Well !! (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

What we all doing today then seeing there's no feckin football again, I have to go fucking shopping :(

Covkid1968#

Done a Forest Gump and got up and just walked….still am….just gone through Loughborough….will let you know when I reach the coast!!!

Terry_dactyl

I’ve gotta drive down to Pompey for what has become my mum’s 70th birthday meal. Going to some posh place in southsea.
I will also be surprising the old girl by turning up in Italy when she’s visiting my sister, who lives in Bari with her brood.
Just gotta not get too drunk tonight and let cats out of bags.

Esoterica

Despite my heartfelt plea to the Czech FA, they have declined my request to postpone our weekend fixtures out of respect for the Queen (and nothing at all to do with last week's 4 red cards leaving me short of players!).
CDF5ADC0-6FAF-4615-861C-39A1BF70E159.png

So I’ll play for the Bs this afternoon and coach the As as usual tomorrow.

If you’re missing your football fix, tomorrow’s A game is at 3pm and the beer is a quid. 😃

Terry_dactyl

Despite my heartfelt plea to the Czech FA, they have declined my request to postpone our weekend fixtures out of respect for the Queen (and nothing at all to do with last week 4 red cards leaving me short of players!).
View attachment 26166

So I’ll play for the Bs this afternoon and coach the As as usual tomorrow.

If you’re missing your football fix, tomorrow’s A game is at 3pm and the beer is a quid. 😃
4 Red cards!?!? Quite a game!

Terry_dactyl

Is it Restaurant 27? Daughter of my is one of the chefs there. Very nice food - hope you have your credit card though…
That’s the one!
I’m pleased to report I’m not paying! I’ve heard it’s really pricy.

My dad reckons we’ll get a lecture with every plate. I told him growing up with him means I’m well used to being lectured at the dinner table.

Esoterica

4 Red cards!?!? Quite a game!
One of the weirdest games I've been involved in. 4-1 up and cruising with an hour gone. Won a penalty which was given by the ref. Home team's lino sticks his flag up for offisde, after it's already been given, because he knows the game is done at 5-1. Ref trots over to the lino, explains the ball was cut back from the byline so it couldn't have been offside and that the penalty stands.

In the meantime, while the ref is away on the side, one of the defenders stamps on the nuts of the guy who got brought down. Our other striker starts shoving the defender which the refs sees, gives him a 2nd yellow on 62 minutes and then overturns the penalty for the handbags!!. Our whole team is trying to tell the ref you can't overturn a penalty, that he can send the player off but the penalty still stands, and then he gives another 2nd yellow on 66 mins to one of the guys who is still chuntering at him, telling him to learn the fucking rules.

At this point the ref has lost the plot and I'm just stood at the side screaming at the guys because we've turned a 4-1 with a penalty situation into a 4-1, 9 vs 11. Oppo also sense the ref has lost the plot and are rolling around and crying for everything and on 74 he gives a third 2nd yellow for an utterly innocuous challenge - it's still 4-1 but 11 vs 8 with 16 mins to go.

We're still holding out on 86, ultra defensive, when our winger gets a break away, dribbles past 3 players but loses out to their sweeper and then inexplicably throws himself into a tackle to try and win the ball back and gets a straight red. 4 minutes to go, 11 vs 7...... Then the opposition manager comes on and tells the ref that the game can't continue with 7 players and he abandons the game, with us forfeiting.
I politely go over to him and tell him he's wrong, AGAIN - if he's not sure, to just play the last 4 minutes and if he is proven right we'll take the forfeit graciously. No chance. We troop off, one of the lads kicks a bucket in the changing room corridor which turned out to be full of acrylic paint which splashed all over the floor and half covering the Oppo's club crest on the wall.

I spend 10 minutes giving them a right dressing down in the changing room while they shower and get changed. We were top of the league, on course for our 4th win from 4 and end up forfeiting the game and losing 4 players to suspension through petulance at the ref's incompetence.

Knock at the changing room door..... I'm expecting an invasion because the Oppo have seen the paint everywhere.

No, it's the ref, looking sheepish and saying he's double checked, game restarts in 5 minutes and we'll play the missing 4 mins and 6 mins injury time.

The 7 lads panic to get kitted up again, pulling on their now cold wet kits, some of them have literally got shampoo still in their hair.

We go back out, they score immediately for 4-2 and I'm thinking please lads, after all this, don't fuck this up and lose 5-4. Somehow managed to cling on for 4-2 and a week later I still feel a bit confused by it all :D

Last edited:

JAM See

Heading up to Corley Cricket Club.

Few jars and a wander home.

They're playing Kenilworth today [insert your own joke here].

Sky Blue Pete

One of the weirdest games I've been involved in. 4-1 up and cruising with an hour gone. Won a penalty which was given by the ref. Home team's lino sticks his flag up for offisde, after it's already been given, because he knows the game is done at 5-1. Ref trots over to the lino, explains the ball was cut back from the byline so it couldn't have been offside and that the penalty stands.

In the meantime, while the ref is away on the side, one of the defenders stamps on the nuts of the guy who got brought down. Our other striker starts shoving the defender which the refs sees, gives him a 2nd yellow on 62 minutes and then overturns the penalty for the handbags!!. Our whole team is trying to tell the ref you can't do that, the penalty has to stand still and then he gives another 2nd yellow on 66 mins to one of the guys who is still chuntering at him, telling him to learn the fucking rules.

At this point the ref has lost the plot and I'm just stood at the side screaming at the guys because we've turned a 4-1 with a penalty situation into a 4-1, 9 vs 11. Oppo also sense the ref has lost the plot and are rolling around and crying for everything and on 74 he gives another 2nd yellow for an utterly innocuous challenge - it's still 4-1 but 11 vs 8 with 16 mins to go.

We're still holding out on 86, ultra defensive, when our winger gets a break away, dribbles past 3 players but loses out to their sweeper and then inexplicably throws himself into a tackle to try and win the ball back and gets a straight red. 4 minutes to go, 11 vs 7...... Then the opposition manager comes on and tells the ref that the game can't continue with 7 players and he abandons the game, with us forfeiting.
I politely go over to him and tell him he's wrong, AGAIN - if he's not sure, to just play the last 4 minutes and if he is proven right we'll take the forfeit graciously. No chance. We troop off, one of the lads kicks a bucket in the changing room corridor which turned out to be full of acrylic paint which splashed all over the floor and half covering the Oppo's club crest on the wall.

I spend 10 minutes giving them a right dressing down in the changing room while they shower and get changed. We were top of the league, 3 wins from 3 and end up forfeiting the game and losing 4 players to suspension through petulance at the ref's incompetence.

Knock at the changing room door..... I'm expecting an invasion because the Oppo have seen the paint everywhere.

No, it's the ref, looking sheepish and saying he's double checked, game restarts in 5 minutes and we'll play the missing 4 mins and 6 mins injury time.

The 7 lads panic to get kitted up again, pulling on their now cold wet kits, some of them have literally got shampoo still in their hair.

We go back out, they score immediately for 4-2 and I'm thinking please lads, after all this, don't fuck this up and lose 5-4. Somehow managed to cling on for 4-2 and a week later I still feel a bit confused by it all :D
You are absolutely right it’s 6 players for abandonment. You tell a great story mate

Nick

Administrator

In the meantime, while the ref is away on the side, one of the defenders stamps on the nuts of the guy who got brought down. Our other striker starts shoving the defender which the refs sees, gives him a 2nd yellow on 62 minutes and then overturns the penalty for the handbags!!. Our whole team is trying to tell the ref you can't do that, the penalty has to stand still and then he gives another 2nd yellow on 66 mins to one of the guys who is still chuntering at him, telling him to learn the fucking rules.

At this point the ref has lost the plot and I'm just stood at the side screaming at the guys because we've turned a 4-1 with a penalty situation into a 4-1, 9 vs 11. Oppo also sense the ref has lost the plot and are rolling around and crying for everything and on 74 he gives another 2nd yellow for an utterly innocuous challenge - it's still 4-1 but 11 vs 8 with 16 mins to go.

I spend 10 minutes giving them a right dressing down in the changing room while they shower and get changed. We were top of the league, 3 wins from 3 and end up forfeiting the game and losing 4 players to suspension through petulance at the ref's incompetence.

Sounds fucking amazing.

Shit ref shocker

Sky Blue Harry H

I’ve gotta drive down to Pompey for what has become my mum’s 70th birthday meal. Going to some posh place in southsea.
I will also be surprising the old girl by turning up in Italy when she’s visiting my sister, who lives in Bari with her brood.
Just gotta not get too drunk tonight and let cats out of bags.

Bad luck, big reveal - I am your mum, and will see you in Italy son :cool:

Brighton Sky Blue

In the meantime, while the ref is away on the side, one of the defenders stamps on the nuts of the guy who got brought down. Our other striker starts shoving the defender which the refs sees, gives him a 2nd yellow on 62 minutes and then overturns the penalty for the handbags!!. Our whole team is trying to tell the ref you can't do that, that the can send the player off but the penalty still stands and then he gives another 2nd yellow on 66 mins to one of the guys who is still chuntering at him, telling him to learn the fucking rules.

At this point the ref has lost the plot and I'm just stood at the side screaming at the guys because we've turned a 4-1 with a penalty situation into a 4-1, 9 vs 11. Oppo also sense the ref has lost the plot and are rolling around and crying for everything and on 74 he gives a third 2nd yellow for an utterly innocuous challenge - it's still 4-1 but 11 vs 8 with 16 mins to go.

I spend 10 minutes giving them a right dressing down in the changing room while they shower and get changed. We were top of the league, on course for our 4th win from 4 and end up forfeiting the game and losing 4 players to suspension through petulance at the ref's incompetence.

Did the penalty get taken?

Terry_dactyl

In the meantime, while the ref is away on the side, one of the defenders stamps on the nuts of the guy who got brought down. Our other striker starts shoving the defender which the refs sees, gives him a 2nd yellow on 62 minutes and then overturns the penalty for the handbags!!. Our whole team is trying to tell the ref you can't do that, that the can send the player off but the penalty still stands and then he gives another 2nd yellow on 66 mins to one of the guys who is still chuntering at him, telling him to learn the fucking rules.

That’s amazing!

Tommo1993

I’ve been on some rollercoasters but this will take some beating.

ProfessorbyGrace

I’ve been living the dream, thus far.

Got up in a confused panic at 8:05, thinking I was late for work, with a puddle of cats piss in the bathroom strategically placed so I’d splash right in it.

Kids have been lazy bums as usual, zero help with chores, even turning off the Wi-Fi didn’t motivate them.

Been to Pets at Home to order flea treatment for the dog, as it’s scratching it’s backside off.

Had a corned beef sandwich.

Next, Tesco for black school trousers.

I could do with pacing myself a bit, it’s all action today.

stay_up_skyblues

Great story. Stockley Park are drafting a job offer for that ref as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread