Whats Left/ Who do you want ( within reason) (1 Viewer)

Deity

Defence:
I’d like us to bring in Craine and a young quick very tall central defender

Another left sided defender who can also play left back if Maartsen needs a break or gets injured.

midfield
A tall, mobile, defensive central midfielder in the Otasowie mould.

as you can tell I’m still concerned the squad lacks pace and height. These physical attributes are important I think in the championship.

Saddlebrains

Defence:
I’d like us to bring in Craine and a young quick very tall central defender

Another left sided defender who can also play left back if Maartsen needs a break or gets injured.

midfield
A tall, mobile, defensive central midfielder in the Otasowie mould.

as you can tell I’m still concerned the squad lacks pace and height. These physical attributes are important I think in the championship.

Completely agree.

If we were to get in say, Cranie, Clarke-Salter and Otasowie would that suffice for you?

I think we would be set for midtable then

Deity

Completely agree.

If we were to get in say, Cranie, Clarke-Salter and Otasowie would that suffice for you?

I think we would be set for midtable then
Probably although I must admit I haven’t seen much of Clarke-Salter to form a valid judgement.

in a perfect world I’d love a super fast striker too to come on when defences tire, but I think Tavares and Bapaga need to offer that to us …

Fergusons_Beard

Declan Drysdale going to play a bit this year. He’s ready and we don’t need another young CB when we already have one.

We do need someone with a bit of pace though-severely lacking in all positions.

CM a must because I predict that Jamie Allen will go before end of window.

I also think Matty Godden will go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slowpoke

I’d love us to push the boat out for a good quality CB there are one or two out there Ben Davies being one left sided too, but doubt we have the budget for him unless we can loan him on a similar deal to what we had with Sheaf, then there’s Clarke-Salter along with Cranie either would strengthen our defensive options. Supposedly according to MR we are hoping for two loans apart from Cranie and Soure can’t think of anyone but a wide man with pace I’d love.

Liquid Gold

Declan Drysdale going to play a bit this year. He’s ready and we don’t need another young CB when we already have one.

We do need someone with a bit of pace though-severely lacking in all positions.

CM a must because I predict that Jamie Allen will go before end of window.

I also think Matty Godden will go to.

I hope we’re not relying on Drysdale too much. He’s been pretty poor from what I’ve seen of pre-season and had to drop from L1 to L2 last season.

slowpoke

I rate Drysdales potential can’t make my mind up wether he is better at CB or in front of the back line can certainly pass the ball well but not the fastest doesn’t have to be, think he’s going to be a work in progress player this season.

larry_david

I hope we’re not relying on Drysdale too much. He’s been pretty poor from what I’ve seen of pre-season and had to drop from L1 to L2 last season.
Jack Burroughs played at Gloucester City last season on loan and came back to do alright, new deal and a potential star for us. Eccles was in and out of the Gillingham team first half of the season but came back a better player and is going to be key for us in the next few years.

A loan spell is to get match experience, mentally and physically and learn from mistakes. DD may not have pulled up any trees at Gills or Cambridge but he played more games than didn't, was part of a title chasing and promotion winning side in a league we were in not too many years ago and at his age, has plenty of scope for improvement. For what it's worth and what i've seen of him he's probably not ready for Championship footy yet but i'm not writing him off and I think in part that is why we are looking at Crainie for the short term. It won't block off the first team for DD longer term. He did okay against Wolves, confident on the ball, played a quality 50 yard cross pitch ball to trialist B (lol)s feet which Ostigard for example never could do.

Liquid Gold

Jack Burroughs played at Gloucester City last season on loan and came back to do alright, new deal and a potential star for us. Eccles was in and out of the Gillingham team first half of the season but came back a better player and is going to be key for us in the next few years.

A loan spell is to get match experience, mentally and physically and learn from mistakes. DD may not have pulled up any trees at Gills or Cambridge but he played more games than didn't, was part of a title chasing and promotion winning side in a league we were in not too many years ago and at his age, has plenty of scope for improvement. For what it's worth and what i've seen of him he's probably not ready for Championship footy yet but i'm not writing him off and I think in part that is why we are looking at Crainie for the short term. It won't block off the first team for DD longer term. He did okay against Wolves, confident on the ball, played a quality 50 yard cross pitch ball to trialist B (lol)s feet which Ostigard for example never could do.
I’m not against him being part of the squad and getting some championship experience as backup but I think we need at least 1 quality starter or the position group is weaker than last year.

slowpoke

We crucially need a CM currently
You always need better players we have Hamer, Sheaf, Kelly, Eccles (when fit) Shipley & Allen if still here and then there O’Hare and Bright( fingers crossed) Sheaf was very good v Wolves assuming a loaned in player goes straight into the team who would he replace.

Torquay Sky Blue

You always need better players we have Hamer, Sheaf, Kelly, Eccles (when fit) Shipley & Allen if still here and then there O’Hare and Bright( fingers crossed) Sheaf was very good v Wolves assuming a loaned in player goes straight into the team who would he replace.
Well there's a CB place waiting for one of them and the other could replace Sheaf, Hamer or Dabo if they're good enough. But I get your point , loaned players are loaned out to play.

Ccfcisparks

At the moment we have Hamer and Sheaf with Allen and Shipley as backups. Would you be happy with Shipley and Allen as our starting CM'S?

SlowerThanPlatt

I’d love us to push the boat out for a good quality CB there are one or two out there Ben Davies being one left sided too, but doubt we have the budget for him unless we can loan him on a similar deal to what we had with Sheaf, then there’s Clarke-Salter along with Cranie either would strengthen our defensive options. Supposedly according to MR we are hoping for two loans apart from Cranie and Soure can’t think of anyone but a wide man with pace I’d love.

As has already been explained to you there is 0 chance Davies will be coming here

slowpoke

At the moment we have Hamer and Sheaf with Allen and Shipley as backups. Would you be happy with Shipley and Allen as our starting CM'S?
What about Kelly ? fully fit I’m sure Robins will play him. Not saying we shouldn’t sign better players if we can though but they have to be better.

junglej13

There is a long, long way to go in this window. Once the Premier League teams start to loosen the purse strings I can see some top Championship teams testing our resolve for Hamer and O'Hare.

SlowerThanPlatt

There is a long, long way to go in this window. Once the Premier League teams start to loosen the purse strings I can see some top Championship teams testing our resolve for Hamer and O'Hare.
Unsure what you mean by this? Plenty of teams have been spending, it’s likely teams just aren’t interested in them players

Fergusons_Beard

Only issue I have at CB is if Fadz at 34 gets an injury.
He’s been relatively injury free since signing for us and has really not played because of suspension.
Rose is still not fully fit either.
That’s probably why we need Cranie as a backup.

slowpoke

Normally possibly correct but there isn’t the money about at the moment even the relegated three with their parachute money aren’t splashing the dosh around.

Yorkshire SB

Need a quality CB desperately - don't mind Fadz in there, despite the errors, Hyam can do a job, Rose tbc. McCallum was a brilliant defensive LB as well, protected Hyam well.

We all know the stand out was Ostigard, and we need someone at that level again. Appreciate not an easy task!

COV

Normally possibly correct but there isn’t the money about at the moment even the relegated three with their parachute money aren’t splashing the dosh around.

2019 total spend in summer window was 1.4bn, 2020 1.4bn, not sure there will be too much more happening until the last few days, when there is usually silly money flying around as people panic- 200m seems to be the norm.

If Kane & Grealish go to Man City that is obviously blown out of the water and Villa/ Spurs will start spending (not that that concerns us too much), but unless things have seriously gone mad it looks like the bulk of the huge spending is done now until the last day or so

Grendel

COV

Yeah that was last year

oh is it?

What is this year, anyone know?

£1.4bn seems to be about the norm- not sure we'll see too much of an increase this year with COVID and all the disruption etc

edit... tried adding it up (assumed 5m for "undisclosed") and looks like there could well be a long way to go yet- under 500m... but thats just going on sky sports website so might be way off

Users who are viewing this thread