What do you expect the Council to do? (3 Viewers)

Ashdown1

Those 9000 spaces went back to ACL when the club didn't pay it's rent.

Was there a reduction on the price of car-parking last season then without the clubs "extortionate" mark-up on them?

I think we both know that the parking was ridiculous, especially for a single person rolling up on his own, I can't argue with the point only that all those with fingers in the pie would do the same.

lordsummerisle

And look how that's worked out !!!
Maybe Sisu have missed a trick because the super fans currently going to sixfields would have paid double for their club !!!!

And the super fans not going still wouldn't have gone because it was too much, and the Ricoh is too difficult to get to, car parking is shite, no atmosphere and the pies are cold and the lager warm.

Absence certainly making the heart grow fonder with the Ricoh.

lordsummerisle

Err actually, they were very rarely filled to more than I'd guess 60% capacity anyway.

Maybe they shouldn't have had such horrendous( in fact doubly horrendous if they were the same price as the club sold them with their extortionate additions) mark-ups on them?

Postman Pat

Let me give you a few more scenarios ...... What IF the council wont sell the Ricoh to them because they want to put it under SISU or a SISU related company, not Coventry City FC therefore charging CCFC rent? What rent will they want to charge CCFC?

In my opinion the council are prepared to sell the Ricoh to a buyer, but to ensure the tax payer gets a good enough return on their investment they have set a price that SISU are not prepared to pay, therefore there is no point in any negotiations?

People forget very easilly ...... they made an offer of £150,000 rent for the year with no matchday revenues from food and drink (which is run by a seperate company if you remember)

- The reply was that the contract with Northampton was already done, which could cost the club too much to get out of.

So what difference would it make if they were to buy the Ricoh? They would have to pay northampton a large sum of money to get out of the contract (if what they say is true ........ )

They didnt make the offer of 150k to the club tho according to Appleton as they wouldnt talk to them,this is my arguement what were CCFC/SISU supposed to do as no ground means no club.I think some people need to read statements/comments from people who were in the meeting and not just stories from people with another agenda.I think the club havent put there case over very well put even if they did a lot of people are so anti SISU that they dont want to hear.For me ACL/CCC have cost us ten points this season for nothing.

lordsummerisle

9,000 - every car park space in Coventry?

Yeah, one per fan!

Had an erroneous "0" in there, typo!

Car parking

ACL : Under the licence agreement the club gets 900 car park spaces – nearly 50% of the total. Temporary arrangements outlined above are in place, whilst the rent is being withheld. ACL’s proposed deal would reinstate the 900.
CCFC: No car parking received

Ashdown1

Maybe they shouldn't have had such horrendous( in fact doubly horrendous if they were the same price as the club sold them with their extortionate additions) mark-ups on them?

I know what you are getting at L/S but two wrongs don't make a right. Yes the council made more but SISU didn't fail to try and make a mark up either.

lordsummerisle

I know what you are getting at L/S but two wrongs don't make a right. Yes the council made more but SISU didn't fail to try and make a mark up either.

Less of a mark-up than ACL though, unless the 900 car spaces that ACL have always had were charged at a lower rate?

lewys33

They didnt make the offer of 150k to the club tho according to Appleton as they wouldnt talk to them,this is my arguement what were CCFC/SISU supposed to do as no ground means no club.I think some people need to read statements/comments from people who were in the meeting and not just stories from people with another agenda.I think the club havent put there case over very well put even if they did a lot of people are so anti SISU that they dont want to hear.For me ACL/CCC have cost us ten points this season for nothing.

CCFC Ltd. had ownership of the golden share to the football league, which at the time was in ownership of Appleton and of which Otium had won the bidding for. So how did they not make the offer to the club?

Was the amount gained from 9000 car rental spaces knocked off the rent bill?

I can't believe this has even been mentioned. You mean to say the council should have knocked money off the rent THEY WERE NOT PAYING because they took the spaces back?? Of course they would have paid then and this is obviously what the whole rent argument has been about. Unbelievable.

lordsummerisle

CCFC Ltd. had ownership of the golden share to the football league, which at the time was in ownership of Appleton and of which Otium had won the bidding for. So how did they not make the offer to the club?

I can't believe this has even been mentioned. You mean to say the council should have knocked money off the rent THEY WERE NOT PAYING because they took the spaces back?? Of course they would have paid then and this is obviously what the whole rent argument has been about. Unbelievable.

No, just off the total that was owed, which was worked out to be nowhere near the £1.2million figure that most people bandy about because they don't want to bother with facts but just emote uselessly instead.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well, it's true, but let me phrase it this way:
The Ricoh will see about 250.000 less punters (edit: per year). The businesses in and around the stadium will suffer revenue due to the vast reduced number of customers. Sponsor deals will decrease in value. Just about everything connected to the stadium will decrease in value.
They have passed the top of the business cycle. It's time to sell to somebody who can revert the downward spiral.

Revert the downward spiral just like they have with the club?

lewys33

No, just off the total that was owed, which was worked out to be nowhere near the £1.2million figure that most people bandy about because they don't want to bother with facts but just emote uselessly instead.

...... but they still owe money ........

what do you believe the figure to be then? I have used £1.3 million loosely but I know that is not the real figure.

lordsummerisle

...... but they still owe money ........

what do you believe the figure to be then? I have used £1.3 million loosely but I know that is not the real figure.

I think it was around the £590,000 figure they were offered with the CVA, as they had drawn down the £500,000 from the Escrow account.

There could be arguments over whether the escrow account money was the clubs, but nevertheless, ACL took it for unpaid rent.

italiahorse

Can we have a statement from both sides time lining the history of any offers up to the current situation.

ACL
1. What have you offered so far in terms of rental agreements and when, including any conditions attached ?
2. What have you valued the stadium at and what amount have you offered it to SISU ?

SISU
1. What rental, if any, have you offered and when, including any conditions attached.
2. What have you valued the stadium at and what amount have you offered to ACL ?

This will make a start.

stupot07

Unfortunately, in the real world, why should they.

Let's say you had a house and you agreed to rent it to a family for £600 per month. All was going well until the main bread winner lost their job and they expected the rent to drop to £300 because they couldn't afford what was previously agreed.

Now, unless you are up for sainthood, you would tell the family to pay up what was agreed or find somewhere else to live.

Does this sound familiar in any way?

Wouldn't said tenant downsize and move somewhere more affordable?

letsallsingtogether

How many times Tim will just deny it and say they offered it to joy and not me or they offered to me and not joy same old bullshit.
Publicly confirm their position and make a better offer to CCfc that if rejected shows up sisu's intentions more clearly or they accept it

Postman Pat

Im sure Appleton said they didnt recognise Otium at the first cva meeting and were told th change the terms of offer accordingly.Infact Les Reid tweeted on 2/8 at 2.38 and i quote-Shocking that ACL/CCC put fwd something not compliant with the terms of the insolvency act and cant sort it in few days.

James Smith

As I've just said in another thread let's just do that and leave ACL to their own devices.

Postman Pat

Can we have a statement from both sides time lining the history of any offers up to the current situation.

ACL
1. What have you offered so far in terms of rental agreements and when, including any conditions attached ?
2. What have you valued the stadium at and what amount have you offered it to SISU ?
This would be a great starting point as i cant see the point in the Sky Blue Trust just targetting Sisu we need all of the facts out there.
SISU
1. What rental, if any, have you offered and when, including any conditions attached.
2. What have you valued the stadium at and what amount have you offered to ACL ?

This will make a start.

italiahorse

But if he was the only family in Coventry that required 12 bedrooms and no other family could afford it (bedroom tax !) he might be able to negotiate a deal while he is temporarily jobless.
He has aspirations to get a better job and with a little investment in himself he knows where he wants to be, so he agrees a stepped payment until he gets there.

Or, he could leave his wife and kids in Coventry roaming the streets while he takes a couple of his more favoured kids to another county while he works out his life.
He promises the others he will return and in the meantime any other kids his wife has he will try and make it up to them when he returns.
He has a vague hope that the council will give him a house for his family but he does not want to work for it.
He blames the council for his position and remains unemployed for the rest of his life in another county.
His wife and kids cannot be found but people reckon that they have moved to a villa in Birmingham.

Paxman II

Arrh.. again some on here quoting stuff as they believe it and not the true facts.
I appreciate some of you can't follow proceedings all the time and I am one of them but posting stuff that is blindly inaccurate only causes more problems and confusion.
Why am I being so pesky? Because I'm fed up with the constant repeated false statements as fact for your arguments.

The 150k rent was not formally offered to the club. That's a fact. ACL have made no formal offer to Otium about a deal, any deal to come back to the Ricoh.
Also the escrow was taken by ACL for payment of the rent arrears (£500k) so the balance owing was some 700k give or take and that's why when the so called figure of £590k was to be received by ACL had they signed the CVA they would in effect had received all past due rent and moved forward.

As for the MEP and her '4 hour meeting'. What the hell did they talk about for so long? Did she get any indication from Sepella that she would consider a move back to the Ricoh permanently if a deal can be found? If not what took 4 hours?????

italiahorse

Arrh.. again some on here quoting stuff as they believe it and not the true facts.
I appreciate some of you can't follow proceedings all the time and I am one of them but posting stuff that is blindly inaccurate only causes more problems and confusion.
Why am I being so pesky? Because I'm fed up with the constant repeated false statements as fact for your arguments.

The 150k rent was not formally offered to the club. That's a fact. ACL have made no formal offer to Otium about a deal, any deal to come back to the Ricoh.
Also the escrow was taken by ACL for payment of the rent arrears (£500k) so the balance owing was some 700k give or take and that's why when the so called figure of £590k was to be received by ACL had they signed the CVA they would in effect had received all past due rent and moved forward.

As for the MEP and her '4 hour meeting'. What the hell did they talk about for so long? Did she get any indication from Sepella that she would consider a move back to the Ricoh permanently if a deal can be found? If not what took 4 hours?????

So if you are in the know, who exactly was the 150K offer made to and why could SISU/Otium not consider it outside the CVA?.
Why is it not relavant?
TF initially said he would need to look at this, so it was offered in some form.
I have not seen this satisfactorily explained other than people saying it was not offered.
Please .............

stupot07

But if he was the only family in Coventry that required 12 bedrooms and no other family could afford it (bedroom tax !) he might be able to negotiate a deal while he is temporarily jobless.
He has aspirations to get a better job and with a little investment in himself he knows where he wants to be, so he agrees a stepped payment until he gets there.

Or, he could leave his wife and kids in Coventry roaming the streets while he takes a couple of his more favoured kids to another county while he works out his life.
He promises the others he will return and in the meantime any other kids his wife has he will try and make it up to them when he returns.
He has a vague hope that the council will give him a house for his family but he does not want to work for it.
He blames the council for his position and remains unemployed for the rest of his life in another county.
His wife and kids cannot be found but people reckon that they have moved to a villa in Birmingham.

It is a shit analogy.

Grendel

So if you are in the know, who exactly was the 150K offer made to and why could SISU/Otium not consider it outside the CVA?.
Why is it not relavant?
TF initially said he would need to look at this, so it was offered in some form.
I have not seen this satisfactorily explained other than people saying it was not offered.
Please .............

I think its fairly obvious who it was offered to. As Appleton said at the time the ACL action was against insolvency laws.

Clue: think American with a silly name and mr Coventry.

J

Jack Griffin

I think its fairly obvious who it was offered to. As Appleton said at the time the ACL action was against insolvency laws.

Sigh, making it up again.

Back on topic....

I think ACL will offer pretty much the deal allegedly never offered, the council will agree to this.. i.e. £150K rent in this division & a cut of F&B & parking..
However I suspect the deal won't be accepted by SISU..
All we can do is wait & for my part I'll not be spending any more money with the club until they come back to the Ricoh.. I don't believe they'll ever build a stadium and I ain't going to comment on other scenarios.

italiahorse

Appleton said a lot of things but no one has explained why it couldn't be accepted outside the cva.

Grendel : that does not explain anything, it just confuses.

stupot07

Sigh, making it up again.

Back on topic....

I think ACL will offer pretty much the deal allegedly never offered, the council will agree to this.. i.e. £150K rent in this division & a cut of F&B & parking..
However I suspect the deal won't be accepted by SISU..
All we can do is wait & for my part I'll not be spending any more money with the club until they come back to the Ricoh.. I don't believe they'll ever build a stadium and I ain't going to comment on other scenarios.

Why haven't they already offered it ccfc post CVA? And I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure F&B's weren't offered as part of the £150k deal.

torchomatic

If the MEP is moronic what does that make Lucas?

Why are people starting to turn on the Council just because some moronic MEP has held a meeting with Joy and discovered absolutely nothing??

Please tell me what you expect the council to do differently?

"Sell the Ricoh to Sisu/CCFC" - Why even bother discussing it when SISU/Joy want it for nothing? Especially not a worthy price to the tax payer!

"They should have accepted the CVA" - Why is that? To accept £590k of taxpayers money? Were the taxpayer not entitled to the £1.3 million rent owed? Is it not right that they are still entitled to a large amount if not all of the £590k?

I have said all along both sides are to blame, the council/ACL are no angels. But by trying to suggest the council should have done more is ridiculous. Just because Joy has had a meeting with an insignificant MEP means nothing. What is the point in meeting with this woman? She is doing nothing. That meeting with Joy discussed the past and nothing of current importance. Surely the council leader has more to worry about than talking about what has already happened?

Users who are viewing this thread