What do we still need? (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueSam01

Id personally like one of our new CBs to be in the Ben Turner/Richard Keogh mould

A cult hero type who just throws themself in front of everything

The others can be actual decent defeners who know where to stand

SBT

Pretty hilarious that we currently have three times as many senior keepers on the books than we have CBs.

Martin180

Pretty hilarious that we currently have three times as many senior keepers on the books than we have CBs.
Funny GIF

Batu1969

IMO 3 more CBs (AFTER Madame Latty-Bovary), 2 more strikers (3 if we sell Godden), 2 more right backs (don’t see Tatsu playing that deep), 1 more left back (assuming Bidwell will swap between LB and CB). And one player to challenge or replace Gus… a really tall order.

Can’t see Robins getting more than half of that though.

Speedie's Head

Wouldn't be too disappointed if they were for the short term and see who's available in January
Not usually very much doing in January. Didn't we pay £1m for Tyler? That'll be more like 2 or 3 in today's market and a senior, proven goal scorer perhaps better on a free I would think. Otherwise it's kids on loan. I can't see how they get game time unless we're unlucky with injuries so that might complicate things...

Telfer85

Think I’d prob go

4 CB (2 left sided, 1 central and 1 right sided)
3 Fwd (partner for Simms, one good backup young prem loan, one experienced striker)
1RB
1CM
1 LW/LWB

A mixture of perms and loans. Think he will try and get someone versatile similar to Sakamoto on the left. More winger like than da silva so we can change to wingers in a game if our usual formation isn’t working against teams.

Should allow us to get the likes of Taveres and Howley out on loan for much needed first team experience too.

shmmeee

Yeah, thinking Moore, Bidwell and Godden may well go, which would mean 3 more strikers and definitely a LWB.

Telfer85

Yeah, thinking Moore, Bidwell and Godden may well go, which would mean 3 more strikers and definitely a LWB.
To be fair I’d forgotten about Godden lol by all accounts sounds like he had a good game tonight. Maybe with sakamoto we might get more balls into the box and play to his strengths. If he goes then we need that more experienced striker if he doesn’t I’d just sign a prem loan and another partner for Simms

shmmeee

To be fair I’d forgotten about Godden lol by all accounts sounds like he had a good game tonight. Maybe with sakamoto we might get more balls into the box and play to his strengths. If he goes then we need that more experienced striker if he doesn’t I’d just sign a prem loan and another partner for Simms

I like the idea of spreading our bets with two younger strikers to fight it out as Simms partner, then Godden or another older player.

Collins/Wilson/Tyler
RWB/Sakamoto
LWB/Dasilva
RCB/Latibeaudiere
CB/Fadz
LCB/LCB
CM/Hamer
Sheaf/Kelly/Eccles
AM/O'Hare/Palmer/Allen
ST/ST/Simms/Godden

Get Burroughs and Howley out on loan.

Loan in AM, LCB and a wingback. Sign everyone else.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Goes without saying, quality defenders all successful teams have top defenders it’s essential, not sure where Joel L will play at the moment I’m assuming RWB on that basis imo we still need three CBs although with the right quality either side of him McFadz can do a job for a while.

Balli001

Goes without saying, quality defenders all successful teams have top defenders it’s essential, not sure where Joel L will play at the moment I’m assuming RWB on that basis imo we still need three CBs although with the right quality either side of him McFadz can do a job for a while.
Robins hinted at him playing centre back

Balli001

I like the idea of spreading our bets with two younger strikers to fight it out as Simms partner, then Godden or another older player.

Collins/Wilson/Tyler
RWB/Sakamoto
LWB/Dasilva
RCB/Latibeaudiere
CB/Fadz
LCB/LCB
CM/Hamer
Sheaf/Kelly/Eccles
AM/O'Hare/Palmer/Allen
ST/ST/Simms/Godden

Get Burroughs and Howley out on loan.

Loan in AM, LCB and a wingback. Sign everyone else.
Are you not counting bidwell?

Users who are viewing this thread