Well done everyone (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

I said yesterday morning for us to be all on our best behaviour, and I think we were.

There was no trouble, we were amicable in defeat, we sung our hearts out, and we applauded our boys off.

Never been prouder of the Sky Blue Army

David O'Day

I said yesterday morning for us to be all on our best behaviour, and I think we were.

There was no trouble, we were amicable in defeat, we sung our hearts out, and we applauded our boys off.

Never been prouder of the Sky Blue Army
There was trouble in 133

pusbccfc

Totally agree.

Good natured, especially after the game.

The away end looked incredible in full sky blue.

pusbccfc

Saw it too, right in front of us, guessing the 8 hours of pre match alcohol may have had something to do with it

If 36,000 people went drinking in pubs or festivals, there would be a lot more bother than a few handbags let's be honest

andrew.roberts

There were a lot of kids openly snorting coke in the Green Man and one young father with a child of about seven or eight sat very close to us in the gods who was obviously very very hammered on something, which was quite concerning for the safety of the boy, but I think that in general we gave a good account of ourselves.

Enviado desde mi moto g(9) plus mediante Tapatalk

theferret

There were some nobs who refused to sit down even though they were blocking the view of young kids. Selfish twats

Where was this?

It was always going to be the case that everyone would stand in the lower tier central blocks.

It was also going to be the case that many who usually stand would find themselves in the upper tier where they would be expected to sit. I haven't sat at a city game in 25 years+, so I found it weird, bit did sit of course. No issues with people trying to stand through the game which surprised me a bit, expected to see a few issues.

Alkhen

Does feel like there could be better system at Wembley so the lively/singers corner fans can be grouped together and families can have a section.

Logistical nightmare I'd imagine but would improve the atmosphere and stop the scuffles. Maybe they could sell a few blocks advertised as the singers section or something. It's too much of a mad rush bun fight to organise groups together in the current system.

No major drama in my block. One bloke near me had zero filter, (I'm fine with that, taught my lad some new words 😄) but I think the prim looking family sat directly behind him looked a bit shell shocked

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There were some nobs who refused to sit down even though they were blocking the view of young kids. Selfish twats
When the club put out the statement regarding persistent standing, they could make an example of some people.

For example, the Mad Hatters are always at the front standing, causing issues all the way back up. So if the club want to show they're serious to the FA, you could start right there. Not like they don't stand out, or have cameras on them providing evidence.

SkyBlueSoul

Does feel like there could be better system at Wembley so the lively/singers corner fans can be grouped together and families can have a section.

Logistical nightmare I'd imagine but would improve the atmosphere and stop the scuffles. Maybe they could sell a few blocks advertised as the singers section or something. It's too much of a mad rush bun fight to organise groups together in the current system.
They had both an advertised singing section and a family zone. Problem is not everyone who wants to be in the singing bit will get a ticket there, so you end up with people spread out still.

From the initial ticket article:

Family area – Wembley Stadium have designated approximately 1,700 seats (Blocks 137 – 140 in the West Side) as a Family Area for Coventry City supporters. Tickets in this area are only available to fans that are purchasing 16 and under tickets at a ratio of no more than 3 Under 16s per Adult, in line with our policy at home games.

Singing Area – Coventry City recommend fans who would like to sit in the designated singing area choose Blocks 133/134.

Standing Area – Wembley Stadium has received approval for licensed standing areas as of the 2022-23 season. The standing area is located at the rear of the 3 blocks behind the goals on Level 1, at either end of the Stadium, incorporating around 867 seats. Please purchase tickets in the Standing Area if you wish to stand, as standing is not permitted in any other area of the Stadium.

stay_up_skyblues

I didn’t see any trouble. I was tempted to throw a bloke in front of me from the upper tier when he started booing because we gave the ball away. Fucking booing in a play off final.

A right miserable fucker behind me too. Every ball he was moaning. Sheaf misplaced a pass “every bleeding time”. “Forward, forward”. Eccles coming on… “leave him on the bench”. And so it went on. I actually recognised his voice and attitude, must have been sat near him one season over the years.

djr8369

A right miserable fucker behind me too. Every ball he was moaning. Sheaf misplaced a pass “every bleeding time”. “Forward, forward”. Eccles coming on… “leave him on the bench”. And so it went on. I actually recognised his voice and attitude, must have been sat near him one season over the years.
That sounds like a bloke who’s been sat behind me all season. Drives me crazy and clueless about football as well.

Captain_Slackbladder

When the club put out the statement regarding persistent standing, they could make an example of some people.

For example, the Mad Hatters are always at the front standing, causing issues all the way back up. So if the club want to show they're serious to the FA, you could start right there. Not like they don't stand out, or have cameras on them providing evidence.
They were right at the front Sat. Sat down for most of game. I assume your post to be in jest though so I won't say anymore!

pusbccfc

It wasn't fucking handbags you plank

Didn't see it, so I apologise for that.

Like I say David, it would happen anywhere where there's 36,000 people.

I know someone who works high up at Wembley. Said there was some general ASB, more than usual pyro but a very high spend from Coventry fans and generally no issues.

David O'Day

I know someone who works high up at Wembley. Said there was some general ASB, more than usual pyro but a very high spend from Coventry fans and generally no issues.
do you fuck know anyone high up

stop lying kid

pusbccfc

Where was this?

It was always going to be the case that everyone would stand in the lower tier central blocks.

It was also going to be the case that many who usually stand would find themselves in the upper tier where they would be expected to sit. I haven't sat at a city game in 25 years+, so I found it weird, bit did sit of course. No issues with people trying to stand through the game which surprised me a bit, expected to see a few issues.

If I was in the top tier I'd have been fuming being forced to sat down.

I know a group of lads who stand at every game home and away and we're forced to sit for the first time in decades because they had a ticket in the top tier.

David O'Day

the stewards took 15 minutes to get to the fella bleeding from the head as they were too busy dealing with incidents

pusbccfc

no you fuck know anyone high up

stop lying kid

I do, I can send you a link if you'd like.

I've been told about the issue you've mentioned and it's being dealt with. They can practically zoom in on any seat in the stadium. They know quite easily who set off smoke bombs and who were taking drugs in their seats...

pusbccfc

the stewards took 15 minutes to get to the fella bleeding from the head as they were too busy dealing with incidents

Not good, but not uncommon at a large scale event. Of course you'll be desperate to say we are the worst behaved club in the country and deserve to have 4000 seats of segregation etc etc.

David O'Day

I do, I can send you a link if you'd like.

I've been told about the issue you've mentioned and it's being dealt with. They can practically zoom in on any seat in the stadium. They know quite easily who set off smoke bombs and who were taking drugs in their seats...
cool fucking story

David O'Day

Not good, but not uncommon at a large scale event. Of course you'll be desperate to say we are the worst behaved club in the country and deserve to have 4000 seats of segregation etc etc.
that's what anyone said is it

theferret

Didn't see a single issue all day. A credit to the club and the city.

wingy

If I was in the top tier I'd have been fuming being forced to sat down.

I know a group of lads who stand at every game home and away and we're forced to sit for the first time in decades because they had a ticket in the top tier.
Tough as per regulations.

Users who are viewing this thread