What are you currently listening to? (4 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

On Twitter Tim Burgess from the Charlatans (don’t like them but he’s an interesting guy) is doing a “listen party” where they play an album in full & one of the band tweets about the making of each song, and they just did New Order, Technique with Stephen Morris (interesting factoid: the song below was named to make sure he remembered to pay a parking fine )

Not only is it a great album, but as a teenager tired of the same old guitar music, but not old or knowledgeable enough to be able to properly get into the new electro/ house scene emerging (no internet back then!), and desperate for something new, this was an epiphany, a bridge between ‘old’ music and the future. We’d had the second summer of love, The Eclipse in Cov was not long away from becoming the centre of the dance music world, there was excitement in the air everywhere, I don’t think we’ve had a “youth movement” like it since, it was lightning in a bottle for about 18mths & that was me hooked. For me at least, this album was the gateway to it all. Great times.

One of my favourite song intros ever, easy top 5 New Order track imho.

bringbackrattles

Day off due to the rain. Writing a football article whilst listening to the best of Rory Gallager which has some of his time with Taste. What a talent he was. 🎸🎸

wingy

Had a 3 disc album of Depeche mode tracks ,one of which were re-interpretated versions .
This was one.
Should put it in cover's I suppose.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bee Gees one night in Vegas concert
I hope after lockdown Barry Gibb tours again fantastic body of work

Users who are viewing this thread