What are you snobby about? (1 Viewer)

CCFCSteve

Oohhhhh, carrier bags. I simply cannot bear to be seen with a Poundland or Home Bargains carrier bag.

I would much rather shop at Home Bargains, but put everything I buy into the M&S bag I have brought with me. 👍

love a bit of home bargains…pop in planning on grabbing a couple of items for a fiver…come out 30 quid later with four bags of domestic products, toiletries and sweets

duffer

Bean to cup coffee …. Put that instant coffee shite in front of me and I get all snooty. Start quoting the exquisite differences in aroma and flavours depending on where the coffee bean originated from. I recognise myself as a complete wanker but can’t stop myself from doing it. The wife just apologises to people.

I'm not for a moment saying you're wrong, but I'd always much prefer instant coffee to any of the posh stuff. And unless I'm dozing off, I'd always prefer a big mug of tea to either.

Despite all pretence to the contrary, I am a clearly a deeply uncivilised man, I apologise. 😁

robbiekeane

Never liked it, and pretty much the only fish I don't like
Now this is definitely sounding snobby - but have you definitely had decent salmon?

Add this to the list actually - fish. It was only when i became pescatarian and had to eat more fish to get any protein (used to hate fish unless it was just cod), that i realised that fish shouldn't smell or taste fishy at all. If it does, it's not fresh.

You should be able to smell a piece of raw salmon and it just smell like nothing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Now this is definitely sounding snobby - but have you definitely had decent salmon?

Add this to the list actually - fish. It was only when i became pescatarian and had to eat more fish to get any protein (used to hate fish unless it was just cod), that i realised that fish shouldn't smell or taste fishy at all. If it does, it's not fresh.

You should be able to smell a piece of raw salmon and it just smell like nothing.

It’s the only fish I’ve never liked the taste of. It looks more appetising raw than cooked, which might be a factor for me.

Sky Blue Harry H

Bad grammar. I had a boss who used to pronounce liaise as lie aise (drove me mad). I can rough it with the best (drink in The Wheatsheaf) but find myself wincing more at middle / upper class people who think they are smart, but aren't.

RedSalmon

Salmon, for some reason still much prefer a tin of John West Red Salmon to salmon steaks or slices of smoked salmon. Wife cannnot understand it.

Coffee, now it gets awkward. Never used to drink the stuff until I went to Australia on holiday, then fell totally in love with it. Got a decent machine and fresh beans and really do enjoy a good cup of coffee.

Biscuits, always like McVities Rich Tea biscuits, they are plain non fussy and not too sweet., and yes, I do have them with a cup of coffee.

Baked beans, always Heinz theses days although used to prefer HP but just don't see them anymore.

And I fucking hate it when the wife buys cheap cheese and insists it's just as good as the decent stuff I buy.

Lurpack butter or at a push Country Life, cannot stand margarine, the taste makes me gag.

Otis

Salmon, for some reason still much prefer a tin of John West Red Salmon to salmon steaks or slices of smoked salmon. Wife cannnot understand it.

Coffee, now it gets awkward. Never used to drink the stuff until I went to Australia on holiday, then fell totally in love with it. Got a decent machine and fresh beans and really do enjoy a good cup of coffee.

Biscuits, always like McVities Rich Tea biscuits, they are plain non fussy and not too sweet., and yes, I do have them with a cup of coffee.

Baked beans, always Heinz theses days although used to prefer HP but just don't see them anymore.

And I fucking hate it when the wife buys cheap cheese and insists it's just as good as the decent stuff I buy.

Lurpack butter or at a push Country Life, cannot stand margarine, the taste makes me gag.
I think Aldi's own brand baked beans are the best. I too used to prefer HP, but they stopped making them over here and they never tasted the same again.

And as for spreads, I will eat any of them. Never ever came across a spread I haven't liked. Usually have Flora, but will pretty much eat any of them.

Astute

Will have to give them a try, do miss HP though.

Also will only buy red sauce in a bottle.
Used to buy HP if I couldn't get Branston. Can never understand why Heinz has such a following. They normally come near the bottom of every taste test and are expensive compared to most of the others.

How else can you buy red sauce?

RedSalmon

Used to buy HP if I couldn't get Branston. Can never understand why Heinz has such a following. They normally come near the bottom of every taste test and are expensive compared to most of the others.

How else can you buy red sauce?
Should have said 'glass bottle', not one of those squeezy things.

Robinshio

so i like proper coffee and i like instant coffee (a decent one) But for me they are just 2 different drinks
I also like Lidl Cereal - clusters with chocolate, as good as the kelloggs for half the price
Apart from that I am not a brand snob, but unless its generic eg Eggs / salt etc stick largely to brands - albeit vary around them based on price etc

robbiekeane

No need to panic. Worcestershire sauce is still made in Worcester. :)
Only the Lea and Perrins 😛

Never actually liked Worcestershire sauce. I always remember an advert on tv in the nineties of people sticking it on cheese on toast and grilling it. Begged my mum to buy some and make it for me and had one bite and hated it. Got kids are dickheads

Grendel

While we're at it, a slightly absurd one but... spreadable sardine and tomato paste has to be Princes rather than supermarket brand.

Tastes great on toast! A nice artisan baked bread mind you!

Im amazed they still sell paste

Users who are viewing this thread