Were SISU offered the same deal as Wasps, Yes or No? (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Has to be the most pathetic excuse ever for SISU's failings. We're talking about 2 professional companies buying another company not a couple of 6 year olds arguing over who has the biggest cake.

Were Nippon offered the same deal as TATA for JLR? Yes or No?

Stop making excuses for them. Negotiation by Litigation failed. End off.

Kingokings204

Yes I agree. I accept posters for saying it but it's not an argument really. Sisu illegally stopped paying rent and used bullying pissed off tactics to get the Ricoh for nothing so of course they werent offered the same deal.

Wasps weren't offered this deal either they negotiated and played fair 2 things sisu didn't so it's a complete non argument. Yes we all want our sky blues tinted glasses on but to a neutral this played out exactly how it should of, .

The fact some posters blame wasps and telling them to F off is absurd. I don't agree with franchise sport one bit but wasps fans seem happy enough and it's got nothing to do with us. Sixfields was our problem and we sorted it. If they don't want the Ricoh then they can do one however we rented sixfields and they bought the Ricoh.

Please everyone stop blaming everyone but sisu for our failed club. One reason we are where we are and that's sisu. To blame or think of anything else is plain crap. (Not saying we haven't been messed around by the council et al but it's clear who we are owned by don't give a toss for football or ccfc) I have no doubts of we played fair and played a fair sum of money we would own ACL now. No doubts

covmark

Has to be the most pathetic excuse ever for SISU's failings. We're talking about 2 professional companies buying another company not a couple of 6 year olds arguing over who has the biggest cake.

So you don't think the council should hold a team that has been historically linked to our city for over a hundred years, in at least the same regard as a franchise out of town rugby club.
What wasps were willing to pay should have been offered to Ccfc.
A quick phone call saying, "look, Wasps are willing to pay this amount, will you match it".
If Sisu said no then fair do's. To not offer the same deal is disgraceful imo.

Kingokings204

So you don't think the council should hold a team that has been historically linked to our city for over a hundred years, in at least the same regard as a franchise out of town rugby club.
A quick phone call saying, "look, Wasps are willing to pay this amount, will you match it".

Not saying you are wrong but do we know it wasn't offered for a fact? I've seen no proof it was or wasn't offered?

covmark

Not saying you are wrong but do we know it wasn't offered for a fact? I've seen no proof it was or wasn't offered?
It's a fair point, but do you seriously think it would have been turned down, and IIRC didn't Sisu put in a last minute bid for the Higgs share. Which to me shows they wanted in.

kmj5000

Were SISU invited by Ann Lucas, on more than one occasion, to come along and talk about a possible deal to buy the Ricoh? Yes or No?

Did they take up the offer? Yes or No?

Did their plan to get the Ricoh on the cheap go horribly wrong? Yes or No?

Are they just a bunch of incompetent tossers? Yes or No?

Simples!

bigfatronssba

When people like Les Reid started using the economic argument (ie benefits to the cities economy) about bringing city home, they opened up a can of worms.

From the point of view of the cities economy we now are in a much better position, having full utilisation of the Ricoh.

Unfortunately the case for Ccfc coming home should never have been made an economic argument, just an emotional one.

Sky Blue Pete

You can't make a deal with a company and then say wait a sec we need to just check if another conpany want the same deal.

So. Were sisu offered the same deal as wasps? Very unlikely.

Were sisu given the opportunity to partner in acl? Absolutely

Whose fault is it that we are in the position we are in is a more pertinent question and what can we do about it?

stupot07

Forget sisu, owners come and go. The football club and fans have been shafted by all parties in this. If sisu leave in 5-10 year time, we're still shafted. We're currently between a rock and a hard place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

albatross

You can't make a deal with a company and then say wait a sec we need to just check if another conpany want the same deal.

So. Were sisu offered the same deal as wasps? Very unlikely.

Were sisu given the opportunity to partner in acl? Absolutely

Whose fault is it that we are in the position we are in is a more pertinent question and what can we do about it?

The best deals for the seller are struck when there is competition looks like only one purchasing party came to the table.

With regards to action, you make probably the most important point there.

We either go....... or stay away, how to get a consensus on what that is the problem leaving the club in a horrible limbo.

I do think that that OSB58's questions backed by this forum is a good start.

This forum has a very diverse set of opinions so cannot be accused of being toadies to either side. If we could come together in a show of unity for these questions to be submitted and press for an answer that would be a start as it would represent something probably every poster on this board would agree with

Last edited:

Grendel

There is one very obvious reason we know it wasn't offered - think about it.

oldfiver

Were SISU invited by Ann Lucas, on more than one occasion, to come along and talk about a possible deal to buy the Ricoh? Yes or No?

Did they take up the offer? Yes or No?

Did their plan to get the Ricoh on the cheap go horribly wrong? Yes or No?

Are they just a bunch of incompetent tossers? Yes or No?

Simples!

NO - She said something like "Hell will freeze over first"

NO - see above

NO - There was no such plan. If it was going "cheaply" anyone could have bid for it. Show me a list of people queuing to buy it and their offers

NO - The fact they do not / did not do what you want does not make them wrong

Woz01

Why are we talking about it being offered? Sisu had 7 years to buy ACL and didn't, they wanted it on the cheap (free). Once Sisu were adamant that they were building a new stadium why should the Ricoh be offered to them.

RFC

Forget sisu, owners come and go. The football club and fans have been shafted by all parties in this. If sisu leave in 5-10 year time, we're still shafted. We're currently between a rock and a hard place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ah at long last. A voice of reason

covmark

Why are we talking about it being offered? Sisu had 7 years to buy ACL and didn't, they wanted it on the cheap (free). Once Sisu were adamant that they were building a new stadium why should the Ricoh be offered to them.
Forget Sisu for a minute.
Do you think it's right that the club have paid more in rent than it cost Wasps to buy?
Sisu did want it cheap. Wasps got it cheap.

christonabike

Sisu kept harping on about buying the Ricoh but wanted their own people to run the food etc. They were told contracts were in place and it was not viable. I guess Wasps were happy to honour ACLs contract and bought the stadium whilst Sisu were pondering their next court case.
The council were never going to sell to Sisu and Wasps came along and no doubt took the problem off the councils hands for good.

bigfatronssba

NO - She said something like "Hell will freeze over first"

NO - see above

NO - There was no such plan. If it was going "cheaply" anyone could have bid for it. Show me a list of people queuing to buy it and their offers

NO - The fact they do not / did not do what you want does not make them wrong

John Mutton made the hell freezing over remark.

italiahorse

It was like selling a car.
Whilst on the forecourt the salesman noticed that Tim went past the car daily and scratched it and dented it.
At the end of the week he made an offer based on what it was worth due to the damage on the car.
Nick came along and made the same offer and the salesman took that offer.

Why was that ?

rupert_bear

Would anyone have really wanted Joy Sepalla to have owned and therefore controlled the Ricoh Arena ?

Last edited:

Senior Vick from Alicante

It doesn't matter what they were offered Tony, they proved in previous dealings with both stake holders that they could not be trusted to do a straight forward deal. They lost out because of this not because the offer from Wasps was greater or smaller, the thing that makes me laugh the most is the business confidentiality card played by the council which is the same one that Sisu kept hiding behind.

Sky Blue Kid

It's a fair point, but do you seriously think it would have been turned down, and IIRC didn't Sisu put in a last minute bid for the Higgs share. Which to me shows they wanted in.
What you obviously don't realise is....Wasps put in a bid of £2.77m unconditional.......SISU(According to Fisher) bid £2.8m(£30k more) but with conditions including all details about the "JR" loan to ACL etc, etc. To me for all intents and purpose was a "Lip service to the fans" just purely to find more bullets to shoot CCC and ACL with in the "JR"..........For all those that attacked VOR for his post...I've supported "City" for over 50 years, and can truthfully say that previous owners did at least try to put a good team together, which is a "Country mile" away from what this shower of s**t are doing.

rupert_bear

Sky Blue Kid to lot on here only the politics are important, sadly for some the only importance,acl, ccc, JRs, Wasps, etc,etc. The football side of things to them are secondary. Yet it is the football side of things that's leading us ever faster towards the conference. Lets wait patiently and see what player investment Steve Waggott does in January. He should be in a position to move straight after he has sung Auld Lang Syne, in reality though I suspect it will be an eleventh hour job again to get people "through the door"

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Sky Blue Kid to lot on here only the politics are important, acl, ccc, JRs, Wasps, etc,etc. The football side of things to them are secondary. Yet it is the football side of things that's leading us ever faster towards the conference. Lets wait patiently and see what player investment Steve Waggott does in January. He should be in a position to move straight after he has sung Auld Lang Syne, in reality though I suspect it will be an eleventh hour job again to get people "through the door"
Who are they?

torchomatic

You've just described yourself.

You know, there's some on here who never mention the team, the football, how we are, where we are now or why.

Grendel

You know, there's some on here who never mention the team, the football, how we are, where we are now or why.

Not very nice to accuse the likes of Dongle, Martcov and Albatross that they are not interested in CCFC but have ulterior motives for being on here.

Nick

Administrator
Not very nice to accuse the likes of Dongle, Martcov and Albatross that they are not interested in CCFC but have ulterior motives for being on here.

In fairness to Dongle, he did talk about Saturdays match a couple of times the other day...

Grendel

In fairness to Dongle, he did talk about Saturdays match a couple of times the other day...

Yes I noticed that - it seems like he was trying to make an effort ;)

Users who are viewing this thread