Fuming (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We have Godden who is the only striker probably just about good enough for this level. Walker we don't know yet, Biamou and Bakayoko no where near.

We have missed more than our fair share of chances in the last few seasons, but at this level you don't go away with it. That Bolton game last season was horrific and there were so many incidents like it. This year chances have been fewer, but we have had more than enough to score quite a few more goals.

Forest commentary was correct. It was daylight robbery. That's something I don't think we are capable of. Defensively we have been shitter obviously, but the attackers need to be better otherwise we will go down.

DannyThomas_1981

List his assets it takes less typing
Sure.
He's the best athlete at the club, probably the only player who can lead the line using his physicality and hold the ball up.
He brings others into play; it's no coincidence that O'Hare was back to near his best tonight as Max was creating space for him. He creates space for the midfield runners and his strike partners.
He is a great striker of the ball and certainly has the best technique at the club when it comes to volleys.
He has significantly improved the team from the time he's been back; as confirmed by Hamer and his selection by Robins and Viveash.
But of course you're a better judge of a player than the pros and coaches.

Brighton Sky Blue

We have Godden who is the only striker probably just about good enough for this level. Walker we don't know yet, Biamou and Bakayoko no where near.

We have missed more than our fair share of chances in the last few seasons, but at this level you don't go away with it. That Bolton game last season was horrific and there were so many incidents like it. This year chances have been fewer, but we have had more than enough to score quite a few more goals.

Forest commentary was correct. It was daylight robbery. That's something I don't think we are capable of. Defensively we have been shitter obviously, but the attackers need to be better otherwise we will go down.

We had the chances at Boro, Brentford, Bristol, to name a few. Sometimes not many but still glorious chances you know we wouldn't get away with at the other end

Brighton Sky Blue

Sure.
He's the best athlete at the club, probably the only player who can lead the line using his physicality and hold the ball up.
He brings others into play; it's no coincidence that O'Hare was back to near his best tonight as Max was creating space for him. He creates space for the midfield runners and his strike partners.
He is a great striker of the ball and certainly has the best technique at the club when it comes to volleys.
He has significantly improved the team from the time he's been back; as confirmed by Hamer and his selection by Robins and Viveash.
But of course you're a better judge of a player than the pros and coaches.

This post is on par with dongo's comparison of Thorn to Fergie

Brighton Sky Blue

Go on then - contradict anything I have written.

He is a great striker of the ball and one of the best volleyers at the club but missed from point blank on Friday plus missing more gilt edged chances tonight.

We improved because we changed to a formation that better suited us and ditched the box. The truth is having anyone as a strike partner up with Godden would be superior to having him isolated as before. If Walker were fully fit he'd have started instead.

Sorry Danny I know he's a hard worker but he isn't the answer-just all we've got

Blind-Faith

Just seen Wycombe won away at blues, fucking pissed off now I have to say! How the bloody sweet Jesus have they managed that????

DannyThomas_1981

He is a great striker of the ball and one of the best volleyers at the club but missed from point blank on Friday plus missing more gilt edged chances tonight.

We improved because we changed to a formation that better suited us and ditched the box. The truth is having anyone as a strike partner up with Godden would be superior to having him isolated as before. If Walker were fully fit he'd have started instead.

Sorry Danny I know he's a hard worker but he isn't the answer-just all we've got

Mate - I come in peace and I realize we have different opinions.

The real problem with your argument is that when we played AB up front with God a few games back it was a disaster. So it's not true that we can play anyone up front with God.

As for missing from point blank range on Friday; Paul Cook was waxing lyrical about Max's technique.

Tonight Max hit the ball perfectly after getting into a great position - he hit the post. This happens in football and even the most elite strikers don't always hit the target.

Max is a highly decent front man and I hope he plays a big part this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Mate - I come in peace and I realize we have different opinions.

The real problem with your argument is that when we played AB up front with God a few games back it was a disaster. So it's not true that we can play anyone up front with God.

As for missing from point blank range on Friday; Paul Cook was waxing lyrical about Max's technique.

Tonight Max hit the ball perfectly after getting into a great position - he hit the post. This happens in football and even the most elite strikers don't always hit the target.

Max is a highly decent front man and I hope he plays a big part this season.

I meant in the setup we chose to play with. Bakayoko isn't the answer either and I'm more of the opinion we should have offloaded both of them to bring in a better Number 9. Problem is we recruited with the intention to play one up front and such a move would have made little sense. Now we know the box is bust and in January I think it's something we should revisit if we're not stranded in the bottom 3 by then

cc84cov

I meant in the setup we chose to play with. Bakayoko isn't the answer either and I'm more of the opinion we should have offloaded both of them to bring in a better Number 9. Problem is we recruited with the intention to play one up front and such a move would have made little sense. Now we know the box is bust and in January I think it's something we should revisit if we're not stranded in the bottom 3 by then
I can see a big gap opening up soon down there we need to stay in it till jan and stop conceding goals possibly bringing in a target man

Brighton Sky Blue

I can see a big gap opening up soon down there we need to stay in it till jan and stop conceding goals possibly bringing in a target man

If we don't sort it out we'll concede 100+ this season and nobody deserves to stay up if they do that.

SlowerThanPlatt

We have 8 points which is something they haven’t got yet

1 more point than a team who many on here think aren’t deserving to play at this level isn’t an achievement.

The point being made is we get a good result then don’t follow it up - QPR, Swansea and then Reading

larry_david

What's really worrying is were clearly having opportunities to win, not taking them and then double whammy, giving away the draws.

Brighton Sky Blue

What's really worrying is were clearly having opportunities to win, not taking them and then double whammy, giving away the draws.

Any of the gluttony of chances against Bristol, Godden's open goal against Brentford, Shipley's tap in at Boro, O'Hare against Swansea, it all adds up

larry_david

Any of the gluttony of chances against Bristol, Godden's open goal against Brentford, Shipley's tap in at Boro, O'Hare against Swansea, it all adds up
Exactly. Ostigard header today was awful. Should have scored. Shipley tap in he bottled. Max post today unlucky but rebound avoids everyone, should have put Bristol to bed. Hit the bar against Barnsley, o hare header open goal 2 yards ouut Swansea, Giles two attempts blocked on line Swansea. I mean we should be alot better off.

cc84cov

Exactly. Ostigard header today was awful. Should have scored. Shipley tap in he bottled. Max post today unlucky but rebound avoids everyone, should have put Bristol to bed. Hit the bar against Barnsley, o hare header open goal 2 yards ouut Swansea, Giles two attempts blocked on line Swansea. I mean we should be alot better off.
Max has his bar & post in his 2 games

larry_david

Max has his bar & post in his 2 games
Luckily we scored from the other but yeah that's another.

Godden hitting the bar from a volley against Brentford. Mcfadz header offside Swansea I think. Someone else scored offside possibly wrongly.

Then there's the errors. Max tonight, sheaf to no one Fri against reading. Walker trying to skin 3 players against boro 40 yards out. Rose pen, red after 14 mins, mcfadz pen against qpr, drysdale pen against mk dons. Brentford first I'm sure we passed it away from our box to them.

Brighton Sky Blue

Luckily we scored from the other but yeah that's another.

Godden hitting the bar from a volley against Brentford. Mcfadz header offside Swansea I think. Someone else scored offside possibly wrongly.

Then there's the errors. Max tonight, sheaf to no one Fri against reading. Walker trying to skin 3 players against boro 40 yards out. Rose pen, red after 14 mins, mcfadz pen against qpr, drysdale pen against mk dons. Brentford first I'm sure we passed it away from our box to them.

Brentford's first goal was only possible because Giles slipped on his arse

Sick Boy

...but we’re not...

Saddlebrains

Im still angry this morning.

We all know Saturday is a write off, so already Birmingham is a must win. They will be down there at the end of the season.

In 10 games we've lost double what we did the whole of last season

Users who are viewing this thread