Were SISU offered the same deal as Wasps, Yes or No? (1 Viewer)

Gosford Green

Seppala and Fisher made many noises about not wanting the Ricoh, they are only back at the Ricoh while they build a new ground. With the exception of a small gang on here no one believes a word they say.

Faced with an empty stadium with no tenant they(CCC/ACL) sold it to a willing buyer who showed how easy it is to buy a sporting stadium. All SISU have demonstrated is a desire to obtain the same venue cheap by bankrupting the owners. Which they failed miserably at.

To add to the gloom SISU are now doing their best to upset their new landlords with a new course of litigation. What have we ever done to deserve them as owners ?

Last edited:

skybluetony176

What are you taking about ? I'm talking about free ground and peppercorn rent. Are you seriously telling me that CCFC have been treated better by our council than theirs - or are you just wumming as usual?

It was a genuine question. No need to be an arse.

skybluetony176

I've just had a quick look at the Liberty Stadium, it's run by SSMC which is a joint venture between the Swansea council, Swansea City FC and the Ospreys. They pay a peppercorn rent, which is essentially £0. I'm not sure about the distribution of revenues between the football club, management company and the rugby team but the management company has yet to see a profit since its opening in 2005. In 2013 Swansea council were under investigation from the European commission for allegedly breaking state aid rules which limits how much public money can be given to private companies.

Thanks CCFC. I new it wasn't a case of the keys to the ground was just handed over and I new the council were still involved. Just not sure of the technicalities.

italiahorse

I've just had a quick look at the Liberty Stadium, it's run by SSMC which is a joint venture between the Swansea council, Swansea City FC and the Ospreys. They pay a peppercorn rent, which is essentially £0. I'm not sure about the distribution of revenues between the football club, management company and the rugby team but the management company has yet to see a profit since its opening in 2005. In 2013 Swansea council were under investigation from the European commission for allegedly breaking state aid rules which limits how much public money can be given to private companies.

Swansea FC contribute something like £1.3M to stadium running costs whilst Ospreys contribute £300K.
Not sure of the exact details.

torchomatic

You could be right, can't remember which is why I wrote it as a question and not a statement. Matters not now anyway, does it?

Am sure it was supposed to be a free vote. Didn't whatshisname the reporter (had several tinnies now) say that several councilors were going to vote against? Couldn't have happened if all parties were telling them how to vote.

Paxman II

We will go on talking about this for ever. None of us know the details of just how all this came about other than smart guess work and some speculation.
Some on here are on the side of the council and co and assume they have done nothing wrong. Others feel cheated that the football club have been undermined and lost it's chance of a stadium it should rightfully have.

Until most on here start separating the owners of the football club from the football club then I feel the blinkers will be on for a very long time.

I'm sure nearly 100% every fan would prefer SISU were not our owners. But they are. There will not be new owners any time soon either. Had the football club secured the stadium the prospect of that would have changed over night. We as fans know this and so would the council had known it when they were thinking of a 250 year lease of the stadium.

stupot07

Swansea FC contribute something like £1.3M to stadium running costs whilst Ospreys contribute £300K.

Have you ever managed to evidence that?

We do know that last year swansea fc made £6m income from the stadium whilst Ospreys made just £122k.

This also suggests that swansea only paid in £207k for the running of the stadium and Ospreys £23k.

05f968fcb01bb23e2e1cf25cb71e3d31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

Lies lies lies and more lies

italiahorse

Have you ever managed to evidence that?

We do know that last year swansea fc made £6m income from the stadium whilst Ospreys made just £122k.

This also suggests that swansea only paid in £207k for the running of the stadium and Ospreys £23k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Lies lies lies and more lies

I can't be bothered to search out the exact figures but I know they pay more than the peppercorn rent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-25559959

dongonzalos

I think it is incredibly import ant to find out if SISU were offered a deal. They said they would not have took for a product they said they don't want. Not sure there is much else more important to discover ;)

stupot07

It's says "the club's contribute just over £1m". I take that to mean between them. IIRC I'm sure I read somewhere they pay around £500k rent then the accounts suggest they pay around £200k into costs. So £700k in and £6m out is far far better than our £1.3m and about £150k out (OSB estimation for car parking, doesn't take into account the additional cost of purchasing the extra car park spaces). Swansea net profit of £5.3m, CCFC net deficit of £1.15m.

Last edited:

Grendel

Have you EVER made a valued contribution to this board?
There is more to debate than slagging people off in a childish way just because the argument does not suit your bias, uninformed opinion ?

Well I haven't come on here bigging up the fact that I'm attending a rugby game at the Ricoh just to piss everyone off.

Grendel

Do you ever read what you're replying too?

Your lies lies lies comment was in reply to the running costs not the peppercorn rent which no one seems to be disputing.

So if I pay you £1 tony and you give me £6 back how much have I paid?

The inference once again is that the deal is no better than ours which is absurd.

The Swansea example is a good one compared to ours because it's comparable circumstances. The club had a ground and ready made income streams and it has succeeded.

I can actually find no evidence they pay anything like that but I can see evidence of plenty of income.

What somewhat puzzles me is why people like yourself and Italia will try to find any media snippet to prove the arrangements are similar when they are clearly not.

One shows what happens when communities work together and the other the opposite.

letsallsingtogether

So if I pay you £1 tony and you give me £6 back how much have I paid?

The inference once again is that the deal is no better than ours which is absurd.

The Swansea example is a good one compared to ours because it's comparable circumstances. The club had a ground and ready made income streams and it has succeeded.

I can actually find no evidence they pay anything like that but I can see evidence of plenty of income.

What somewhat puzzles me is why people like yourself and Italia will try to find any media snippet to prove the arrangements are similar when they are clearly not.

One shows what happens when communities work together and the other the opposite.

But you and Nick are always asking for links when they are given you discard them.......

Make up your mind.

Where is your link then to counter what they say?

Swansea one club out of how many that rent need to look at them all, and then you can compare which ones are the best and worst.

You have been a manager for to long need the whole picture, not just the ones that make you look good.

Grendel

Do you ever read what you're replying too?

Your lies lies lies comment was in reply to the running costs not the peppercorn rent which no one seems to be disputing.

But you and Nick are always asking for links when they are given you discard them.......

Make up your mind.

Where is your link then to counter what they say?

Swansea one club out of how many that rent need to look at them all, and then you can compare which ones are the best and worst.

You have been a manager for to long need the whole picture, not just the ones that make you look good.

Well Stu has dons the work on Swansea.

I will go through each one if you want - where would you like me to start? Forest?

letsallsingtogether

It's says "the club's contribute just over £1m". I take that to mean between them. IIRC I'm sure I read somewhere they pay around £500k rent then the accounts suggest they pay around £200k into costs. So £700k in and £6m out is far far better than our £1.3m and about £150k out (OSB estimation for car parking, doesn't take into account the additional cost of purchasing the extra car park spaces). Swansea net profit of £5.3m, CCFC net deficit of £1.15m.

Well Stu has dons the work on Swansea.

I will go through each one if you want - where would you like me to start? Forest?

No he hasn't he said I'm sure I read somewhere that.

Well I read it differently some where?

So why not start with Swansea.

Grendel

No he hasn't he said I'm sure I read somewhere that.

Well I read it differently some where?

So why not start with Swansea.

He produced a set of accounts in the attachment. It's why they were reported to the European Commission.

If you even remotely believe that our deal was even close to theirs you are beyond help.

Were SISU invited by Ann Lucas, on more than one occasion, to come along and talk about a possible deal to buy the Ricoh? Yes or No?

Did they take up the offer? Yes or No?

Did their plan to get the Ricoh on the cheap go horribly wrong? Yes or No?

Are they just a bunch of incompetent tossers? Yes or No?

Simples!

Yes, No, Yes, Yes.

Now my question to you is should SISU now fuck off?

Tonylinc

I want to know why all the fuss about whether a deal or not was offered. Our owners have always said that they returned to the Ricoh only whilst they built their own stadium therefore any offer would presumably been rejected would it not?

RPHunt

It could be said that Coventry council gave CCFC a better deal, i.e. a 50% share of the stadium management company. Swansea council only gave their football club a 33% share.

In both cases, the stadium management company is responsible for setting the rent but, by selling their share, CCFC lost out on the opportunity to do this.

dongonzalos

I want to know why all the fuss about whether a deal or not was offered. Our owners have always said that they returned to the Ricoh only whilst they built their own stadium therefore any offer would presumably been rejected would it not?

It's worse than that

The also said unencumbered freehold or nothing. We are building a new stadium.

We're told you can have ownership but not unencumbered and bid by January or we are moving on.

They never bid.

Then they looked at the deal that has been done and said we would not have done that deal.

Yet it is important to know were they offered a deal they would not have done?

ccfcway

If the council had gifted the Ricoh to sisu the only outrage or indeed interest would have been on here..

I could stoop to your level of insults, but i am not going to.

That comment simply isn't true. Many fans dont come on here and would more than have an interest.

Grendel

It's worse than that

The also said unencumbered freehold or nothing. We are building a new stadium.

We're told you can have ownership but not unencumbered and bid by January or we are moving on.

They never bid.

Then they looked at the deal that has been done and said we would not have done that deal.

Yet it is important to know were they offered a deal they would not have done?

What was the biggest obstacle to having that freehold in your view?

Grendel

Sky Blue Kid

It's says "the club's contribute just over £1m". I take that to mean between them. IIRC I'm sure I read somewhere they pay around £500k rent then the accounts suggest they pay around £200k into costs. So £700k in and £6m out is far far better than our £1.3m and about £150k out (OSB estimation for car parking, doesn't take into account the additional cost of purchasing the extra car park spaces). Swansea net profit of £5.3m, CCFC net deficit of £1.15m. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
It doesn't say "the club's contribute just over £1m" at all !!!............It says..they contribute OVER £1m.....

Users who are viewing this thread