What are you currently listening to? (7 Viewers)

wingy

Dubed.

The original is obviously virtually
Unsurpassable, but I think the(y)Damned near did .
And this is the version written by band member Bryan MacLean ,yet I think Arthur and the producer enhanced on the vocal and adding the brass who had previously worked with the producer .
The melody is loosely taken based on Prokofiev's luitenant Kije suite which Sting also sampled from .
Boring mundane bit of trivia useless information .
Captain Sensibles real name is the same as mine ,apart from the middle one.
I wonder if I could sign into his bank account.

Last edited:

SkyBlueOz

Im not really a huge fan of that Rock band The Bronx but saying that i highly recommend their El Mariachi Bronx 2 release. One of those albums where there's barely a bad song , just like the Self titled Specials lp. Also on high rotation is The Consumers ep All My Friends are Dead, brilliant , underrated, US Punk from 77 that deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the Dead Boys Young, Loud n Snotty.

Sbarcher

James Taylor and a bottle of red... need to get today’s performance at Sheffield and the Boris sh*tshow out of my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife loves James Taylor - if she has that on I am in with a chance ;);)
James Taylor and Carole King live at the Troubadour - should get your mud sliding.......

wingy

This one will wake you up.

Mind your eye's as well as your ears if sensitive to volume.
Should warn video seems to have stroboscopic effects.

Kneeza

Had a bit of a Manfred's quest earlier and found this later upgraded version of the sixties hit . Originally penned by Dylan.

As much as I always liked the Manfreds, I still prefer the Dylan original!

I bought this 1999 Earth Band compilation years ago. Spot the error...
20201223_085609.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

Dubed.

The original is obviously virtually
Unsurpassable, but I think the(y)Damned near did .
And this is the version written by band member Bryan MacLean ,yet I think Arthur and the producer enhanced on the vocal and adding the brass who had previously worked with the producer .
The melody is loosely taken based on Prokofiev's luitenant Kije suite which Sting also sampled from .
Boring mundane bit of trivia useless information .
Captain Sensibles real name is the same as mine ,apart from the middle one.
I wonder if I could sign into his bank account.

Wingy, yes, was aware that Alone Again Or was a Brian McClean song, or although apparently, it was Arther Lee who added the 'Or' to the title! Think it was the producer who was primarily responsible for the brass, across the lp, including 'Clark'. Had no idea about where the inspiration for the song melody had been taken from, though I still find the lp astounding in its appearance - could have been made fifty years ago or yesterday, it just seems to float in time (maan....)

For others, name two songs that this, eh, inspired (wingy, you know too much, so are excluded)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4439

Wow, forgotten all about this group. Used to have that lp to the right, but can't even remember what it was called!

Grendel

Wow, forgotten all about this group. Used to have that lp to the right, but can't even remember what it was called!

They supported Diamond Head on a tour in the 80’s. About the only time I went to a gig to see the support act. diamond head lived down to my expectations. I just loved some of Budgies song titles

Users who are viewing this thread