Well !! (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

Seems like the FA made the recommendation not to go ahead with games last weekend as they were afraid Liverpool fans would boo any respect for the Queen having booed the National
Anthem and William at the cup final - so they should have played their game behind closed doors and rest of us free to show our respect - still angry

Sky Blue Pete

Seems like the FA made the recommendation not to go ahead with games last weekend as they were afraid Liverpool fans would boo any respect for the Queen having booed the National
Anthem and William at the cup final - so they should have played their game behind closed doors and rest of us free to show our respect - still angry
Lol

chiefdave

Its all become a bit North Korean, can't play football in case anyone boos the anthem, people being arrested for saying the monarchy should be abolished, demands for people who say anything negative on social media to be sacked. Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it even if you vehemently disagree with that view.

Sky Blue Pete

Its all become a bit North Korean, can't play football in case anyone boos the anthem, people being arrested for saying the monarchy should be abolished, demands for people who say anything negative on social media to be sacked. Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it even if you vehemently disagree with that view.
You’ve made up the ones after booing the anthem havent you?

Nick

Administrator
So if they were worried about booing, does that mean no minutes silence when the games are back on and in those terms just totally ignore it?

Seems much more disrespectful.

Sky Blue Pete

So if they were worried about booing, does that mean no minutes silence when the games are back on and in those terms just totally ignore it?

Seems much more disrespectful.
Also agree with the overall sentiment if Liverpool fans want to boo the national anthem then so be it. Bloomin eck

chiefdave

that's rumoured to be the reason the FA and SFA called games off. they tried to claim it was down to policing of course forgetting that the media can easily check with the police who said that was rubbish and there was no issue policing games as normal last weekend.

chiefdave

Sorry misread that, there were two arrests yesterday, one in Edinburgh, one in Oxford, of people protesting the monarchy. And you can take your pick of people who are being 'cancelled' on twitter for saying anything remotely negative about the royal family. Slightly ironic when there's footage of our current PM doing the same.

Mcbean

I guess There’s a time and a place for everything , I guess someone booing in the silence at The cbs might receive a swift poke in the eye for their trouble I hope as it destroys the train of thoughts for the moment

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry misread that, there were two arrests yesterday, one in Edinburgh, one in Oxford, of people protesting the monarchy. And you can take your pick of people who are being 'cancelled' on twitter for saying anything remotely negative about the royal family. Slightly ironic when there's footage of our current PM doing the same.
That’s very sad

Sky Blue Pete

I guess There’s a time and a place for everything , I guess someone booing in the silence at The cbs might receive a swift poke in the eye for their trouble I hope as it destroys the train of thoughts for the moment
Yeah I’m happy there may be consequences to someone expressing their opinion without engaging brain and thinking of the impact but arresting someone for a point of view is not what we need

Users who are viewing this thread