Welcome Mark Robbins (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

The Reverend Skyblue

He has my full backing for at least the rest of this season and next even if we end up relegated.
One thing we all agree, we have to stop changing the manager every five minutes. Give him the time to try and turn this sinking ship around

The Rev

stupot07

Just watched breif interview on Sky and he seems to be aware this is a 'big' club he could not tiurn down as a new step up for him in building his career and development. he sounds like he fully intends to set about putting things right and he certainly looks like he has some street cred and coming from the premier league offices where he was enjoying his work he brings lots of stature...perhaps more than we may have thought.
I really wish him well and he seems bright and astute which will make a commendable change for us!

Look forward to see what changes he brings to the place...he certainly does not look like a lap dog....the guy's ambitious, he will want success which translates to good for us.

We're not a 'big club' anymore, just standard spiel that new managers spout.

Nonleagueherewecome

Perhaps all we need now is to appoint a chairman called Hill! Then we will have the combination that took us from pretty much the same position in 1962. Frightening thought that we have come full circle in 50 years. Hope we don't get Kings Lyn in the cup!

They went bust and had to start again much lower down, so they'll have about 6 qualifying rounds to get through first.

In fact, just checked-they're out: lost 3-2 to Daventry Town after a replay. Phew.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Robins is that name not synonymous with a former sky blue regime some time way back...?:claping hands:
Lets hope for more of the same...god I could do with a Sky Blue revolution.
PUSB

Last edited:

speedie87

Good luck mark robins

You get my full support

Put everything you've got into the job, and let's start this ball rolling.

PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

He was out of work and reports suggest Ince was first choice but the club couldn't agree a contract, therefore he was second choice.

I'm well aware we are in league one.....what did Norwich and southampton do?? That's right they poached the manager they wanted, not who was out of a job.

They also signed players who weren't unemployed..

LilleSkyBlue

You want pedantic: there's only one 'b' in our new manager's surname.

Previous poster 'ohitsaidwalker kingpower' just beat me to it but we loyal fans should get the basics straight, should we not? :)

Nonleagueherewecome

"can't thank Richard and Lee enough"..... Really Waggott? A "Thanks lads" would be the last thing I'd be saying to them right now! Especially If those words were said last night!

And the number of applicants has increased again it seems. 75 applicants they had to trowl through now! Wonder who it was that kept getting the figure wrong?

I see he used to play for Leicester. Only bad point I can find mind

Yes, I spotted that, where did he magic up an extra 20 applicants all of a sudden?!

Nonleagueherewecome

David Rennie, who writes The Lexington Column in The Economist, is on Radio 5 now. Bit of an unlikely career move, that...

ccfcway

what a waste of money

3 years when history (not me) says he will be gone in 15 months TOPS, no wonder we are still losing £250k a month..

HOPE he does well
Expecting NOTHING other than what we currently have, a fight on our hands to stay in this division

Otis

I saw it straight away.

Would have said something myself but was far too busy looking up 'pedantic' in the dictionary.

Baginton

bloody hell, the club cant win, three years is a waste of money, if it was only a year, we'd not be ambitious enough:whistle:

lets all get behind Mark and wish him all the best and try to get promoted at first chance, the season has just started.

we have the players to do it...

:welcome: welcome to the club Mark, good luck

cloughie

Personally I think this is as bad an appointment as the new England manager Hodgson. Both play pedantic, defensive, boring football that plays not to lose rather than playing to win and both are imo not up to the job.
He might keep us from relegation (which might or might not be a good thing depending on your long-term point of view), but I don't think he will do anything more than that, especially with the "backing" of SISU to "support" him.
Oh well, best of luck mate - you're going to damn well need it!

Hodgson took average players at WBA and Fulham and got them to perform at their best resulting both teams over achieving fans expectations.

Reality is England are an average international team and so far his results have been as good as could be expected and if he manages to over achieve with England then we might win something. As for him abroad hehas obviously learnt as his teams are solid but also know how to win, I don't know what more a manager can do with average players.

As for Robins he wouldn't have been my first choice but then I was undecided and not privvy to any inside info regarding interveiw etc

His record is not that bad and for where we are at it's good

He has my backing and I hope he does well

PUSB

SkyblueBazza

Good Luck Mark Robins, I really hope you can unite the playing staff, the supporters and prove the sceptics wrong.

It's not going to be easy!

PUSB!

WE can try to make it easier for them. Shout down the booers & negative nuts. Out shout them with "Mark Robins - Sky Blue Army" as soon as they start & drown them out. It'll rouse the players too!

SkyblueBazza

Personally I think this is as bad an appointment as the new England manager Hodgson. Both play pedantic, defensive, boring football that plays not to lose rather than playing to win and both are imo not up to the job.
He might keep us from relegation (which might or might not be a good thing depending on your long-term point of view), but I don't think he will do anything more than that, especially with the "backing" of SISU to "support" him.
Oh well, best of luck mate - you're going to damn well need it!

Couldn't disagree more. West Brom & before them Fulham, Switzerland, Blackburn...all played often effective & often entertaining football. I think he finds how to stop any rotten element, then builds a system around strengths. He'll get England working well. AND before anyone throws Liverpool into things...there was rot there that I think politically he couldn't get support for to sort out. And guess what? ALL the first mentioned clubs punched above their weight...so let's hope he IS like Hodgson!

Nonleagueherewecome

Hodgson took average players at WBA and Fulham and got them to perform at their best resulting both teams over achieving fans expectations.

Reality is England are an average international team and so far his results have been as good as could be expected and if he manages to over achieve with England then we might win something. As for him abroad hehas obviously learnt as his teams are solid but also know how to win, I don't know what more a manager can do with average players.

As for Robins he wouldn't have been my first choice but then I was undecided and not privvy to any inside info regarding interveiw etc

His record is not that bad and for where we are at it's good

He has my backing and I hope he does well

PUSB

Been saying this about Hodgson for ages: he is a manager who does well with sides that are not the favourite-decent, but one's that are only going to win by being superbly organised and motivated. The Liverpool job implies that when having a side that is expected to go out and dominate, he can't set them up right. But England, in international terms, are upper-midtable at best. They're Fulham. So Roy was the perfect choice of all the managers they could have gone with. The players actually performed to their ability, for the first time in an international tournament since the France World Cup.

Hopefully that translates to Robins in some way-Rotherham are a big club for L2, but were massively hamstrung during his time there-yet he still managed to get them winning. We're supposedly a big club in this division, and there's been plenty of mitigating factors off the pitch at CCFC: he's managed to keep a big lower league club winning against the odds before, lets pray he can do it again.

gb8702

Good appointment, he lives about 500 yards from me and always has time for a chat about football etc top bloke
PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

Good appointment, he lives about 500 yards from me and always has time for a chat about football etc top bloke
PUSB

Let us know if he relocates or commutes ;)

gb8702

Well im guessing he will stay where he is as he lives in the same place while managing Rotherham and Barnsley

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Maybe we should revert back to our old nickname of the Bantams, then (with a bit of anagramism) we could be the Batmans & Robins! :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread