What are you snobby about? (1 Viewer)

AOM

ITV.

Much more likely to watch a drama on BBC than ITV and if I find any new show is on ITV, I am much more likely to turn my nose up.

🤷

Definitely this. Whenever I've watched a half decent series on ITV, I immediately assume it would be improved if on BBC or Sky Atlantic.
Broadchurch is probably the only exception

Covkid1968#

Bean to cup coffee …. Put that instant coffee shite in front of me and I get all snooty. Start quoting the exquisite differences in aroma and flavours depending on where the coffee bean originated from. I recognise myself as a complete wanker but can’t stop myself from doing it. The wife just apologises to people.

Otis

Bean to cup coffee …. Put that instant coffee shite in front of me and I get all snooty. Start quoting the exquisite differences in aroma and flavours depending on where the coffee bean originated from. I recognise myself as a complete wanker but can’t stop myself from doing it. The wife just apologises to people.
All coffee tastes the same to me. 🤷

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Comedy. Obviously subjective, but I really look down on Mrs Browns Boys, Big Bang Theory and any other series that fall into the "broad comedy" category. Urgh, it's barbaric
Absolutely agree. Anything with massive amounts of canned laughter telling us it's time to laugh.

Reactions: AOM

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Don't ever move to Scotland, fish and chips is called a fish supper irrespective of the time of day!? When growing up in Rugby it was always breakfast, dinner & tea but now it is breakfast, lunch & supper. Not sure your assumption that lunch is for posh people fits up here 😉
That's because I'm a complete inverted snob.

JAM See

Levi's are the best jeans.

No idea why, and no empirical evidence to back up that statement.

That makes me a snob.

Astute

My mother in law was a 100% snob.

She lived in a 2 up 2 down. She named the house Bramble Cottage. And if she got a letter addressed to her that didn't start with the name she gave it she would give you both barrels. When she heard my accent she told me I wasn't good enough for her daughter.

But at least our children are very well spoken. They sound nothing like me......

Brighton Sky Blue

I am not a fan of coffee to be honest, so I just load it all up with lots of sugar and milk anyway. Probably why it all tastes the same to me.
Find both tea and coffee disgusting, retry them every year just in case.

Otis

Find both tea and coffee disgusting, retry them every year just in case.
I used to love tea, but now, like you, I cannot stand the taste.

Used to have one spoon of sugar in tea. Have to have at least two spoonfuls in coffee.

I pretty much now just drink water.

shepardo01

Reading through, I don't think I'm a snob related to pretty much anything - food brands don't bother me, types of coffee, clothes (like decent stuff, but happy to buy nearly new off ebay etc now, whereas 25 years ago was full price designer from the shops)
But....when it comes to TV/Films etc, I have to watch it in the highest definition with the best sound possible!!!... have UHD package on Sky and also have decent tvs to get 4k through Netflix/Disney/Prime...
Got Dolby atmos sound on a couple of TVs too...
That is my snobbery!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Used to have one spoon of sugar in tea. Have to have at least two spoonfuls in coffee.

Never ceases to piss me off when tea and coffee are used as incentives to go to things like staff training or meetings, or offered as perks in hotel rooms.

While we're at it, the same goes for salmon-it's disgusting but it's assumed everyone likes it.

ovduk78

I used to love strong tea with very little milk & 1 1/2 sugars. Then I had a mild heart attack so sugar was replaced with sweeteners. Then I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic and the doctor told me not to take sweeteners as they are worse than sugar. I found a couple of more natural sweeteners truvia & stevia but they have little effect in sweetening tea. Now I have 1 cup of not so strong tea with very little milk and a stevia sweetener doing almost nothing per day. It's just not the same & getting old is shit!!

Astute

I only drink Nescafe. Can't be bothered with all the fancy types if coffee these days. Just a way of pushing the prices up to extortionate levels.

But when on my travels I struggle to get just an ordinary cup of coffee. They look at you gone out when you ask for one.

Astute

I used to love strong tea with very little milk & 1 1/2 sugars. Then I had a mild heart attack so sugar was replaced with sweeteners. Then I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic and the doctor told me not to take sweeteners as they are worse than sugar. I found a couple of more natural sweeteners truvia & stevia but they have little effect in sweetening tea. Now I have 1 cup of not so strong tea with very little milk and a stevia sweetener doing almost nothing per day. It's just not the same & getting old is shit!!
You should try Agave nectar made by Groovy Foods. Comes in a bottle. Looks like honey. Costs about £2.50 in Tesco's. Not had anyone notice the difference yet.

But be careful as it is very sweet. A level teaspoon is perfect for me.

ovduk78

You should try Agave nectar made by Groovy Foods. Comes in a bottle. Looks like honey. Costs about £2.50 in Tesco's. Not had anyone notice the difference yet.

But be careful as it is very sweet. A level teaspoon is perfect for me.
I've actually got some of that also so maybe that's the answer. I've been trying to like it less sweet but it isn't the same.

Grappa

Give erythritol a try if you haven't already. It's the closest to sugar that I've tried. And I've tried all of them. It was available in Morrisons the last time I was back in the UK.

ProfessorbyGrace

Hmm, probably coffee; has to be Douwe Egberts or Nescafé Gold Blend as the cheap stuff tastes like chemicals to me.

Biscuits: I can’t stand cheap chocolate digestives, so it’s McVities all the way.

I have to have fresh bread or Hovis, cos the cheaper stuff tastes awful.

Sparking water: I’m a proper fizzy water snob.

Not so much with clothing, but my jackets, jeans and trainers have to be decent quality cos I go through them like wildfire.

Funnily enough, I’ve never been ‘well off’, but have always preferred to spend a little bit more on quality. Even when I was a smoker, it’d always be Marlboro straights or Golden Virginia for roll ups.

Otis

Oohhhhh, carrier bags. I simply cannot bear to be seen with a Poundland or Home Bargains carrier bag.

I would much rather shop at Home Bargains, but put everything I buy into the M&S bag I have brought with me. 👍

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I often look in other people's shopping trolleys in our local Tesco to see if they're from the council estate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread