Well !! (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueScottie

Going for a pint. I deserve it, I put the shopping away, and defrosted the Freezer.

Reactions: vow

Mcbean

Done nothing except a walk and watched the throning this morning then the cricket ! Still angry - cricket pushing its chest out about the reception for the passing of her Madge - football missed a massive opportunity to show their respects

usskyblue

I’ve been living the dream, thus far.

Got up in a confused panic at 8:05, thinking I was late for work, with a puddle of cats piss in the bathroom strategically placed so I’d splash right in it.

Kids have been lazy bums as usual, zero help with chores, even turning off the Wi-Fi didn’t motivate them.

Been to Pets at Home to order flea treatment for the dog, as it’s scratching it’s backside off.

Had a corned beef sandwich.

Next, Tesco for black school trousers.

I could do with pacing myself a bit, it’s all action today.

Which school do you go to m8?

Blind-Faith

Nipped up the shops this morning, been laying on my bed watching stand up comedy ever since. Absolutely fed up already, roll on Monday

chiefdave

My dad reckons we’ll get a lecture with every plate. I told him growing up with him means I’m well used to being lectured at the dinner table.
I've been there and you do get the lecture. they have to explain what you're about to eat because its unrecognisable. You don't exactly get a lot for your money either.

SkyBlueSoul

After a pub conversation with a mate last night I've been planning out a Metrolink pub crawl on Google Maps. It's a very basic plan so far:

- Have a pint near the first stop on the line, then get on the tram
- Get off at every stop on the line for a pint nearby
- 14 stops if we do the one nearest his house to Victoria station. If we go all the way to Rochdale it's 33 stops which I don't fancy doing because a) 33 pints is insane and b) you end up in Rochdale
- You're allowed 2 food stops

Alternatively we'd start at Victoria and head the other way, that way when you're shitfaced at the end at least you're close to home.

So yeah, a productive day all in all

Terry Gibson's perm

Had a lot of late finishes at work this week and didn’t get to bed this morning until after 4am so I had a sleep in and then watched the cricket and done a bit of washing, living the dream.

Covkid1968#

Done a Forest Gump and got up and just walked….still am….just gone through Loughborough….will let you know when I reach the coast!!!
Ffs…. In bed in agony… wife has to pick me up just north of Kegworth. Now in bed dying… big feck off blister and I can’t move. Lots of thinking time… but Cancelling football has really fecked my weekend up!!!

Finham

Listened to the cricket but it felt slightly devalued as a 3 day Test, as if both sides were having a bit of a heave to make a game of it (like you'd know with Stokes anyway, right?). But one station away on the dial on Radio 4 Extra from 3-6 was Michael Palin's Radio Adventures, which was an interview and compilation of other interview and clips. He was insightful and funny as ever. Favourite anecdote was possibly towards the end when he spoke about Finland begging him to do a version of the Python song "Finland " (from the LP's) for their Centenary, the song-despite it's inaccurate and satirical nature-having gained huge popularity there. So he says he put on a dinner jacket and recorded it on his phone, "getting lyrics wrong"-but even so it went down a storm!

Woolly68

Went walking 12 miles over North Dartmoor. Saw 2 dead sheep, got wet feet when I took a short cut through a bog and saw lots of other sad buggers like me bimbling over the moor on their own trying to clear their heads of shit.

Greggs

One of the weirdest games I've been involved in. 4-1 up and cruising with an hour gone. Won a penalty which was given by the ref. Home team's lino sticks his flag up for offisde, after it's already been given, because he knows the game is done at 5-1. Ref trots over to the lino, explains the ball was cut back from the byline so it couldn't have been offside and that the penalty stands.

In the meantime, while the ref is away on the side, one of the defenders stamps on the nuts of the guy who got brought down. Our other striker starts shoving the defender which the refs sees, gives him a 2nd yellow on 62 minutes and then overturns the penalty for the handbags!!. Our whole team is trying to tell the ref you can't do that, that the can send the player off but the penalty still stands and then he gives another 2nd yellow on 66 mins to one of the guys who is still chuntering at him, telling him to learn the fucking rules.

At this point the ref has lost the plot and I'm just stood at the side screaming at the guys because we've turned a 4-1 with a penalty situation into a 4-1, 9 vs 11. Oppo also sense the ref has lost the plot and are rolling around and crying for everything and on 74 he gives a third 2nd yellow for an utterly innocuous challenge - it's still 4-1 but 11 vs 8 with 16 mins to go.

We're still holding out on 86, ultra defensive, when our winger gets a break away, dribbles past 3 players but loses out to their sweeper and then inexplicably throws himself into a tackle to try and win the ball back and gets a straight red. 4 minutes to go, 11 vs 7...... Then the opposition manager comes on and tells the ref that the game can't continue with 7 players and he abandons the game, with us forfeiting.
I politely go over to him and tell him he's wrong, AGAIN - if he's not sure, to just play the last 4 minutes and if he is proven right we'll take the forfeit graciously. No chance. We troop off, one of the lads kicks a bucket in the changing room corridor which turned out to be full of acrylic paint which splashed all over the floor and half covering the Oppo's club crest on the wall.

I spend 10 minutes giving them a right dressing down in the changing room while they shower and get changed. We were top of the league, on course for our 4th win from 4 and end up forfeiting the game and losing 4 players to suspension through petulance at the ref's incompetence.

Knock at the changing room door..... I'm expecting an invasion because the Oppo have seen the paint everywhere.

No, it's the ref, looking sheepish and saying he's double checked, game restarts in 5 minutes and we'll play the missing 4 mins and 6 mins injury time.

The 7 lads panic to get kitted up again, pulling on their now cold wet kits, some of them have literally got shampoo still in their hair.

We go back out, they score immediately for 4-2 and I'm thinking please lads, after all this, don't fuck this up and lose 5-4. Somehow managed to cling on for 4-2 and a week later I still feel a bit confused by it all :D
I didn't realise kids football was this brutal.

Covcraig@bury

Was going to the game today as planed , daughter called Friday morning asking me to bring her 1s and meet in Birmingham. Game called off but duty calls . (Royal Navy ) God bless the Queen ,God save the King .

robbiekeane

One of the weirdest games I've been involved in. 4-1 up and cruising with an hour gone. Won a penalty which was given by the ref. Home team's lino sticks his flag up for offisde, after it's already been given, because he knows the game is done at 5-1. Ref trots over to the lino, explains the ball was cut back from the byline so it couldn't have been offside and that the penalty stands.

In the meantime, while the ref is away on the side, one of the defenders stamps on the nuts of the guy who got brought down. Our other striker starts shoving the defender which the refs sees, gives him a 2nd yellow on 62 minutes and then overturns the penalty for the handbags!!. Our whole team is trying to tell the ref you can't do that, that the can send the player off but the penalty still stands and then he gives another 2nd yellow on 66 mins to one of the guys who is still chuntering at him, telling him to learn the fucking rules.

At this point the ref has lost the plot and I'm just stood at the side screaming at the guys because we've turned a 4-1 with a penalty situation into a 4-1, 9 vs 11. Oppo also sense the ref has lost the plot and are rolling around and crying for everything and on 74 he gives a third 2nd yellow for an utterly innocuous challenge - it's still 4-1 but 11 vs 8 with 16 mins to go.

We're still holding out on 86, ultra defensive, when our winger gets a break away, dribbles past 3 players but loses out to their sweeper and then inexplicably throws himself into a tackle to try and win the ball back and gets a straight red. 4 minutes to go, 11 vs 7...... Then the opposition manager comes on and tells the ref that the game can't continue with 7 players and he abandons the game, with us forfeiting.
I politely go over to him and tell him he's wrong, AGAIN - if he's not sure, to just play the last 4 minutes and if he is proven right we'll take the forfeit graciously. No chance. We troop off, one of the lads kicks a bucket in the changing room corridor which turned out to be full of acrylic paint which splashed all over the floor and half covering the Oppo's club crest on the wall.

I spend 10 minutes giving them a right dressing down in the changing room while they shower and get changed. We were top of the league, on course for our 4th win from 4 and end up forfeiting the game and losing 4 players to suspension through petulance at the ref's incompetence.

Knock at the changing room door..... I'm expecting an invasion because the Oppo have seen the paint everywhere.

No, it's the ref, looking sheepish and saying he's double checked, game restarts in 5 minutes and we'll play the missing 4 mins and 6 mins injury time.

The 7 lads panic to get kitted up again, pulling on their now cold wet kits, some of them have literally got shampoo still in their hair.

We go back out, they score immediately for 4-2 and I'm thinking please lads, after all this, don't fuck this up and lose 5-4. Somehow managed to cling on for 4-2 and a week later I still feel a bit confused by it all :D
Amazing thank you

clint van damme

Despite my heartfelt plea to the Czech FA, they have declined my request to postpone our weekend fixtures out of respect for the Queen (and nothing at all to do with last week's 4 red cards leaving me short of players!).
View attachment 26166

So I’ll play for the Bs this afternoon and coach the As as usual tomorrow.

If you’re missing your football fix, tomorrow’s A game is at 3pm and the beer is a quid. 😃

Superb.
How much for the film rights and have you got any objection to being played by Dean Gaffney?

Bad Boy

Now that the funeral cortege makes its way ever so slowly to its final destination later this week we shall see an outpouring of grief, witness much wailing and gnashing of teeth for someone very few of us have met.
We shall continue to see throngs of people milling around doing nothing but twatting about, witness fake posturing, laying of flowers with messages no one will ever read and queue for hours and sign books of condolences that will lay on shelves unopened and unread for decades.
What a complete and utter waste of time effort and money.
Why not do something useful and positive that I'm sure the late Queen would approve of like help out at a food bank, cook a meal for an elderly neighbour and take it around. Offer a few kindly words and help to a stranger that sleeps in a shop doorway night after night, but alas that simply isn't what folk want to post on their personal social network sites, it isn't cool enough.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Now that the funeral cortege makes its way ever so slowly to its final destination later this week we shall see an outpouring of grief, witness much wailing and gnashing of teeth for someone very few of us have met.
We shall continue to see throngs of people milling around doing nothing but twatting about, witness fake posturing, laying of flowers with messages no one will ever read and queue for hours and sign books of condolences that will lay on shelves unopened and unread for decades.
What a complete and utter waste of time effort and money.
Why not do something useful and positive that I'm sure the late Queen would approve of like help out at a food bank, cook a meal for an elderly neighbour and take it around. Offer a few kindly words and help to a stranger that sleeps in a shop doorway night after night, but alas that simply isn't what folk want to post on their personal social network sites, it isn't cool enough.

Agree totally with your second paragraph. Partly agree with the first part, except for the fact that - rightly or wrongly - the feeling of Her having been a constant for the lives of nearly everybody in the country. I think it can be unsettling for people, although lessened by the fact that her age made it less of a shock, than, for example, Diana. I do understand why a lot of the older generation have felt particularly moved.

Bad Boy

Agree totally with your second paragraph. Partly agree with the first part, except for the fact that - rightly or wrongly - the feeling of Her having been a constant for the lives of nearly everybody in the country. I think it can be unsettling for people, although lessened by the fact that her age made it less of a shock, than, for example, Diana. I do understand why a lot of the older generation have felt particularly moved.
You have a point Sky Blue Harry H, thank you I respect that. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread