What are you currently listening to? (9 Viewers)

Mcbean

Watched an excellent doc on Eel pie Island last night ( BBC4) - used to live not far but just too young to get into the hedonism that went on - but it really was the start of the music scene in London - ironically it talked about a Jazz legend at the beginning who went to the US to play Jazz blues with black performers in New Orleans - got some to come back to play at the hotel - two tone beginnings - as it went on the bands that i know better also played there including Stray - Del Bromham from Stray was interviewed - met one of the women who they interviewed as a visitor some years ago - she s a writer - Houch , BBR defo one for you

bringbackrattles

As I've been listening to Absolute Rock a lot lately they play this track it seems at least once a day every day. And it's by the Police a band I never really got into to be honest. And got to admit I think it's brilliant: Synchronicity 11 have heard it countless times now, and still love it.

wingy

As I've been listening to Absolute Rock a lot lately they play this track it seems at least once a day every day. And it's by the Police a band I never really got into to be honest. And got to admit I think it's brilliant: Synchronicity 11 have heard it countless times now, and still love it.
Big fan of theirs BBR apart from Zinyata Mondays album .
Saw them five times
Wouldn't pay the ridiculous price for the reunion gigs however .. Synchronicity 1 weren't bad either ,even though it sounds a bit speeded up.lol.

bringbackrattles

Saw them five times
Wouldn't pay the ridiculous price for the reunion gigs however .. Synchronicity 1 weren't bad either ,even though it sounds a bit speeded up.lol.

Prefer synchronicity 2 got a harder edge to it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Saw them five times

I was in a private hospital in North London many years ago and when you had finished physio treatment for the day, you could wander off as long as you let staff know. Anyway, me and another bloke decided to have a wander round the local area and ended up in the Old Bull & Bush pub in Hampstead. While we were supping our pints, in walked this tall, blonde bloke in a full length, long leather coat, followed by two huge beefy, shaven-headed geezers. It was Sting. Dunno what he was doing in there, but he just disappeared into a side room.

bringbackrattles

I was in a private hospital in North London many years ago and when you had finished physio treatment for the day, you could wander off as long as you let staff know. Anyway, me and another bloke decided to have a wander round the local area and ended up in the Old Bull & Bush pub in Hampstead. While we were supping our pints, in walked this tall, blonde bloke in a full length, long leather coat, followed by two huge beefy, shaven-headed geezers. It was Sting. Dunno what he was doing in there, but he just disappeared into a side room.
Quiz Question. Why was he called Sting ?

JAM See

Spot on. He had a jumper he wore often and the pupils said he looked like a bee or wasp. So it then became sting as a nickname. How about Lemmy and his nickname ?

Dunno where he got his nickname, but apparently he got kicked out of Hawkwind for doing too much drugs! Hawkwind! too much drugs! Fucking Legend!

bringbackrattles

Dunno where he got his nickname, but apparently he got kicked out of Hawkwind for doing too much drugs! Hawkwind! too much drugs! Fucking Legend!
Before becoming a budding rock star he was always skint, and was always asking for money. He had that Staffordshire accent and it sounded like " Lemmy a tenner, Lemmy twenty till I get paid. " So from that arose the nickname Lemmy.

Gazolba

David Hartley - "Orange Blossom Special" - Pedal Steel Guitar:

bringbackrattles

All this isolation malarkey and less getting out more than usual makes me drop off in the afternoon. I fell asleep earlier and woke up with the radio still on. What a track to liven me up though: Rocking In The Free World by Neil Young. What a track !

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been driving round most of the region dropping supplies off to families of vulnerable patients today so had a combination of music saved on my phone and the Iain lee podcasts
Back on nights tomorrow so I’m having a beer tonight

Mcbean

All this isolation malarkey and less getting out more than usual makes me drop off in the afternoon. I fell asleep earlier and woke up with the radio still on. What a track to liven me up though: Rocking In The Free World by Neil Young. What a track !
It’s a fuzzy one ! Love Cinammon girl - his greatest hits CD is a brilliant mix of his tracks

Users who are viewing this thread