What's everyone watching while on 'lockdown'? (1 Viewer)

Ring Of Steel

Anyone seen the Netflix movie Uncut Gems? I heard it’s really good however everything Adam Sandler went near in years has been atrocious...

chiefdave

Anyone seen the Netflix movie Uncut Gems? I heard it’s really good however everything Adam Sandler went near in years has been atrocious...
that's on my list, looks good from the trailer. its a serious film with Adam Sandler in rather than an Adam Sandler comedy made by his own company so the quality of his recent films won't have much impact on it.

Ring Of Steel

that's on my list, looks good from the trailer. its a serious film with Adam Sandler in rather than an Adam Sandler comedy made by his own company so the quality of his recent films won't have much impact on it.

that’s what I’m thinking too and it gets 92% rating- I’m trying to persuade the other half to watch it with me!

Ian1779

There was a lot of noise about how he should he been given an Oscar nomination for it.

skyblue1991

I've got that saved on my list to watch. The ratings are very complementary to Adam Sandler particularly as its a completely different role as to what he normally plays.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

Quiz was OK last night, but a lot of the acting was pretty "hammy". Michael Sheen brilliant in his characterisation of Tarrant, as he always his in his roles.
We then watched the Youtube video of the original episode of "Millionaire". No spoilers but what they did was pretty blatantly audible!!

OffenhamSkyBlue

While on the subject of "Millionaire" (weren't we?!), watched the Celebrity episode from Sunday night, and just wanted to mention how gorgeous i think Charlotte Church is, having come through some very tough times a while back. Lovely to look at, and an inner beauty and kindness, it seems.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m up to series 4 of The shield , I’ve still got save me too, tiger king and better call Saul to finish.
I might ask to work from home tomorrow :emoji_relaxed:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yes I’ve enjoyed it so far CVD , Dutch is a very complicated character .I enjoy the dynamic Vic has with pretty much everyone

skybluetony176

Watched the stranger. The acting isn’t so hot but not a bad story line. Just caught up on Save Me Too and I think the second season is better than the first.

Recommend and might watch again myself, The End of the Fucking World.

shmmeee

Anyone started Devs? Watched a bit before bed of the first episode last night and looks quite good. I’m a sucker for techy sci-fi though.

skyblueusername

I watched the Gomorrah spin-off movie 'L'immortale' last night and for anyone watching the series this is a must-see.
Sky have been dragging their heels to release it in the UK so watched it here:
The Immortal (2019)
Trailer can be seen here: (the movie link has English subtitles)

chiefdave

Season finale of War of the Worlds tonight. That's 8 hours of my life I'll never get back. Started out OK but then nothing really happened and then when you finally make it to the end they leave it on a cliffhanger. Won't be bothering if there's a season 2. Whole thing could have easily been condensed into a 2 hour TV movie.

Otis

Yup. Liked it at first, but it has been beginning to bore me a bit these last few episodes.

It showed promise. Shame.

wingy

You'll all be pleased to know that there's is going to the some form of televised darts competition on TV tonight.
Played remotely of course so will lack any atmosphere Lol.

Gazolba

Just watched "The Fast Lady" from 1962, with Leslie Phillips, Stanley Baxter and Julie Christie.
Brilliant film.

Fast_lady_movieposter-resized.jpg

OffenhamSkyBlue

Just finished watching The English Game - well worth a watch
Few too many "Downton Abbey" overtones for my taste, so struggling after episode 2, but maybe that's your thang!
Did you figure out how they were getting live score updates from an away match in 1879?? Bloody fast carrier pigeon!

Sbarcher

Until 7pm tonight you can watch The Phantom of the Opera free on YouTube. The 25th anniversary performance at the Royal Albert Hall. One of my favourites having seen it 8 times in London. Amazing music and performances.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Just watched all "On the frontline" on I Player documentaries about troubles in Northern Ireland. I found them informative and the one about the bus what a guy Werner Heubeck was.

Kneeza

Just watched the first episode of 'Run'.
Bit odd, but expecting it to be a grower.
It's by Phoebe Waller Bridge, so has pedigree.

Users who are viewing this thread