Well done everyone (3 Viewers)

AJB1983

This issue only ever seems to get mentioned when those who usually never watch the club outside of Coventry go to a Wembley final.

20+ years of everyone standing at every away game and no issues or complaints.
I think that goes with the territory though - certainly when I’ve been at away games in the past I don’t mind standing cos everyone is.
Particularly the likes of Peterborough and Torquay where there was no option other than to stand.
But at a Wembley final say, a minority shouldn’t dictate what the majority around them have to do. If you’re sat in the family zone, respect the fact that kids won’t be able to see and actually might not want to stand all the time, parents included. Certainly don’t have a go at people for not being as loud or stood up - let them watch the game how they want to.
At the league 2 playoff final, I was behind the goal with my then 7 year old daughter, and ended up having to stand the whole game as everyone else around me was. Had to get her to go almost in the aisle so she could see. But went with the majority…

which is why next time I chose the family zone like we sit in at the CBS, as my lad who now goes with us doesn’t like the swearing, and figured that the wish to stand all game would be minimal - when we attacked the goal everyone stood in anticipation so then we did too, and stood for the penalties.
the days of me shouting and screaming at officials and players and standing in away ends are now over - I prefer to watch the game a little more settled now with the youngsters, so I choose accordingly as to where we have our season tickets and the Wembley tickets.
What I won’t accept is being told how I should watch the game or support the team by someone who has been on the sauce all day, and being accused of being a daytripper.

letsallsingtogether

The steward in our block tried to throw a man out for vaping.
When I said those 4 have been standing all game why havent you had a word with him she shrugged her shoulders.
she still said nothing to them.
Ok he shouldnt have vaped it was on about 80 mins but you have to enforce all the rules not just the ones you want.

pusbccfc

Thats fine. But don’t take it out on other fans. Go start a protest or whatever. I’m sorry but you wanting to stand doesn’t give you the right to stop my disabled Dad watch the game. That’s just life at these games, it’s not like league games where everyone knows the crack. It was every man for themselves getting tickets.

They need to seriously expand safe seating and find a way to stop ST holders filling the early spots with daytrippers so all the regulars can sit together.

Agreed massively with the bottom part. The point system has caused a lot of problems with this.

Alkhen

They had both an advertised singing section and a family zone. Problem is not everyone who wants to be in the singing bit will get a ticket there, so you end up with people spread out still.

From the initial ticket article:

Family area – Wembley Stadium have designated approximately 1,700 seats (Blocks 137 – 140 in the West Side) as a Family Area for Coventry City supporters. Tickets in this area are only available to fans that are purchasing 16 and under tickets at a ratio of no more than 3 Under 16s per Adult, in line with our policy at home games.

Singing Area – Coventry City recommend fans who would like to sit in the designated singing area choose Blocks 133/134.

Standing Area – Wembley Stadium has received approval for licensed standing areas as of the 2022-23 season. The standing area is located at the rear of the 3 blocks behind the goals on Level 1, at either end of the Stadium, incorporating around 867 seats. Please purchase tickets in the Standing Area if you wish to stand, as standing is not permitted in any other area of the Stadium.

Ah I didn't know that. Seems a big half arsed on those numbers. Still feels like there is a better way of grouping fan types together.

They could sell tickets by type without a designated seat untill they know how many of that type are sold then group them all together.

ajsccfc

In 127 there was a brief something where the stewards had to step in and separate two people but it seemed like just a bit of shouting that hadn't got as far as anything physical. Apart from that the closest I saw to any offence the whole day was a few fairly brazenly walking to their seats with pints and the stewards nearest not being bothered at all about people standing.

Users who are viewing this thread