What do you expect the Council to do? (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

chiefdave

Appleton said a lot of things but no one has explained why it couldn't be accepted outside the cva.

that never made sense to me. if a lease deal couldn't be signed legally then how did they manage to sign one at Sixfields? I think Appleton said you couldn't put it in the CVA but surely it could have been signed before the CVA?

italiahorse

Perhaps it wasn't offered outside of the CVA.

Thats the question that nobody can answer.
It does not have to be in the CVA but they could have agreed it before with a get out clause if SISU wanted it should ACL not sign the CVA.
This is the speculation.
Did SISU not pursue it for there own reasons which are also unknown. Or did ACL have conditions on top that SISU didn't like.
I could not see SISU rejecting a straight 150K unconditional offer.

Grappa

I could not see SISU rejecting a straight 150K unconditional offer.

Agreed. I seem to remember Fisher being quoted saying something about being 'stunned' by the offer at the time. That's why I find it hard to believe it was offered outside of the CVA.

Grendel

Has none of the anti-council got an answer for the above?

Specifically an answer to what - As your original post was factually inaccurate I lost interest.

skybluetony176

Specifically an answer to what - As your original post was factually inaccurate I lost interest.

you could always just answer the question posed by the thread title " what do you expect the council to do?". instead of hiding behind your quote "As your original post was factually inaccurate I lost interest".

tell us why its innacurate and then tell us what the council should do.

lewys33

If it was factually inaccurate maybe you could correct me? I am yet to read something of value that you have posted but Im all for change.

The only thing which is factually inaccurate - which I have admitted to - Is the £1.3mill in arrears. Yet nobody knows the real figure anyway ........

In reply to "has none of the anti-council got an answer for the above?" I am referring to who was the offer made to, if it was not made to anyone with any relevance? And if the lease offer could not be agreed outside of the CVA why was it that they could go and agree their own lease with northampton?

torchomatic

lewys33

If it was factually inaccurate maybe you could correct me? I am yet to read something of value that you have posted but Im all for change.

The only thing which is factually inaccurate - which I have admitted to - Is the £1.3mill in arrears. Yet nobody knows the real figure anyway ........

In reply to "has none of the anti-council got an answer for the above?" I am referring to who was the offer made to, if it was not made to anyone with any relevance? And if the lease offer could not be agreed outside of the CVA why was it that they could go and agree their own lease with northampton?

Where are the anti-council to answer all these questions??? Have you got nothing? Anything from Mr Grendel??

covboy1987

Why are people starting to turn on the Council just because some moronic MEP has held a meeting with Joy and discovered absolutely nothing??

Please tell me what you expect the council to do differently?

"Sell the Ricoh to Sisu/CCFC" - Why even bother discussing it when SISU/Joy want it for nothing? Especially not a worthy price to the tax payer!

"They should have accepted the CVA" - Why is that? To accept £590k of taxpayers money? Were the taxpayer not entitled to the £1.3 million rent owed? Is it not right that they are still entitled to a large amount if not all of the £590k?

I have said all along both sides are to blame, the council/ACL are no angels. But by trying to suggest the council should have done more is ridiculous. Just because Joy has had a meeting with an insignificant MEP means nothing. What is the point in meeting with this woman? She is doing nothing. That meeting with Joy discussed the past and nothing of current importance. Surely the council leader has more to worry about than talking about what has already happened?

The council & higgs should get together and buy the club for 30 million using haskel or byng as the front men

James Smith

So if you are in the know, who exactly was the 150K offer made to and why could SISU/Otium not consider it outside the CVA?.
Why is it not relavant?
TF initially said he would need to look at this, so it was offered in some form.
I have not seen this satisfactorily explained other than people saying it was not offered.
Please .............
Looking at this with my conspiratorial hat on, I think that the reason that this wasn't accepted was that it would have given money (any money) to ACL and that doesn't make Joy happy. Doesn't matter anymore as we'll have the new stadium in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread