What are you currently listening to? (11 Viewers)

wingy

Simone Le Bon?
Duran Duran?.
Pah!!

These boys were the largely unknown masters of the genre of that time!!

Marty

Listening to an offspring play list currently, never really listened to them much before but have to admit enjoying their stuff.

chiefdave

Listening to an offspring play list currently, never really listened to them much before but have to admit enjoying their stuff.
They’re playing the NEC later in the year, with the Hives supporting. Highly doubt it will sell out so worth keeping an eye out for cheap tickets nearer the time.

Marty

They’re playing the NEC later in the year, with the Hives supporting. Highly doubt it will sell out so worth keeping an eye out for cheap tickets nearer the time.

How much cheaper do you think they will go? They're advertising VIP tickets with a private balcony/bar for only about £58 all in.

chiefdave

How much cheaper do you think they will go? They're advertising VIP tickets with a private balcony/bar for only about £58 all in.
The NEC regularly do 2 for 1 offers on things that aren’t going to sell out and if you wait to a couple of days before the gig I’ve seen them knocking tickets our as low as a tenner. Admittedly they’re at the back but if you’re not that fussed worth watching for.

Sign up for The Ticket Factory newsletter for the 2 for 1 offers. The really cheap ticket offers in the days before the gig go out on sites like lastminute and groupon.

dutchman

Another classic from the soundtrack of The Queen's Gambit (there are no spoilers). This was the B-side of I'm a Believer and except for Micky Dolenz on lead vocals is actually being played by a group called "Candy Store Prophets" who also wrote the song.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Another classic from the soundtrack of The Queen's Gambit (there are no spoilers). This was the B-side of I'm a Believer and except for Micky Dolenz on lead vocals is actually being played by a group called "Candy Store Prophets" who also wrote the song.

One of my favourite Monkees tracks was "Alternate Title". Anyone else remember it?
The Monkees - Alternate Title - YouTube

Philosorapter

I'll have to watch this series one day. I've seen many people as pissed as a newt doing unbelievable stuff on the board. Still amazes me with FIDE Open tournaments you can turn up to an hour late for a match and still sit down and play the game without anyone batting an eye lid.

Bugsy

wingy

Listening to the best of Eric Burdon. House Of The Rising Sun, We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place,and a favourite of mine San Franciscan Nights and many more.
I've no idea if it was accurate but when I
lived in Pailton ,some of the local drinking partners reckoned Burdon or Indeed the band had the big house on the right as you go up the hill into the village from the Brinklow end.
Another one was that Richard Ashcrofts wife who was a member of Spiritualised came from there as well.

Edit:- back in the day of course., not currently. Lol

bringbackrattles

I've no idea if it was accurate but when I
lived in Pailton ,some of the local drinking partners reckoned Burdon or Indeed the band had the big house on the right as you go up the hill into the village from the Brinklow end.
Another one was that Richard Ashcrofts wife who was a member of Spiritualised came from there as well.

Edit:- back in the day of course., not currently. Lol
Another interesting fact on Burdon. He married his girlfriend but within a year she left him for Jimi Hendrix. But she got murdered years later by another boyfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread