What are you currently listening to? (4 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

John Lee Hooker done a version in 1966.
Great song.

Yes...after your earlier mention of Hooker I had a couple of hours listening to Hooker, Howlin Wolf and Lightning Hopkins etc. Then moved on to George Thorogood whilst in car and when this came on I thought I would post.
As you say a great song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

I've majored on some Hazel O'Connor at work tonight and thought I'd grace the site with a few of her tracks

Under recognised for her talent I think.
Apologies the syncing between video and sound is off here .
Said on the covers thread there is a touch of Marianne Faithful in the odd track .

Last edited:

clint van damme

Ultra Mono is out today. Waiting on the record being delivered. Absolutely love this band.

Just gave it a spin at the gym. Another cracker.
The young fella has got tickets for Glasgow Barrowlands next year. I wish I'd piled in but I'm not sure gigs will be back by then so didn't bother with them or Fontaines

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just caught up with the latest gossipmongers podcasts the chicken in the baby grow story was good

fernandopartridge

Picked up on Portishead's 'Dummy' being used on 'Two Weeks to Live' the other day.
Made me order a new CD copy to replace the one I misplaced years ago.
Can't get my head round the fact it's 20-odd years old. Still sounds fresh and innovative.
Yeah, easily one of the best albums of the 90s. Like you say it still sounds brilliant, an all time favourite record of all time mate!

Kneeza

One of the first albums I bought after I left school in '70.
Still play the hell out of it, mostly on cd, but occasionally that original vinyl graces the Rega.

Kneeza

Another of Cov's finest. Saw them at the Lanch SU supporting Free, and again at Foxford School. 1971. Keyboardist Bob Jackson went on to play with Badfinger, Pete Townsend, Pete Brown & Piblokto, and others

King of the Lesbians

Ultra Mono is out today. Waiting on the record being delivered. Absolutely love this band.

Just gave it a spin at the gym. Another cracker.
The young fella has got tickets for Glasgow Barrowlands next year. I wish I'd piled in but I'm not sure gigs will be back by then so didn't bother with them or Fontaines
Not sure if you caught it but Idles did a live session for Steve Lamacq last night.

Steve Lamacq - IDLES live in the BBC Radio Theatre - BBC Sounds

Utterly chaotic but having not been to a gig for fucking ages I'll take anything these days...

Mcbean

Result today i pulled two turntables out of the loft both non functioning turntable ( i wanna play my records) took the belt off one and peeled the perished one off the other with the result i am playing for the first time in god know how many years Atom Heart Mother which is 50 years old complete with scratches :D

for those who maybe have never tried it

ovduk78

Result today i pulled two turntables out of the loft both non functioning turntable ( i wanna play my records) took the belt off one and peeled the perished one off the other with the result i am playing for the first time in god know how many years Atom Heart Mother which is 50 years old complete with scratches :D

for those who maybe have never tried it

Sky Arts had a Pink Floyd day a couple of weeks ago & I managed to record Live at Pompeii from 1972, a documentary about Wish You Were Here, The P.U.L.S.E tour from 1995 and Roger Waters Us and Them tour from 2018 which I saw in Glasgow. Bloody Brilliant!!!!

Mcbean

Sky Arts had a Pink Floyd day a couple of weeks ago & I managed to record Live at Pompeii from 1972, a documentary about Wish You Were Here, The P.U.L.S.E tour from 1995 and Roger Waters Us and Them tour from 2018 which I saw in Glasgow. Bloody Brilliant!!!!
My back is in the Pulse video with my wife we are in front of the mixing desk when the glitter ball is running :D - best ever concert - saw Waters at Hyde Park on that tour - fantastic sound - was a good night on SkyArts which is now free

wingy

This old one always gives me a chuckle .
Parents worried it would corrupt their kid's .
I remember liking it so much it turned my kid's right off,Lol.
Funny what time can do as I was listening to Dido's (topical name) Thank you,expecting Eminem to bust in with a sample .

Users who are viewing this thread