Weight and working out (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Hate all these stories about how stopping drinking is the best thing you can do for weight and mental health.

I’m basically tee total already 😭

Great_Expectations

I’ve set myself a pretty big running challenge to complete this year to fundraise for my chosen charity. I’m keen to be as trim and healthy as possible, partly as it’ll help with the challenge, but also if I’m going to be running a lot, then it’ll be nice to see some physicals benefits too!!

So I’ve been calorie counting, which I have seen some benefit from in all fairness, and I hate to say it, but cut back on the alcohol quite a lot. Generally I’ll have a few pints one night a week, but that’ll be all. Got quite into the AF stuff as some of it is pretty decent.

What are people using for calorie counting? I’m using MyFitnessPal. I tend to find I want a snack in the ‘mid afternoon slump’ (2-3ish) and crave something sweet in the evenings too!

What have peoples go to snacks been? And any recommendations to deter a sweet tooth?!

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve set myself a pretty big running challenge to complete this year to fundraise for my chosen charity. I’m keen to be as trim and healthy as possible, partly as it’ll help with the challenge, but also if I’m going to be running a lot, then it’ll be nice to see some physicals benefits too!!

So I’ve been calorie counting, which I have seen some benefit from in all fairness, and I hate to say it, but cut back on the alcohol quite a lot. Generally I’ll have a few pints one night a week, but that’ll be all. Got quite into the AF stuff as some of it is pretty decent.

What are people using for calorie counting? I’m using MyFitnessPal. I tend to find I want a snack in the ‘mid afternoon slump’ (2-3ish) and crave something sweet in the evenings too!

What have peoples go to snacks been? And any recommendations to deter a sweet tooth?!
I use what’s on the packet of most stuff. As for snacks, you can either make your own low calorie alternatives like yoghurt cakes, or:

Curators snacks are tasty, good protein source and 120 calories for most packs

Arla protein puddings and yoghurts

Any fresh fruit

Popcorn

Fridge raiders chicken packs

Sure others have more.

Great_Expectations

I use what’s on the packet of most stuff. As for snacks, you can either make your own low calorie alternatives like yoghurt cakes, or:

Any fresh fruit

Popcorn

Sure others have more.
I meant in terms of calories counting apps - I wasn’t very clear!

I hadn’t heard of the curated stuff and it looks pretty good, so thanks for the tip!

We’ve made a few home made bits, predominantly from the ‘Pinch of Nom’ healthy cookbook my partner already had. The Chocolate Banana Muffins are a favourite snack and/or breakfast and are pretty low calorie too.

Sick Boy

Any fresh fruit

Popcorn

Sure others have more.
They should have them there too but the Lidl protein puddings are next level. I go there to buy a tray of them at a time and have seen others do the same; you’ve been warned!

Nick

Administrator
They should have them there too but the Lidl protein puddings are next level. I go there to buy a tray of them at a time and have seen others do the same; you’ve been warned!
Yeah the Aldi ones are decent too. One is like angel delighr

clint van damme

Done just over 9lb this month. Not drinking makes it so much easier!

3 months in SE Asia, drank nearly every day, lost over 1/2 stone!
Must have snacked about 98% less than when I'm home and ate a lot less processed food so need to keep that going now I'm home, ( minus the drinking obviously).

Nick

Administrator
3 months in SE Asia, drank nearly every day, lost over 1/2 stone!
Must have snacked about 98% less than when I'm home and ate a lot less processed food so need to keep that going now I'm home, ( minus the drinking obviously).

Yeah it's a cycle, I have a few beers, get a pizza on the way home. Wake up, get some shit to eat and laze about! ha

clint van damme

Yeah it's a cycle, I have a few beers, get a pizza on the way home. Wake up, get some shit to eat and laze about! ha

To be fair, even though I drank every day a lot of the time, especially in the first month or so, it was 2 or 3 pints max.

clint van damme

I find there is only so much Chang, Singha etc you can drink anyway

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, got a bit lagered out by the end of it.
Started drinking Kilkenney.
Going for a meal today so might look for something similar to drink.

Love Guiness but I'm very fussy about where I drink it.

Great_Expectations

Anyone into this stuff yet;

Partner purchased the root ginger shot a while ago and I found it pretty horrible. But recently re-ordered that and the tumeric one (ie that link) and it isn’t as bad. Not sure if it actually does have all the positive effects, but reviews are good and I’ve upped my running a lot recently and generally my muscles have felt good, which could be partly attributed to the tumeric.

Also started taking Phizz in the mornings. It’s supposed to be a beroca on steroids (not literally). On an empty stomach / first drink of the day it isn’t the best, but with another drink/food at breakfast, it’s fine. Seems to also have had a positive effect.

covcity4life

Really enjoying lifting weights at the moment. Trying to increase my protein intake. It's hard.

Thanks to whoever mentioned curator snacks. I have purchased the crisps and beef jerky. So far so good. Got protein bars and powder already . Need more whole goods to be healthy of course.

Brighton Sky Blue

Really enjoying lifting weights at the moment. Trying to increase my protein intake. It's hard.

Thanks to whoever mentioned curator snacks. I have purchased the crisps and beef jerky. So far so good. Got protein bars and powder already . Need more whole goods to be healthy of course.
Lean meats in general are good for that. Made a double quarter pound burger yesterday for example with extra low fat mince, including a few slices of cheese it was still just 600 calories and nearly 80 g protein.

covcity4life

Lean meats in general are good for that. Made a double quarter pound burger yesterday for example with extra low fat mince, including a few slices of cheese it was still just 600 calories and nearly 80 g protein.
Yeah I make burgers without the bun in George foreman machine

I can get healthy meals it's just about consistently having enough of them

No will power on weekends. That needs to change.....after tonight's chinese

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah I make burgers without the bun in George foreman machine

I can get healthy meals it's just about consistently having enough of them

No will power on weekends. That needs to change.....after tonight's chinese
You don’t need to be perfect, just consistent. If weekends are an issue maybe just go a bit under on your calories during the week to allow for more on the weekend?

covcity4life

You don’t need to be perfect, just consistent. If weekends are an issue maybe just go a bit under on your calories during the week to allow for more on the weekend?
I'm all about the bulk right now so don't wanna limit calories. It's ok I know what I need to do after decades of googling. It's just a case of being disciplined enough to do it. Feel good right now so gonna try make this next week my first great week diet wise to compliment the training

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm all about the bulk right now so don't wanna limit calories. It's ok I know what I need to do after decades of googling. It's just a case of being disciplined enough to do it. Feel good right now so gonna try make this next week my first great week diet wise to compliment the training
Ah I see, good luck anyway

covcity4life

Usually chuck some in protein drinks when I remember.
Yeah that's what in gonna do. I've heard it's noticeable difference to muscle mass in first few weeks then calms down

Also read should have it on cycle of 8 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Sick Boy

Yeah that's what in gonna do. I've heard it's noticeable difference to muscle mass in first few weeks then calms down

Also read should have it on cycle of 8 weeks on 2 weeks off.
Those gains are likely due to water retention. Doing a cycle depends on how much you plan on taking; from what I remember that’s only needed if you do a loading phase. From what i remember it involved taking it 6 times a day or something then it went down to 4 and then 2.

covcity4life

It depends what you’re expecting from it. Unless you’re lifting heavy weights 4-5 days per week, you probably don’t need it.
Yeah I am lifting anything from 4-6 days a week. Only buying cos finnaly being. K sistent and noticing difference in body after 1.5 months so want to keep going long term now for once.

Users who are viewing this thread