What do we still need (1 Viewer)

jabharty

Need a proven goalscorer with some pace. Thing is, L1 defenders are amazingly slow and a lot of them turn like buses. Was so easy for Wilson to tear them to shreds last season.
Need a Gary Jones type hard man in midfield who will do the dirty work that Fleck isn't so brilliant at.
Does anyone know much about James Maddison? A few new signings mentioned him as a talent, but I've never really seen him. Quick/skillful?

shmmeee

Need a proven goalscorer with some pace. Thing is, L1 defenders are amazingly slow and a lot of them turn like buses. Was so easy for Wilson to tear them to shreds last season.
Need a Gary Jones type hard man in midfield who will do the dirty work that Fleck isn't so brilliant at.
Does anyone know much about James Maddison? A few new signings mentioned him as a talent, but I've never really seen him. Quick/skillful?

Have a look at the video in the U18s thread. He looks a bit good.

Pete in Portugal

From what I have seen we did on the right and got forward a fair bit. On the left we seemed to cut across once we reached the half way line.

The big problem we have is lack of height. We were a force going forward and keeping the ball, but once the ball was in the air it was lost. What is the use of using wing backs if we don't have anyone to cross the ball to?

I agree that we're short of height in central mid-field and up front. But crucially, we are also short of pace up front. So we need one tall/strong central (holding) midfielder, one tall/strong striker and one tall pacey striker. I believe that's the minimum we need, if we are to have any chance of a play off position. The trouble is that it's highly unlikely that we'd get 3 players of that quality for free - especially the strikers. The fact that we did not get Michael Higdon, illustrates this point only too well. I understand the need to cut back expenditure, but I think the policy of not paying a transfer fee for anyone, is just too rigid. It will consign us to mid-table mediocrity at best.

Sky_Blue_Daz

A young Lloyd mcgrath, a 1999 gary McAllister and a full season from john hartson

Users who are viewing this thread