Millwall situation is a disgrace.
Let's hope football as a whole shows a bit more solidarity with them than they have done with us.

In my experience the Football Family stuff is a myth. No one will care for them like no one cared about us.

Users who are viewing this thread