What's everyone watching while on 'lockdown'? (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

watched Caliphate on Netflix.
Set between Sweden and Raqqa it's about Islamic fundamentalists in Sweden but it's dubbed in English.
Though it was decent, had a god story line but couldn't help think how much better it would have been if it had been done by the BBC or C4.

hill83

This YouTube channel. Not sure why but I find it relaxing. Losing the plot.

Otis

You've seen the whole series or just the first episode?
Just the first.

The theme has been done a thousand times, but it is well put together. Enough to keep my interest anyway.

Probably more character driven than many shows out there.

dutchman

Just the first.

The theme has been done a thousand times, but it is well put together. Enough to keep my interest anyway.

Probably more character driven than many shows out there.

I've seen the entire series, it goes downhill rapidly after the first few episodes. The last few were truncated on the assumption it will be cancelled although they haven't announced that officially yet.

dutchman

I watched The Last Man on Earth (1964) the other night. There are some startling parallels to what is happening in the world today. The movie is available in its entirety for free on YouTube. The picture quality is good too but not quite the 1080p claimed in the description.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Watched "The Red Shoes" (remastered 1948 version is on Youtube) last weekend, as it was on the Independent's list of the 20 best british films of all time.
Pile o' shit - NOT recommended!
But I should have known, as their chart also includes "Withnail and I", which i think is the biggest load of pretentious ham-acted horseshit i've ever seen, and is one of those movies people think makes them look cool if it's on their favourites list!

Otis

Watched "The Red Shoes" (remastered 1948 version is on Youtube) last weekend, as it was on the Independent's list of the 20 best british films of all time.
Pile o' shit - NOT recommended!
But I should have known, as their chart also includes "Withnail and I", which i think is the biggest load of pretentious ham-acted horseshit i've ever seen, and is one of those movies people think makes them look cool if it's on their favourites list!
Never seen it, but have always been fascinated by it and wanted to.

The Red Shoes is Emeric Pressburger isn't it?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Never seen it, but have always been fascinated by it and wanted to.

The Red Shoes is Emeric Pressburger isn't it?
It is, yeah - Anton Walbrook and Moira Shearer (in her first screen role, i believe). Indy described it as "the most stunning combination of music, dance and cinema in history". Was it fuck!

dutchman

The Red Shoe Diaries????
The Red Shoes (1948) - Reference View - IMDb

MV5BOWRmNGEwZjUtZjEwNS00OGZmLThhMmEtZTJlMTU5MGQ3ZWUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_SY150_CR0,0,101,150_.jpg

Otis

Gangs of London starts tonight on sky, looks pretty good!
Got great reviews, but I couldn't watch past the first 30 seconds. Far to violent for me. Especially with all the screams.

Pity, cos I was looking forwards to it.

Sbarcher

Just came across Sports Channel - 266 on BT. Watching canal fishing using Waggler. Lots of other choices within the channel.

Otis

You have to really invest in it though.

Usually a number of complex threads within it, so not just a case of bad guy, catch the bad guy.

I get really consumed by it.

hill83

You have to really invest in it though.

Usually a number of complex threads within it, so not just a case of bad guy, catch the bad guy.

I get really consumed by it.

Yeah. No phones on the go rule for it. It reminds me of the wire in a way but only the police side of it. Doesn’t patronise you and you have to work for it.

Users who are viewing this thread