Welcome Mark Robbins (1 Viewer)

Gaskell

Signed a 3 year deal.

Let's get behind the boys and try and turn the season around!

PUSB

Paxman II

It's going to be very interesting how the players will now respond in the next match. 3 years gives some stability so players will need to perform. They also know Robins signed with every intent of being backed in the loan market and to do his utmost in acheiving promotion.

Stand by your beds chaps!

SkyBlueJot

Good Luck Mark Robins, I really hope you can unite the playing staff, the supporters and prove the sceptics wrong.

It's not going to be easy!

PUSB!

Skybluestu82

Very promising that he has been working with the premier league as club support manager, working alongside Paul lambert and tony pulis on youth development side for the prem.

This has to be one of the most important points of is signing!!

mr_monkey101

best managerial appointment since eric black (yes i know how that turned out....)

we all need to support him and the players and treat this all as a new start for all (even david bell :) )

Nonleagueherewecome

well see how long til people get on his backs? give it til saturday?

What took him so long? Not impressed with the delay. :p

Gaz

Really happy with this news.
I think he is the best we could have realistically got.
Also slapped a tenner on him @ 12-1

Mark Robins Skyblue army !

Nonleagueherewecome

On what cwr or ssn

Probably just for the media in general. I doubt we're big enough news to get live billing at 6pm on SSN-or even CWR!

Sky Blues

It's been widely acknowledged on here what a huge challenge Mark Robins has ahead of him to turn this club around, so please can we give him some time and support to do it and not jump on his back the moment we lose one or two games. Good luck Mr Robins, you'll need it!

scroobiustom

:welcome: Hi Mark Robbins :wave: Bye Kevin Killbane

CovLis86

Best of luck mark. Hope the best for you and my beloved club. Wish all the success! MARK ROBBINS SKY BLUE ARMY!

Lord_Nampil

Great appointment we need to back him now! Forget the start of the season, our first match is on saturday! and i am interested to hear what connections he built up in his time working for the premier league!!!

Skybluestu82

Personally I think this is as bad an appointment as the new England manager Hodgson. Both play pedantic, defensive, boring football that plays not to lose rather than playing to win and both are imo not up to the job.
He might keep us from relegation (which might or might not be a good thing depending on your long-term point of view), but I don't think he will do anything more than that, especially with the "backing" of SISU to "support" him.
Oh well, best of luck mate - you're going to damn well need it!

Pretty sure fulham and west brom fans will disagree with that.

sky_blue_up_north

Just confirmed its defo on CWR, 18:00.... and if he lasts 3 years he will be our most successful manager in recent times.

Nonleagueherewecome

Personally I think this is as bad an appointment as the new England manager Hodgson. Both play pedantic, defensive, boring football that plays not to lose rather than playing to win and both are imo not up to the job.
He might keep us from relegation (which might or might not be a good thing depending on your long-term point of view), but I don't think he will do anything more than that, especially with the "backing" of SISU to "support" him.

Wow, I think Hodgson is the best England manager since Sir Alf!

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Whys Hodgson such a bad choice for England? I'm quite happy with him at the helm, as I am with Robins coming here

DazzleTommyDazzle

Welcome and good luck!!

Now I don't want to appear unrealistic, but what are the chances of everyone agreeing to give him until at least Xmas before demanding that he's sacked??? ;)

Skybluestu82

I'm actually feeling unusually optimistic about Robbins. Think he's really the right sort of manager to turn us around and give these spineless bunch of muppets the kick up the asre they really need.

Think he needs it to go well just as much as we do as well and for once I think we are all in the same boat!!

Users who are viewing this thread