Whats Left/ Who do you want ( within reason) (2 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Final week before the serious stuff starts so I just wondered, what do we think we have left to get?

If you like, have a pop at suggesting players

For me

2 CB
1 CM

Id want

Cranie
Osti/Clarke-Salter

and for CM

Otasowie/ Garner

Dont see why any of them are beyond the realms of possibility either

Ccfcisparks

Final week before the serious stuff starts so I just wondered, what do we think we have left to get?

If you like, have a pop at suggesting players

For me

2 CB
1 CM

Id want

Cranie
Osti/Clarke-Salter

and for CM

Otasowie/ Garner

Dont see why any of them are beyond the realms of possibility either
Yes not outside the realms of possibility except for the fact that Brighton are going to use Osti and Garner is going to Sheffield United

Saddlebrains

Yes not outside the realms of possibility except for the fact that Brighton are going to use Osti and Garner is going to Sheffield United

They didnt use him last game.

And Sheffield Utd have Fleck, Norwood, Berge Osborn and Freeman, so struggling to see where he would fit in there

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We are far too weak in defence at the moment. It actually concerns me a lot.

I would like two see at least two first team defenders come in, and then someone in midfield if we can. I'm not talking about fringe players either. The starting XI needs a boost.

skyblueelephant76

Fair enough

But anyone who thinks Brighton are sat there with 50 million to burn and have lost Ben White and Matt Clarke and wont replace them are deluded
They haven't lost Clarke, they chose to loan him out.

What we don't know is if they think Ostigard is better cover or are going to do something else with him.

Winny the Bish

Nathaneal Ogbeta - Could play LWB, CDM & CAM at a push. Would cost a fee but talk is he's set to leave Shrewsbury.
1x CB loan - Clarke-Salter, Xavier Mbuyamba.
Pape Souare on a one-year deal

Last edited:

Gibbo

we need some younger legs in defence - Hyam, MacFadz both slow and Cranie is 35. If not Osti, then Osti-like.
Elsewhere I would like to see some outgoings - to free up a bit of cash
I am hoping that some of the youth players come through - Bayliss and Shipley were the last to become first choices and that was 4 years ago. Since then naff all from our much vaunted youth scheme.

Alkhen

Craine +1 young talented CB loan

CM Loan hopefully with a bit of experience (like Garner) but trust Robins and the team to make the right call

I'd sign Souare if the deal is right. Let Reid go out on loan to league 1

Hertsccfc

we need some younger legs in defence - Hyam, MacFadz both slow and Cranie is 35. If not Osti, then Osti-like.
Elsewhere I would like to see some outgoings - to free up a bit of cash
I am hoping that some of the youth players come through - Bayliss and Shipley were the last to become first choices and that was 4 years ago. Since then naff all from our much vaunted youth scheme.
But Ostigard isn't fast.

shmmeee

God knows about names, but I still want:

LCB who has some pace and doesn’t look like a goat in a football kit with the ball at his feet.

Another LCB who can also cover LWB.

CM who can challenge Hamer/step in when he’s injured or off form

Big strong in the air CB who can challenge Fadz

AM to replace Bright if he’s gone to pot

GK

Would give us two in every position pretty much.

Briles

Tom Carroll and Ikechi Anya. Both free. Id take them to cover CM and LB

Briles

Anya used to be decent, but how old is he now? I bet hes as old as Grendel!

33 and I bet he's still quicker than anyone in our first team.

(Anya not Grendel)

Frostie

33 and I bet he's still quicker than anyone in our first team.

(Anya not Grendel)

Hasn't Anya retired? Certainly didn't play for anyone last season.
Either way he's atrocious.
Derby paid £4m for him & paid him nearly £30k p/w which he was happy to take & just never play. Those sort of signings are part of the problems they now find themselves in.

Carroll is a better suggestion but with a huge risk attached. I've always liked him, as a technical ball player he's really talented & few better at this level. However, physically he struggles & think it's well known now that he has a chronic hip problem meaning he's struggled for any games at all in the last 3 years. Decent spell at QPR last season tbf but again cut short by a serious injury (knee this time).
Really not sure it's a gamble we can afford to take. I presume Derby will take a risk if they can afford him.

Tea & Busquets

Cranie, one of Van Hecke, Clarke Salter or Panzo, a youth CB and midfielder for u23s, a competent midfield option (Tom Carroll was a name thrown in?), and Pape Souare.

Saddlebrains

To be honest i dont think we're far off.

If we can get in the final 2 defenders and CM, and manage to offload Hillsner, Jobello, Allen and Pask you've got to say its a succesful window all things considered

CCFCSteve

We better fucking hope Rose is going to be fit all season and Hyam has discovered his left foot then.

Baffling that we've let the defensive group deteriorate considering how many times it looked like a circus last season.

It was an abosolute shambles at times, especially first half of the season but from memory, the last third of of the season we stopped fucking about at the back as much/inviting pressure and minimised sloppy mistakes. It was a massive learning curve for the defence last year, the quality of forwards is a totally different level to L1, one mistake and goal !

Also, how much of the season did Rose and Dabo missing struggling back from injury. I honestly think a fit Dabo will more than hold his own in this league, he just never looked fully fit

That’s not to say we don’t need another CB....someone with pace ideally !

Torquay Sky Blue

To be honest i dont think we're far off.

If we can get in the final 2 defenders and CM, and manage to offload Hillsner, Jobello, Allen and Pask you've got to say its a succesful window all things considered
All depends on if your glass is half full or half empty. I think Waghorn is definitely an improvement on Max but Ostigard and Mcallum aren't easy to replace especially if he goes for the trialists

Users who are viewing this thread