What I was told today (1 Viewer)

Malaka

there has been an offer accepted for Hamer and that Ashley is in negotiations with SISU to buy the club. He has no interest in buying Wasps as the Rugby Premiership is losing money hand over fist.
The person who told me did not know where Gus was going. This person is right most of the time. That’s all I’ve been told.

Last edited:

Otis

Someone who does work on the business side said that there has been an offer accepted for Hamer and that Ashley is in negotiations with SISU to buy the club. He has no interest in buying Wasps as the Rugby Premiership is losing money hand over fist.
The person who told me did not know where Gus was going. This person is right most of the time. That’s all I’ve been told.
Might explain him being on his best behaviour lately. 😂

slowpoke

Someone who does work on the business side said that there has been an offer accepted for Hamer and that Ashley is in negotiations with SISU to buy the club. He has no interest in buying Wasps as the Rugby Premiership is losing money hand over fist.
Rangers with Steve Gerrard ??

slowpoke

So if true and I’m not saying it isn’t who has the Hamer money Joy or Mike ?

Gynnsthetonic

So if true and I’m not saying it isn’t who has the Hamer money Joy or Mike ?

giphy.gif

Evo1883

there has been an offer accepted for Hamer and that Ashley is in negotiations with SISU to buy the club. He has no interest in buying Wasps as the Rugby Premiership is losing money hand over fist.

We heard the same thing about Ashley last night , not heard anything about hamer .

Skyblueweeman

Not wishing to dispell this Malaka but I kind of agree with David O'Day on the Hamer front.

It seems strange to agree a fee in early November when the transfer window isn't open for another 7 or so weeks. We've got 7 games before the window opens (inc the NYD game to be fair) - if Gus was to run riot and get 5 goals/5 assists in that time (however unlikely), his value would be greater so I find it strange to agree a fee with someone now when they can get more when a club is actually able to buy a player.

Grendel

Not wishing to dispell this Malaka but I kind of agree with David O'Day on the Hamer front.

It seems strange to agree a fee in early November when the transfer window isn't open for another 7 or so weeks. We've got 7 games before the window opens (inc the NYD game to be fair) - if Gus was to run riot and get 5 goals/5 assists in that time (however unlikely), his value would be greater so I find it strange to agree a fee with someone now when they can get more when a club is actually able to buy a player.

The only sense would be if they need a sale the minute the window opens

NorthernWisdom

Unless of course, some mentalist offered you £20mil for him now. His value couldn't grow from that!

Godiva

SkyBlueChris

Just thinking If sisu knew the end game was coming in the summer they may have got pre agreements in place which gives them some clout when negotiating which is maybe where the hamer bit come from?!?!

shmmeee

I'd like to think so

Thats not enough mate if you want to be an ITK. Gotta add something like “this is the bloke who told me before anyone else knew that Bidwell puked on Fadz’s boots at half time”.

Isn’t all this coming from that speculative Mail article?

Evo1883

Thats not enough mate if you want to be an ITK. Gotta add something like “this is the bloke who told me before anyone else knew that Bidwell puked on Fadz’s boots at half time”.

Isn’t all this coming from that speculative Mail article?

I'm out then sorry 😞 .. although again I reiterate , I have no reason to doubt said person

Malaka

Just telling you what I was told. It could have happened when Robbins was pissed off with him after two sending off's, involve loans deals or part exchange

procdoc

I don’t want Mike Ashley anywhere near the club. We all know he’ll sack Robins and bring in Steve Bruce

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t want Mike Ashley anywhere near the club. We all know he’ll sack Robins and bring in Steve Bruce

I think a billionaire owner with Steve Bruce as manager would do no better or worse than SISU with Robins as manager. But if his aim is a promotion in the near to medium term, he'd stick with the man who's done brilliantly on a shoestring. Which would make sense anyway from a businessman's perspective

TomRad85

I'm out then sorry .. although again I reiterate , I have no reason to doubt said person
Have previous things this person has told you ended up happening or have they been shite?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Well overall that's amazing news if Ashley trying to buy us?

But then don't get the hamer thing. Wouldn't Ashley wanna buy the best version of city?

Unless hes lowballed sisu but allowed them to make money from transfers first which I still find weird as he could be buying next year's premier League team if he keeps the best players.

But interesting!

Brighton Sky Blue

Well overall that's amazing news if Ashley trying to buy us?

But then don't get the hamer thing. Wouldn't Ashley wanna buy the best version of city?

Unless hes lowballed sisu but allowed them to make money from transfers first which I still find weird as he could be buying next year's premier League team if he keeps the best players.

But interesting!

Maybe as a sweetener to save himself a few million, but as others have said why accept fees now when higher ones would probably be on the way in January if he keeps up his good form.

Brylowes

The only sense would be if they need a sale the minute the window opens
That’s what I was thinking, a kind of gentleman’s agreement where a lot of the contractual detail is already sorted.
If we are to lose one of Hamer, O’Hare and Gyokeres, begrudgingly ‘and as much as I like him’ Hamer would be my choice, I just think out of the three we would find him easier to replace/ cope without.

Johnnythespider

I'm not sure Hamer would be in the side if we'd accepted an offer

CV22SBA

Is it even legal to make or accept an offer outside the transfer window? If so, what’s the point of it.

Users who are viewing this thread