What are you snobby about? (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

Thought it could be an interesting thread. Daft answers only.

My one, and I’ve been the same since I was a kid is cereals. I cannot and will not eat cheap supermarket branded cereals. They taste like utter shite compared to the brand name ones.

parents used to put cheap ones in the bags into the Kellogg box and I could tell the difference and would flat out refuse to eat them.

Im not like it with any other food, doesn’t bother me. But fucking cereals! Pisses me off 😂

Last edited:

olderskyblue

My old mum, bless her, used to put Bell green on our address when she wrote to aunts, cousins etc. We lived in wood End…. Bell Green was so much posher :ROFLMAO:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

My mum always liked to say she lived in stivichelle and not Cheylesmore but the fact is we lived in Cheylesmore . You can tell. I can't spell stivichelle.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

She also would never put West Midlands as our address but always Warwickshire .
I don't blame her. I'm a Warwickshire snob..

Last edited:

SBT

Music, TV/films, books etc - if they’re not at least critically well-received by SOMEONE then I’m usually picky about them. I’m the miserable git at weddings who’ll find a reason not to dance to Don’t Stop Me Now etc

Other than that, beer is the only other thing - honestly can’t remember the last time I ordered a Carling etc, which is weird considering I’ll eat or drink pretty much anything else.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m pretty relaxed about most things but when we come to shopping it was to kellogs corn flakes , Heinz salad cream and Kenco for coffee . But weirdly I prefer cheap crisps to walkers

Hertsccfc

ITV.

Much more likely to watch a drama on BBC than ITV and if I find any new show is on ITV, I am much more likely to turn my nose up.

🤷
Agree with this, and it doesn't apply to Chanel 4.

Also I don't think I have ever watched anything on Chanel 5.

Sbarcher

Not me but my wife. Never calls the evening meal “dinner”. It has to be supper.

Flying Fokker

ITV.

Much more likely to watch a drama on BBC than ITV and if I find any new show is on ITV, I am much more likely to turn my nose up.

🤷
Never watched Magpie by choice. Always watch BBC Breakfast TV,rather than the other channel.

fernandopartridge

Cheap full English breakfasts from a greasy spoon. I don't really like the places peddling cheap deep fried sausages and cheap wet cure bacon so try to avoid.

Grendel

Supermarkets

fernandopartridge

My one, and I’ve been the same since I was a kid is cereals. I cannot and will not eat cheap supermarket branded cereals. They taste like utter shite compared to the brand name ones.

parents used to put cheap ones in the bags into the Kellogg box and I could tell the difference and would flat out refuse to eat them.

Im not like it with any other food, doesn’t bother me. But fucking cereals! Pisses me off
TBF it's a lot different these days, I agree that as a kid supermarket cereals stood out a mile but they don't anymore. Kellogg's are a rip off

ccfctommy

Im not like it with any other food, doesn’t bother me. But fucking cereals! Pisses me off 😂

Honestly. I swear to god. The Aldi version of Crunchy Nut cornflakes is far better then the Kellogg's ones!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

My parents were great TV snobs along, apparently, with many others of that generation who refused to watch ITV for years because it had adverts on it. It was BBC all the way.

ovduk78

It's breakfast, dinner and tea. I'm an inverted snob
Lunch is for posh people.
Don't ever move to Scotland, fish and chips is called a fish supper irrespective of the time of day!? When growing up in Rugby it was always breakfast, dinner & tea but now it is breakfast, lunch & supper. Not sure your assumption that lunch is for posh people fits up here 😉

ceetee

For a long time I had an aversion to any TV programme which required Sun readers to vote but have to admit I do now watch Strictly..

Users who are viewing this thread