Were SISU offered the same deal as Wasps, Yes or No? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You assume right, but I prefer to go with friends.
If I had no friends I would take up your offer.

That's odd - you last stated you hadn't got free tickets and said such an offer never existed.

Strange.

dongonzalos

It's amazing that a very simple question that just requires a yes / no answer has generated hundreds of posts across various threads from people desperately trying to defend the council without being able say they did actually offer the same deal to CCFC that they offered to Wasps.

I would suggest that if the answer to the question was yes we would have had a statement to that effect long ago from CCC or at the very least they would have got it out via the Telegraph or CWR.

No they were never offered it because they never bid

Put to you very simply hundreds of times

Merry Xmas you stubborn git! :)

Last edited:

ecky

In the ann Lucas statement she said repeatedly for sepalla to get in touch with her, pick up the phone, door always open etc.
But sepalla never did...
Bottom line Sisu didn't want to buy into owning the Ricoh by fair means they wanted it for nothing basically.
Sisu won't build a new ground either because hedge funds don't do that. We are stuck with them until they find a way out and at the same time getting their investors money back.

stupot07

No they were never offered it because they never bid

Put to you very simply hundreds of times

Merry Xmas you stubborn git! :)

I've got visions of you on a a first date with a girl, taking her out for a drink, standing awkwardly at the bar in silence, staring intensively at her, with mantra going through your head

"Must not offer to buy her a drink until she asks me to buy her one, if she does not ask, I cannot offer....."

;)

I'd like to know if ACL ever told the football club about the wasps deal when they were negotiating a return home and saying that they (both parties) wanted and needed to rebuild bridges (said smiling whilst preparing the knife)

Anyway it's Christmas, so back to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ian1779

In the ann Lucas statement she said repeatedly for sepalla to get in touch with her, pick up the phone, door always open etc.
But sepalla never did...
Bottom line Sisu didn't want to buy into owning the Ricoh by fair means they wanted it for nothing basically.
Sisu won't build a new ground either because hedge funds don't do that. We are stuck with them until they find a way out and at the same time getting their investors money back.

Didn't they actually meet and have a discussion? Don't think it was very productive but they did talk.

dongonzalos

I've got visions of you on a a first date with a girl, taking her out for a drink, standing awkwardly at the bar in silence, staring intensively at her, with mantra going through your head

"Must not offer to buy her a drink until she asks me to buy her one, if she does not ask, I cannot offer....."

;)

I'd like to know if ACL ever told the football club about the wasps deal when they were negotiating a return home and saying that they (both parties) wanted and needed to rebuild bridges (said smiling whilst preparing the knife)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

We wouldn't get to go on the date.

I wouldn't ask her out.

People will then ask her what would she have said if I had asked her out, she would say she would have said no.

Then someone will ask her well if Dong never asked you out and you don't fancy him. The million dollar question is why didn't you ask him out?????

She will then think you are all insane and walk off ;)

Have a great day today :)

SkyblueBazza

;)

Are we to imagine you selling your car...& someone offers you what you think is a reasonable offer. You say - "well...before I accept your bid, I'll talk to this other bloke who might want to make the same offer as I'd rather sell it to him"

martcov

Are we to imagine you selling your car...& someone offers you what you think is a reasonable offer. You say - "well...before I accept your bid, I'll talk to this other bloke who might want to make the same offer as I'd rather sell it to him"

you mean the blöke who says he's buying another anyway and suing you? You'd rather sell it to him?

Nick

Administrator
Probably if you have been going on about how much you love him every five minutes and that he should never drive other cars and he belongs in yours ;)

stupot07

Perhaps if you were a pawn shop selling someone else's goods, it would be good to just double check before selling their prized family heirloom engagement ring before selling it to some other charlatan at a knock down price....

SkyblueBazza

Perhaps if you were a pawn shop selling someone else's goods, it would be good to just double check before selling their prized family heirloom engagement ring before selling it to some other charlatan at a knock down price....

Name me a pawn shop that would do that!
Then prove it with your own prized posession. To them it's just money. They have no emotional attachment.

letsallsingtogether

Perhaps if you were a pawn shop selling someone else's goods, it would be good to just double checking before selling their prized family heirloom engagement ring before selling it to some other charlatan at a knock down price....

Sounds like you've done that a few times. ;-)

SkyblueBazza

you mean the blöke who says he's buying another anyway and suing you? You'd rather sell it to him?
Thats reinforcing my point. I would've took the first deal that matched my expectations - I wouldn't go & ask someone else if they would match the offer unless there was something additional for me in doing so. I can well imagine that ACL/CCC/Higgs would be more than happy to reach a deal - & if it meant not having the stress of dealing with our owners any further into the bargain - because all that would mean with SISU is more grief in some guise or another...so I'd have been shocked if they'd done anything different than rip the bidder's arm off!

SkyblueBazza

Probably if you have been going on about how much you love him every five minutes and that he should never drive other cars and he belongs in yours ;)
I live in Southampton. If I REALLY needed to be in Edinburgh first thing in the morning & the guy with the car said he'd take me. I'd be eternally grateful. If the journey meant I had to sit in the back seat of a mini with his two Great Danes licking my face all the way & he took me via London, Bristol, Norwich, Manchester, Carlisle & Newcastle in that order - I would still be eternally grateful for the lift...but do all I could to avoid a lift from him in the future; not recommend him to anyone else (unless I hated them); & I'd definitely keep away from him & his dogs.

italiahorse

No, you obviously haven't read it properly:

The £27m Liberty Stadium was built in 2005 with the Swans and the Ospreys both playing there.
The clubs pay a peppercorn rent to the Swansea Stadium Management Company (SSMC) - a body running the stadium which is a partnership between the council and the two clubs.
The clubs also contribute over £1m a year to the running costs of the stadium with any profit made being returned to the teams and the local authority.

It quite clearly says "the clubs", ie suggests that between them.

The Liberty Stadium, which is run by Swansea Stadium Management Company (SSMC) on behalf of the council, had more than half a million visits in 2012/13 and generated income of £3,103,936. Swansea City FC contributed £1,306,544 of this sum, with the Ospreys chipping in £207,450.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.c...tory-20954060-detail/story.html#ixzz3Mwl52K00

rondog1973

;)

Ha ha! I've got visions of you on a first date. You get to the bar and there's a pregnant pause whilst the girl/bloke waits for you to buy she/he a drink. when she/he politely asks "Are you going to buy me a drink" you produce a flip chart, with a detailed series of statistical analysis including pie charts, bar graphs and flow diagrams detailing the likelyhood of such an action increasing your chances of bedding she/he.....

stupot07

The Liberty Stadium, which is run by Swansea Stadium Management Company (SSMC) on behalf of the council, had more than half a million visits in 2012/13 and generated income of £3,103,936. Swansea City FC contributed £1,306,544 of this sum, with the Ospreys chipping in £207,450.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.c...tory-20954060-detail/story.html#ixzz3Mwl52K00

Must be some creative accountancy as this is from page 15 of the 2012/13 accounts and swansea fc clearly took out £6m.

5915fcf7331cfb10d9be76579e9d78d3.jpg

There is no deal of the £1.3m or the £200k in the accounts.

stupot07

Ha ha! I've got visions of you on a first date. You get to the bar and there's a pregnant pause whilst the girl/bloke waits for you to buy she/he a drink. when she/he politely asks "Are you going to buy me a drink" you produce a flip chart, with a detailed series of statistical analysis including pie charts, bar graphs and flow diagrams detailing the likelyhood of such an action increasing your chances of bedding she/he.....

Let just say.....it didn't do me any harm at uni ;)

italiahorse

Must be some creative accountancy as this is from page 15 of the 2012/13 accounts and swansea fc clearly took out £6m.

It will be on the Profit and Loss, not the balance sheet.

Astute

But it doesn't show anywhere that Swansea took out 6m. Like I said earlier in the thread it says purchase invoices. And unless this is making 100% profit it will not be anywhere near 6m. IIRC it can be used to cross reference all other incomes for different uses.

Grendel

But it doesn't show anywhere that Swansea took out 6m. Like I said earlier in the thread it says purchase invoices. And unless this is making 100% profit it will not be anywhere near 6m. IIRC it can be used to cross reference all other incomes for different uses.

There is also no evidence anywhere they pay £1.3 million in fees either - they pay nothing like that.

There is one article that suggests both clubs have to contribute towards stadium management losses and to ensure it remains solvent. Even this is vague. The general view is they pay a pittance and the council even provided the funded for additional upgrades such as undersold heating and also will be paying for an expansion.

There is one article suggesting the council sold some of the land and gave the club some if the profit in 2007 - trying to find more detail as that is wholly significant.

Astute

There is also no evidence anywhere they pay £1.3 million in fees either - they pay nothing like that.

There is one article that suggests both clubs have to contribute towards stadium management losses and to ensure it remains solvent.

I have not said that they pay anything although they do. I just pointed out again that they do not make a 5m profit. The subject changed earlier in the thread when I pointed it out.

So why do all clubs need to own their own stadium if it costs money to run them.......and why is Swansea frequently brought up to show what we are missing out on?

Hobo

SISU having had an option for the club to buy back into the stadium that was built for the club....ultimately failed, they chose the wrong stratergy. They still seem to be sticking to it. They brought us here and seem to be leading us nowhere.
we can all argue as much as we like but the situation remains the same. I am not saying SISU started our decline but they have done nothing to turn the club around. For those that don't like SP, remember it was a bigged up SISU selection process that appointed him. When he did enough to deserve a new contract SISU gave him 4 years? They always talk a good show but continually prove they are incompetent!

chiefdave

SISU having had an option for the club to buy back into the stadium that was built for the club....ultimately failed, they chose the wrong stratergy.

It would be vey interesting how the formula for that option worked. It was generally accepted to be around £10m, PWKH confirmed that was about right on here. Given that Wasps have paid Higgs £2.7m for the same 50% it would seem the formula was heavily weighted in Higgs favour.

Hobo

It would be vey interesting how the formula for that option worked. It was generally accepted to be around £10m, PWKH confirmed that was about right on here. Given that Wasps have paid Higgs £2.7m for the same 50% it would seem the formula was heavily weighted in Higgs favour.

The option to buy was a starting point at least. Nobody understands their stratergy, it seems all over the place. They seem to have damaged their own reputation. Their terrier like fixation with the courts now seems to be a case of throwing good money after bad. Perhaps we should just all take their word...we are building a new stadium.....lets just see how they do? So far I am not impressed or convinced?

Users who are viewing this thread