What happened to Haskell? (1 Viewer)

PIPSQUEEK

Amen brother, spot on.

WM

And what do you think SISU will do if they do get the Arena, Hold on though are they not a Hedgefund, and they buy into a buisness, get rid of bad bit's ( CCFC ) with 70 M dept , and then sell rest at PROFIT ( ARENA )and surrounding land and then and only then, they will go .

Only my view but what i have seen and heard of SISU i would not bet against it .

Houdi

I am being deadly serious, what you have to realise is at some point Sisu will cut their losses and go, this will only happen when they have a) Something worth selling or b) A succeesful enterprise, if they can achieve both and recoup all their investment they'd get out of Coventry that I am sure of. The only way to do this would be to purchase the Ricoh as cheaply as possible and ensure we maintain a higher league status. A third division Club means nothing to them and it's worth them keeping than selling.
Well at least you accept that they won't make any money by building a mythical stadium outside Coventry in front of 2000 fans. By admitting that the only way SISU can make any money is by buying the Ricoh as cheaply as possible, and that there is no viable alternative, then you have admitted SISU are in a dead end. The Council have said repeatedly that the Freehold is not for sale, and certainly not for a price SISU would pay. It is hard to perceive of any circumstance where CCC would willingly now sell the Ricoh to SISU.

olderskyblue

M&B Stand

I think you're wrong there.

We all want the club to own it but not under sisu. Hopefully the judicial review will go against them and they'll cut their losses and leave.

Hopefully then someone who has the best interests of the football club at heart, and more importantly treats the fans of this club with the respect they deserve can come in and sit down with the council/acl about freehold ownership and access to revenue streams.

Sisu are finished in Coventry,they'll never get their filthy hands on the Ricoh,the sooner they realise this and piss off the better.

I know what you mean but what happens if you don't like the next owner?

RoboCCFC90

Well at least you accept that they won't make any money by building a mythical stadium outside Coventry in front of 2000 fans. By admitting that the only way SISU can make any money is by buying the Ricoh as cheaply as possible, and that there is no viable alternative, then you have admitted SISU are in a dead end. The Council have said repeatedly that the Freehold is not for sale, and certainly not for a price SISU would pay. It is hard to perceive of any circumstance where CCC would willingly now sell the Ricoh to SISU.

The highlighted statement remains to be seen, I am not entirely convinced. Yes building a new stadium in Exhall would not represent a viable option for them I agree, are they willing to invest £25m? If so why not utilise it in negotiations for the Ricoh?

jesus-wept

Preston Heskell IV at the time I believe was for real, but I can't help feeling he was a Trojan horse for certain former chairmen and boardroom members to get back in the fold and get their hands on the club, not saying that would have been a bad thing. Now is PHIV waiting quietly in the wings for the cards to collapse and move in or has he gone away for ever ? I would be astonished if something wasn't prepared behind the scenes should our owners disappear but whether that ever comes to fruition is anyones guess

jesus-wept

The highlighted statement remains to be seen, I am not entirely convinced. Yes building a new stadium in Exhall would not represent a viable option for them I agree, are they willing to invest £25m? If so why not utilise it in negotiations for the Ricoh?
You name the price and I will give you 10 to 1 no stadium will be built anywhere near Exhall or Bayton Road.

Skyblueweeman

And what do you think SISU will do if they do get the Arena, Hold on though are they not a Hedgefund, and they buy into a buisness, get rid of bad bit's ( CCFC ) with 70 M dept , and then sell rest at PROFIT ( ARENA )and surrounding land and then and only then, they will go .

Only my view but what i have seen and heard of SISU i would not bet against it .

Sell CCFC as a club with a stadium which will be easier than selling CCFC without a stadium?!

WM

cloughie

It was all about the Ricoh and the Surronding land for PH4, like it was for Byng, we actually have more chance of Sisu getting us higher up the Football League Pyarmid then Byng or Haskell.

Fookin eck I have read it all now unbelievable, you do seem blinded by the sisu mist

The Gentleman

It was all about the Ricoh and the Surronding land for PH4, like it was for Byng, we actually have more chance of Sisu getting us higher up the Football League Pyarmid then Byng or Haskell.

Exactly how far up the pyramid have Sisu got us? Are you talking league position? Are you talking attendances? Are you talking good profit margins? Are you talking customer relations? Are you talking real investment in the squad? Maybe you are talking about another pyramid, I'm just not sure which one considering our current predicament.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly how far up the pyramid have Sisu got us? Are you talking league position? Are you talking attendances? Are you talking good profit margins? Are you talking customer relations? Are you talking real investment in the squad? Maybe you are talking about another pyramid, I'm just not sure which one considering our current predicament.

He didn't say they had, he said we have more chance with them (in his opinion)

The Gentleman

He didn't say they had, he said we have more chance with them (in his opinion)

I know Nick, but if after 6/7 years of Sisu doing what they have done, and people think the only other people who were/are interested in buying CCFC would have done worse, then we are truly fucked.

RoboCCFC90

You name the price and I will give you 10 to 1 no stadium will be built anywhere near Exhall or Bayton Road.

My personal opinion is that we will at some point in the future be back at the Ricoh, all I was doing with the quote you have highlighted is state that any finance they use to build a new stadium in Exhall or wherever woud be of better use putting into negotiations for the Ricoh.

luwalla

Seems that anyone with money who walks near the club gets linked as new owners. I think that it says more about the desperation of the supporters than the seriousness of the bids.

well , yes you could put it down to the fact that he walked near the club & he has a few quid... or you could put it down to the fact that he went public about putting in a bid to buy the club & then buy the ground.

Sky Blue Kid

@ NICK...[quote RoboCCFC90] "we actually have more chance of Sisu getting us higher up the Football League Pyarmid then Byng or Haskell."......................................................................................................................................This is not an opinion, he's stating this as FACT.

RoboCCFC90

Fookin eck I have read it all now unbelievable, you do seem blinded by the sisu mist

Do you two read anything other than what you first set sights on?

Here is my explanation later in the thread on Sisu:

I am being deadly serious, what you have to realise is at some point Sisu will cut their losses and go, this will only happen when they have a) Something worth selling or b) A succeesful enterprise, if they can achieve both and recoup all their investment they'd get out of Coventry that I am sure of. The only way to do this would be to purchase the Ricoh as cheaply as possible and ensure we maintain a higher league status. A third division Club means nothing to them and it's worth them keeping than selling.

It is known for a fact that Sisu wanted to make a quick profit on us by getting us to the Premier League, however for millions of reasons (70 million reasons in fact) they didn't achieve it.

Now back on topic with PH4, Byng and Sisu, do you realistically think that had Byng and his investors had come in we would of been the first priority in their plans? Byng and his investors wanted the land around the Arena for the rail network.

PH4 we will never know if he was serious or not about CCFC, if he wanted to purchase the Arena then he could of done so by now as the door has been wide open for him, but he hasn't, now I agree with an earlier post in this thread that PH4 won't purchase any stake in the Ricoh until he has the Club, but is the Club again his priority? If PH4 really wanted to own a Football Club he'd of purchased Leeds or made a serious offer for them when he had the chance.

Sisu need this Club to be succesful to have any chance of getting any of thier investment back, as I am sure that they will not stick around longer than they really need to, the quckest way to do this as I said in my earlier post (which I quoted again for your benefits) is to purchase the Ricoh and get the Club to Championship, at this point they will have a Club worth selling, in a better state than when they had picked it up.

Gent you list a bunch of questions but you are fully aware of what I mean, yes of course we have fallen to the third teir, yes attendances have dwindled (not really an argument as they were coming down anyways), yes the revenue is a lot less then what it was when they first came in (but they reduced their costs, which were totally insufficient to the revenue they were generating when you consider that previous owners sold other revenue rights of the Club's to the Alan Higgs), customer relations are a shambles as we are all aware, yes they don't have money to throw at the squad (after all a Club has to live within it's means and we are paying the price for that not being the case), but we have the best manager for the playing staff that we have had arguably in years, we have players who now seem dedicated to playing for the shirt and the City itself not journeyman looking for a wage, we have an exciting brand of Football being played which under the right roof would bring fans into see and with the right finances could lead the Club into a higher status then when first found.

Yes Sisu have been a total disaster since they stepped into the club for millions of reasons, however we were in a mess beforehand and Coventry City Football Club was a ticking timebomb waiting to happen.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

@ NICK...[quote RoboCCFC90] "we actually have more chance of Sisu getting us higher up the Football League Pyarmid then Byng or Haskell."......................................................................................................................................This is not an opinion, he's stating this as FACT.

It is my opinion of course, but I do believe also that my opinion holds many valid facts.

Sky Blue Kid

@ RoboCCFC90..............Sorry mate, but read this......."Actually" ˈaktjʊəli,-tʃʊ-/ adverb adverb: actually 1. as the truth or facts of a situation.

RoboCCFC90

@ RoboCCFC90..............Sorry mate, but read this......."Actually" ˈaktjʊəli,-tʃʊ-/ adverb adverb: actually 1. as the truth or facts of a situation.

As I said SBK it is my opinion I do believe it is factual, many will disagree of course hence an opinionated fans forum ;)

Noggin

I can't believe you believe what you are writing Robbo, there is no way sisus plan involves getting us to the championship, with a little investment and paying the rent last year we'd have had a good chance of achieving it, this year with a little investment any paying what acl were owed we'd have had a great chance this year. Instead they have sold more players making our squad weaker, the 2 best chances of getting us to the championship have past and if we lose the players who are clearly running down their contracts (or haven't been offered a decent one) which we almost certainly will we have zero chance of getting promoted next year in fact we have a decent chance of relegation (in fact we arn't quite safe from that now) SISU have been lucky this year, now some of that luck is down to waggots skill in hiring presley of course but we have seriously out performed what the thin, threadbare, young squad with tiny investment should have achieved, unfortunately it looks like we will lose a significant amount of that talent in the summer and we've already lost our top scorer.

We have a manager that isn't keen on loans and next year look like we are going to have a squad full of them, that said if it goes like that perhaps we will no longer have a manager that doesn't like loans.

I don't see much at all to be excited about for next season unless the JR changes things, it's only downhill from here.

The Gentleman

It is known for a fact that Sisu wanted to make a quick profit on us by getting us to the Premier League, however for millions of reasons (70 million reasons in fact) they didn't achieve it.

Now back on topic with PH4, Byng and Sisu, do you realistically think that had Byng and his investors had come in we would of been the first priority in their plans? Byng and his investors wanted the land around the Arena for the rail network.

PH4 we will never know if he was serious or not about CCFC, if he wanted to purchase the Arena then he could of done so by now as the door has been wide open for him, but he hasn't, now I agree with an earlier post in this thread that PH4 won't purchase any stake in the Ricoh until he has the Club, but is the Club again his priority? If PH4 really wanted to own a Football Club he'd of purchased Leeds or made a serious offer for them when he had the chance.

Sisu need this Club to be succesful to have any chance of getting any of thier investment back, as I am sure that they will not stick around longer than they really need to, the quckest way to do this as I said in my earlier post (which I quoted again for your benefits) is to purchase the Ricoh and get the Club to Championship, at this point they will have a Club worth selling, in a better state than when they had picked it up.

Gent you list a bunch of questions but you are fully aware of what I mean, yes of course we have fallen to the third teir, yes attendances have dwindled (not really an argument as they were coming down anyways), yes the revenue is a lot less then what it was when they first came in (but they reduced their costs, which were totally insufficient to the revenue they were generating when you consider that previous owners sold other revenue rights of the Club's to the Alan Higgs), customer relations are a shambles as we are all aware, yes they don't have money to throw at the squad (after all a Club has to live within it's means and we are paying the price for that not being the case), but we have the best manager for the playing staff that we have had arguably in years, we have players who now seem dedicated to playing for the shirt and the City itself not journeyman looking for a wage, we have an exciting brand of Football being played which under the right roof would bring fans into see and with the right finances could lead the Club higher into a higher status then when first found.

Yes Sisu have been a total disaster since they stepped into the club for millions of reasons, however we were in a mess beforehand and Coventry City Football Club was a ticking timebomb waiting to happen.

I cannot be arsed arguing with you and to be honest there is nothing to argue about because your answers agree with my quote in that we are in fact further down the pyramid than when Sisu took over. With regards to answering your posts, I can answer anyone I choose to whether it is your first or last. Whether you have reservations about Haskell or Byng and prefer Sisu that is your choice but ask yourself one question, if one of those two did get us would we be playing in Northampton? Finally you say CCFC was a ticking timebomb waiting to happen, I disagree because we were a good sized family based club with potential and the chance to buy into the Ricoh via the Higgs share. In 6/7 years what have Sisu done for us (see questions I raised in my previous post)? Then look at the model of Southmpton, they were in a similar situation to us in 2009, admin, L1, no owners and not long moved to a new ground. Look what they did in 3/4 years with a good owner, now I know people will say how much money Liebherr has, but if you look at the money Sisu have wasted and are still wasting which if their estimations are correct upwards of 100 million if you factor in the new ground and losses at Sixfields, why haven't they done it? This is why I take exceptions to you and some of your posts like Sisu will take us higher up the pyramid.

Sky Blue Kid

There is nothing in your statement expressing this as your opinion, it comes across as you are stating facts mate. ;)

duffer

I think there's an option (c) here that you've overlooking.

I think SISU are also likely to ditch the club at the point that they realise that the gamble has failed, they're still taking losses, and there's no scope of them creating something that will turn a quick profit.

I think that happens when (or if) they can't get their hands on the Ricoh on the cheap, can't bear to rent off ACL (at whatever cost), and can't afford to build a new stadium.

Sooner or later one of those scenarios (a, b, or c) will play out. Most likely after the JR path is exhausted, I'd think.

I think there's no doubt that PH4 wanted the club and at least a stake in the stadium. Obviously he wanted to make a profit, as do most owners. There's absolutely no evidence that he could have done better or worse than SISU, but at least he had the trust of the people he was dealing with at ACL, and on that basis alone probably a better chance of working out a deal that suited the club.

To be clear SISU could have had all that, a share in ACL and the club, and the chance to negotiate for more, had they not taken the disastrous path they followed.

I'm not sure that PH4 would've done better than SISU, but given where we are now it's hard to see how he could have done much worse!

Grendel

I can't believe you believe what you are writing Robbo, there is no way sisus plan involves getting us to the championship, with a little investment and paying the rent last year we'd have had a good chance of achieving it, this year with a little investment any paying what acl were owed we'd have had a great chance this year. Instead they have sold more players making our squad weaker, the 2 best chances of getting us to the championship have past and if we lose the players who are clearly running down their contracts (or haven't been offered a decent one) which we almost certainly will we have zero chance of getting promoted next year in fact we have a decent chance of relegation (in fact we arn't quite safe from that now) SISU have been lucky this year, now some of that luck is down to waggots skill in hiring presley of course but we have seriously out performed what the thin, threadbare, young squad with tiny investment should have achieved, unfortunately it looks like we will lose a significant amount of that talent in the summer and we've already lost our top scorer.

We have a manager that isn't keen on loans and next year look like we are going to have a squad full of them, that said if it goes like that perhaps we will no longer have a manager that doesn't like loans.

I don't see much at all to be excited about for next season unless the JR changes things, it's only downhill from here.

Where would we be without the 10 point reduction - nearer to promotion or relegation?

Hobo

Gent you list a bunch of questions but you are fully aware of what I mean, yes of course we have fallen to the third teir, yes attendances have dwindled (not really an argument as they were coming down anyways), yes the revenue is a lot less then what it was when they first came in (but they reduced their costs, which were totally insufficient to the revenue they were generating when you consider that previous owners sold other revenue rights of the Club's to the Alan Higgs), customer relations are a shambles as we are all aware, yes they don't have money to throw at the squad (after all a Club has to live within it's means and we are paying the price for that not being the case), but we have the best manager for the playing staff that we have had arguably in years, we have players who now seem dedicated to playing for the shirt and the City itself not journeyman looking for a wage, we have an exciting brand of Football being played which under the right roof would bring fans into see and with the right finances could lead the Club into a higher status then when first found.

A classic case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Noggin

Where would we be without the 10 point reduction - nearer to promotion or relegation?

Thats why I said if they had paid acl what they owed with a little investment we'd have had a great chance of promotion, but lets get this straight, the 10 point deduction is 100% sisus fault. They deliberately didn't pay what they were legally required too even when ordered too by a judge and even though they could and despite the fact that not doing so was even more costly.

Sky Blue Kid

Hobo........A classic case of Stockholm Syndrome........................................................................................Right on the Bobbin mate.

RoboCCFC90

Noggin I understand where you are coming from but would you agree that a Club has to live within it's means? Now currently Sisu are investing a reported £3,000,000 a season while we tough it out Sixfields, now if we return to the Ricoh CCFC has to live within the revenue it generates which for any business is totally plausible, however we haven't been able to do that for several years, yes it impacts the playing squad, hence why we have had to cut costs, which is why we got relegated. Sisu don't want to keep chucking money into a bottomless pit, which is totally acceptable as they have found with experience (the RR Era) it doesn't always achieve results.

duffer

Noggin I understand where you are coming from but would you agree that a Club has to live within it's means? Now currently Sisu are investing a reported £3,000,000 a season while we tough it out Sixfields, now if we return to the Ricoh CCFC has to live within the revenue it generates which for any business is totally plausible, however we haven't been able to do that for several years, yes it impacts the playing squad, hence why we have had to cut costs, which is why we got relegated. Sisu don't want to keep chucking money into a bottomless pit, which is totally acceptable as they have found with experience (the RR Era) it doesn't always achieve results.

Remind me again, why are we 'toughing' it out at Sixfields, when we could be at the Ricoh, right now, and doing much better financially?

We didn't have to end up where we are, and we certainly don't need to stay there - trying to defend SISU's actions by saying this is the only way the club can become viable isn't a tenable argument, imho.

Noggin

A club should live within their means, I don't accept this is what sisu are doing at all, they have deliberately hurt their revenues, the fact we are at sixfields is completely their fault.

You said you belive sisus plan is to get us to the championship to sell us, the evidence is that is simply not true in the slightest, getting us relegated could have easily been prevented and the 2 best chances at promotion have been squandered through their own deliberate actions and they have pretty much killed any chance of it next year already. If they wanted to get more of their money back by having us in the championship they should be doing ALOT differently.

It's sisus actions that are impacting the playing squad, it's sisus actions that are hurting our revenue, it's sisus actions that have us in northampton, there is zero chance of them getting anything like what they say they have invested back through anysort of normal means.

You don't defend sisu but you certainly look on what is happened in an overly positive and sympathetic light along with looking at what another owner would have done in an overly negative light. Even though the people who would have been likely to take us over would have also had their bottom line as the most important thing to them it's almost certainly the case we'd still be massively better off than we are.

Users who are viewing this thread