What the fuck (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

People need to stop giving rich white men all the power in this country. These are the sort cunts that walk into government. Fucking entitlement is outrageous.

Rich people all over the world show contempt towards the less fortunate, its not just exclusive to rich white people... Durham University is also quite diverse

These lads are ofcourse, disgusting cunts

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Rich people all over the world show contempt towards the less fortunate, its not just exclusive to rich white people... Durham University is also quite diverse

These lads are ofcourse, disgusting cunts
You're right there comrade, let's just get rid of rich people no matter their colour.

Nick

Administrator
None of you ever went in the Irish Centre then?

Isn't the clue in the headline that they were joking?

I dread to think somebody overhearing some of our conversations in the pub at 18. Nowadays I guess the "lads" are going for coffee and discussing politics or going to a protest.

Liquid Gold

None of you ever went in the Irish Centre then?

Isn't the clue in the headline that they were joking?

I dread to think somebody overhearing some of our conversations in the pub at 18. Nowadays I guess the "lads" are going for coffee and discussing politics or going to a protest.
We still go to the pub and take the piss, I know my younger brother and his mates do the same. I also know they are not planning sexual assaults. Fucking hell Nick.

Nick

Administrator
We still go to the pub and take the piss, I know my younger brother and his mates do the same. I also know they are not planning sexual assaults. Fucking hell Nick.

You do realise that joking about it doesn't mean they are going to do it?

In our group chat somebody joked about fucking us all in the arse when we can shower after football, with the context and knowing the person I can say he isn't sitting there planning to actually sexually assault us. It's like when somebody says they shagged somebody's mum, it doesn't mean they actually are.

Context is needed, somebody can pick apart most group chats with selected things and no context and they could look really bad.

Were people offended by Jay from the Inbetweeners? It's not far off the kind of shit he would come out with.

Liquid Gold

You do realise that joking about it doesn't mean they are going to do it?

In our group chat somebody joked about fucking us all in the arse when we can shower after football, with the context and knowing the person I can say he isn't sitting there planning to actually sexually assault us.
Does sexual assault regularly happen at your football games? Because it does at universities. That’s the difference.

Nick

Administrator
Does sexual assault regularly happen at your football games? Because it does at universities. That’s the difference.

It is hardly catching people planning actual rapes, is it?

It's the typical outrage cancel culture, let's get them all kicked out and witch hunt. Save that for people who are actually committing sexual assault, surely?

Any bloke who pretends they haven't cracked jokes in their time that have crossed the line is a liar.

Liquid Gold

It's the typical outrage cancel culture, let's get them all kicked out and witch hunt. Save that for people who are actually committing sexual assault, surely?

Any bloke who pretends they haven't cracked jokes in their time that have crossed the line is a liar.
So don’t do anything to stop shit happening just clear up when it has. Got it.

Nick

Administrator
So don’t do anything to stop shit happening just clear up when it has. Got it.

There is a massive jump from blokes in a group chat fucking about and being dicks to them actually going out raping people. If it was a group where they were planning victims and it actually looked like it was serious then I get your point. Those quotes don't really show that. the only thing I can see about that is somebody joking that it wasn't rape as he could stop when he wanted. Yeah it's dark and twisted but it doesn't mean he raped somebody or is going to.

Shall we start doing people who joke about having Maddie McCann for murder? It doesn't mean they actually have her in the basement.

Liquid Gold

There is a massive jump from blokes in a group chat fucking about and being dicks to them actually going out raping people. If it was a group where they were planning victims and it actually looked like it was serious then I get your point. Those quotes don't really show that.

Shall we start doing people who joke about having Maddie McCann for murder? It doesn't mean they actually have her in the basement.
But it doesn’t take a big jump from a conversation like this happening to another young woman being assaulted. It’s common as fuck and comes from people thinking they have ownership of people they’re better than.

If this was kebab shop owners taking about getting a bunch ofyoung while girls round pissed and when found out they just called it a laugh and a joke tommy and his cunts would be round in no time.

Nick

Administrator
But it doesn’t take a big jump from a conversation like this happening to another young woman being assaulted. It’s common as fuck and comes from people thinking they have ownership of people they’re better than.

If this was kebab shop owners taking about getting a bunch ofyoung while girls round pissed and when found out they just called it a laugh and a joke tommy and his cunts would be round in no time.

It is a massive jump to go from that conversation to actually raping somebody.

When you actually read a lot of the conversation, it's massively sensationalized isn't it? What in those messages actually make you think somebody is going to get raped?

I've heard much worse in an office full of professional women when a fireman came in.

Again, does joking about Maddie McCann mean you are one step from murdering a child?

Liquid Gold

Again, does joking about Maddie McCann mean you are one step from murdering a child?
Your strawmaning this to a very specific crime.

What’s happening here is a demographic that often commits these sorts of assaults is taking about commuting these sorts of assaults against the sort of person that is the victim of these sort of assaults in the environment that these sort of assaults take place.

I can’t make it much simpler for you.

theferret

Yep. They appear to be an obnoxious bunch, but the faux outrage by the hysterical and reactionary mouth-breathing zealots is becoming tiresome. Put your pitchforks away. Why are some people so desperate to police what other people say? Who the fuck do they think they are anyway? Making huge leaps of imagination that make no sense whatsoever, it's a nothing story.

rob9872

Think we probably said that and worse as a group 30 years ago when I was 18, thankfully none if it typed or written down back then. To my knowledge none of my mates turned out to be rapists, paedos or murderers....

Nick

Administrator
Your strawmaning this to a very specific crime.

What’s happening here is a demographic that often commits these sorts of assaults is taking about commuting these sorts of assaults against the sort of person that is the victim of these sort of assaults in the environment that these sort of assaults take place.

I can’t make it much simpler for you.

Can you quote which part of those screenshots makes you think one of them is likely to sexually assault somebody?

There is nothing in them at all that means somebody is going to go out and rape somebody.

I just think people want to be outraged and have a protest nowadays. It's the cancel culture thing again.

Liquid Gold

Can you quote which part of those screenshots makes you think one of them is likely to sexually assault somebody?
“The posh lads competing to fuck the poorest girl” if she isn’t aware of this competition then she isn’t consenting. That’s assault.

Nick

Administrator
“The posh lads competing to fuck the poorest girl” if she isn’t aware of this competition then she isn’t consenting. That’s assault.

Firstly, do you know if it actually happened? Secondly, if they are raping the poorest girl then you might have a point.

I really dread to think what would happen if you plonked an 18 year old now into somewhere 20 years ago and how long before they started crying or protesting. Seeing the outrage over things like this is quite scary as every bloke will have cracked jokes that have crossed the line. It doesn't mean they actually do the things they joke about.

Liquid Gold

Firstly, do you know if it actually happened? Secondly, if they are raping the poorest girl then you might have a point.
Ok so you don’t have a clue about consent and what they’re taught on the very first day on campus.

Nick

Administrator
Ok so you don’t have a clue about consent and what they’re taught on the very first day on campus.

I'm glad I wasn't taught anything on campus. From the sounds of it it's how to wear a scarf with t-shirt and where to get a latte with the chaps.

If they are raping people then yes, I fully agree. There is nothing to say that anybody is being raped though, is there?

It's a massive overreaction to get a bit angry about something isn't it? Read past the headline and what has actually been said and it isn't anywhere near as bad as made out. Dark and twisted, yes. It doesn't mean they are out at night sexually assaulting people.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No, if this was a bunch of kebab shop owners people like yourself would be first to point at the Durham lads because you would spontaneously combust at the idea that someone who was white could be the victim.

Yes, it is not very nice language. But Nick is right. There is a difference between whatsapp and actually sexually assaulting someone. This whole notion of college campus rape culture is also absolute nonsense.

theferret

Eh? It's just shit laddish banter. The type of stuff they'll cringe at in 20 years.

It's immaturity. The same stuff you'll hear from young working class males too, of all races. There is nothing to suggest this is anything more than that. What do you want, a national scandal that sees them thrown of their courses and their futures ruined? Don't get it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Eh? It's just shit laddish banter. The type of stuff they'll cringe at in 20 years.

It's immaturity. The same stuff you'll hear from young working class males too, of all races. There is nothing to suggest this is anything more than that. What do you want, a national scandal that sees them thrown of their courses and their futures ruined? Don't get it.

Yes, that is what he wants. It's a leftist thing.

Ironically leftists are the biggest sexual abusers anyway.

Nick

Administrator
a national scandal that sees them thrown of their courses and their futures ruined? Don't get it.

That's exactly what it is, getting people cancelled.

Anybody listened to any music lately? Theres much worse said in every day grime / rap songs.

Lets not make another thread about politics bullshit though...

shmmeee

Slippery slope that. What next? She had fake tan I don’t consent? She was getting back at her ex I don’t consent?

Any uni student is an adult and capable of deciding who to sleep with in full knowledge that people on the pull lie and don’t call back.

Users who are viewing this thread