What I was told today (3 Viewers)

long way home

If it happens Ashley will already know that MR is a key component in the clubs progress. He will not try to fix anything that isnt broken. He also knows MR works within a budget. Therefore he knows MR will not be banging down doors to ask for more. I have no doubt if Ashley took over MR wouldn't need to be either as the budget given would be a very competitive budget within the league.

MR remit and expectations will alter but if any manager in this league deserves backing its him. I don't see Ashley as a bad thing if he can bring altogether, i don't see it as a bad thing having him as an owner. Our club could suit him and his knowledge could be enough to bring much needed help and boost to a club on the up.

Last edited:

slowpoke

All of Hamrr, O'Hare and Gyokeres would be really big losses if we sold.

Of the three O'Hare would be the one we would miss the least. I hate saying that because I really like him and love watching him play for us.

Hamer is our best player so is the one I would least want us to sell. Gyokeres is the one who for whom we would get the biggest fee and we would have to make big changes in how we play.
Not with Sepalla still here she will trouser the vast bulk of any fee received.

stevefloyd

If it happens Ashley will already know that MR is a key component in the clubs progress. He will not try to fix anything that isnt broken. He also knows MR works within a budget. Therefore he knows MR will not be banging down doors to ask for more. I have no doubt if Ashley took over MR wouldn't need to be either as the budget given would be a very competitive budget within the league.

MR remit and expectations will alter but if any manager in this league deserves backing its him. I don't see Ashley as a bad thing if he can bring altogether, i don't see it as a bad thing having him as an owner. Our club could suit him and his knowledge could be enough to bring much needed help and boost to a club on the up.
Ashley done pretty well getting £35 million for Carroll lol

The Philosopher

Unless SISU are trying to collate written offers for our best assets for negotiation tactics:

ie. (CBA to argue values, it’s for figurative reasons only)

MA: “your squad is worth twenty million tops”

Joy:”we have offers in writing of £15m for Gyok from Everton, Burnley bid £10m for Callum and Soton £10m for Hamer, Headed fax paper and everything, and have you seen Ben Sheaf’s stats.”

Brighton Sky Blue

Do really believe if Mike Ashley gets the club he would seriously consider any deals for these players in January with us steaming towards the play-off slots or better.

I think he would but any fees would be bigger simply because of there being less pressure to sell.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Mike Ashley is a hard nosed businessman and it just so happens the opportunity may be here for him to make money. He has absolutely no interest personally in Coventry City FC whatsever.
I remember him wearing a Newcastle shirt for the cameras and no doubt he'll stick on a Cov top for the supporters. He'll invest whatever is needed to keep City in the championship but I guess he's astute enough to know that if it's not cost effective for us to survive in the Prem he won't be too bothered. Whatever else he has come here for business wise will always be the priority.

fernandopartridge

Surely no other club knowing our financial position (which Dave Boddy regularly broadcasts and contributes to the worsening of) is going to agree a deal with us now for a player to be sold in January. Why would you? Our bargaining position is weak.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Mike Ashley is a hard nosed businessman and it just so happens the opportunity may be here for him to make money. He has absolutely no interest personally in Coventry City FC whatsever.
I remember him wearing a Newcastle shirt for the cameras and no doubt he'll stick on a Cov top for the supporters. He'll invest whatever is needed to keep City in the championship but I guess he's astute enough to know that if it's not cost effective for us to survive in the Prem he won't be too bothered. Whatever else he has come here for business wise will always be the priority.
If anything I think he sees the money is in the prem. I think he’s the type likely to invest to get into the prem and then the bare minimum to stay there.

junglej13

Ashley also likes a little gamble. I honestly think a £1.5m transfer gamble in January (loan striker, RWB and a CB) would see us in with a fighting chance of the play offs.

Sky Blue Harry H

but I guess he's astute enough to know that if it's not cost effective for us to survive in the Prem

Whaaaaaaaaaaaattttttt ?!

How can it not be cost effective for us to survive in the Prem.

It's a fecking gold mine if you survive in the Prem. If Ashley buys us in The Championship, even if he forks out £50m, and we get in the PL, he 's already hit the jackpot (even if we went straight back down)

Grendel

If you remotely understood the game - you would see that both players have been key to the success of our team playing in very different roles.

True you know a good striker when you see one

Flying Fokker

Fair chance you are wrong. How did Newcastle fair under him? There’s money to be made of course. ACL, investment in the squad, Premiership. If we yo-yo from prem , he’s still making money.

CCFC_Irish

Not entirely true. I read somewhere the Americans see the football market as having huge financial potential and lags way behind the NFL model. It is why so many Americans want in on football. Look at Wrexham, all Reynolds has to do is get them them through a few divisions and will probably make a huge profit ...his marketing alone would bring lots of money in and interest in Wrexham.

Colin Steins Smile

Not entirely true. I read somewhere the Americans see the football market as having huge financial potential and lags way behind the NFL model. It is why so many Americans want in on football. Look at Wrexham, all Reynolds has to do is get them them through a few divisions and will probably make a huge profit ...his marketing alone would bring lots of money in and interest in Wrexham.
The value of the US dollar against the £ Sterling is an added reason for Americans to view football teams here as potentially attractive, especially in comparison to the cost of major US teams.

blunted

The value of the US dollar against the £ Sterling is an added reason for Americans to view football teams here as potentially attractive, especially in comparison to the cost of major US teams.
In the US, they think there is way more potential for streaming services to pay top dollar for Prem matches. Hence, they think £2.odd billion for Chelsea was cheap. Also why they are looking at Bournemouth.

DannyThomas_1981

True you know a good striker when you see one

Desperate stuff.

Maybe take the day off and do something more useful than post the usual nonsense on here or searching through historic threads like a lunatic.

RegTheDonk

Do really believe if Mike Ashley gets the club he would seriously consider any deals for these players in January with us steaming towards the play-off slots or better.
The big money is in the Prem, can't see any point in buying the club if he's going to cash in and risk us festering in the Champ.

Grendel

Desperate stuff.

Maybe take the day off and do something more useful than post the usual nonsense on here or searching through historic threads like a lunatic.

Its you that posted nonsense - here O hare and his form was down to - you’ve guessed it - lumberlonga Max

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The reason they think it has potential is because they're used to the franchise system whereby fans blindly keep pumping in money cos if they don't the owners will move the team, and similarly local authorities bend over backwards to help them.

I'm sure they'd like to implement that in football without realising it'd likely lead to a lot of disenfranchisement from the sport for many fans. Of course certain big clubs will argue about being able to negotiate their own deals and there is money to be made there, but it'd just make the gulf so big it'd be worthless anyone but about 6 clubs even trying. It'd be such a shit spectacle. Again, they're used to their model of the draft, which we don't have as each club develops their own talent in academies, so fans of lesser clubs can hope to become more competitive by getting the best players for being failures.

jim20

Does anyone think that Mike Ashley is interested in the CBS alone and has no interest in CCFC?

skyblu3sk

Does anyone think that Mike Ashley is interested in the CBS alone and has no interest in CCFC?

giphy.gif

Gibbo

If anything I think he sees the money is in the prem. I think he’s the type likely to invest to get into the prem and then the bare minimum to stay there.
Then why did he invest in Oldham for three years? And briefly rename their stadium the Sports Direct Stadium?

Thankfully it is once again Boundary Park (where I saw my first ever professional football match aged 9 - my parents were trying to discourage me, but I loved it)

Users who are viewing this thread