Weight and working out (5 Viewers)

clint van damme

Sort of how I’m feeling now. While it’s good that I’ve worked out what I should have been doing the whole time, I’m now wondering what I could have done without all the extra weight.

No point dwelling on it. You can't go back, just concentrate on what you're doing now

Fysnkysc

Not like you all care but I'm about 105kg now 🤣, pretty active. 10k steps a day mostly running/jogging.

Still got a fucked knee and quad.

Same gym
New routine
Introduced Happy food to my diet in moderation.

4litres of water a day 5 meals a day still another 10kg to go, got a saggy ass belly but that's it on the lose skin area.

So 180kg + > 105kg in 3/4 years with many periods of gaining 10kg + after binging ect.

shmmeee

Not like you all care but I'm about 105kg now 🤣, pretty active. 10k steps a day mostly running/jogging.

Still got a fucked knee and quad.

Same gym
New routine
Introduced Happy food to my diet in moderation.

4litres of water a day 5 meals a day still another 10kg to go, got a saggy ass belly but that's it on the lose skin area.

So 180kg + > 105kg in 3/4 years with many periods of gaining 10kg + after binging ect.

The saggy skin is what I’m worried about. Can I ask how bad it is? Will you be looking at surgery?

Fysnkysc

The saggy skin is what I’m worried about. Can I ask how bad it is? Will you be looking at surgery?
i can't took my cock in it so it aint that saggy but you can notice it, its like just soft crinkled empty shit, dont cause me any issues, just a bit ugly to the eye, compare it to women that have had kids and have the lil pouch there that never tightened up.

shmmeee

i can't took my cock in it so it aint that saggy but you can notice it, its like just soft crinkled empty shit, dont cause me any issues, just a bit ugly to the eye, compare it to women that have had kids and have the lil pouch there that never tightened up.

Better than a gut though?

Have you taken anything for it like collagen or eating collagen rich veg?

Sky_Blue_Daz

would like to lose a bit as I'm planning on doing the cov half marathon next year

shmmeee

Leafy greens like kale and spinach have it in naturally. I’ve read a few that said it helps keep skin elastic when losing weight (along with lots of water which you’re doing) so may be worth adding more to your diet if you don’t want a supplement just to help.

Moisturising as well, CeraVe is very good.

Brighton Sky Blue

Couple more months along the way and now 5 stone down from where I started, still another 4.5 to go. Played some 5 a side for the first time in ages a few weeks ago and was stunned by being able to run without being out of breath, use upper body strength and so on.

Remarkable what consistently doing the right stuff does.

Hertsccfc

Couple more months along the way and now 5 stone down from where I started, still another 4.5 to go. Played some 5 a side for the first time in ages a few weeks ago and was stunned by being able to run without being out of breath, use upper body strength and so on.

Well done mate. Really impressive.

clint van damme

Incredible achievement, it really is.

Nick

Administrator

That's amazing.

What have you been doing to get that far?

Sky_Blue_Daz

fantastic work well done mate

Brighton Sky Blue

That's amazing.

What have you been doing to get that far?
For the first 3-4 months I was eating 2000 calories a day and more recently I’ve reduced it to 1900. Tried to make sure there’s a protein source with most meals and that I’m walking around most of the day.

Cricket training with my club starts this week so that’ll help more too.

Evo1883

So today I embark on a journey over 12 months to lose a whopping 8 stone .. it's not important how I got to the weight I did , but I am in the process of counselling as to be blunt food is a problem for me .

12 months is merely a time frame I have given myself , it's 2.15 pound per week .

Evo1883

Just seen this , might inbox you at some point bud congratulations and great work 👏

Nick

Administrator
So today I embark on a journey over 12 months to lose a whopping 8 stone .. it's not important how I got to the weight I did , but I am in the process of counselling as to be blunt food is a problem for me .

12 months is merely a time frame I have given myself , it's 2.15 pound per week .

Good luck!

I keep seeing that noom app that apparently it changes the relationship with food!

You will smash it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just seen this , might inbox you at some point bud congratulations and great work 👏
Absolutely fine with that. Changing my diet had a lot more impact than exercise/working out, at least up to now. Main thing has not been excluding any foods, just fitting it around a calorie target.

Good place to start is a reliable ‘TDEE’ calculator to give an idea of what that looks like for you.

clint van damme

Good luck Evo, I'm sure you'll do it.

I've been going to Revolution Fitness since mid Jan and started calorie counting 5 days out of 7. Down 6lbs in the last 3 weeks and feeling much fitter.

Really enjoying the process and finding the calorie defecit quite easy to manage at the moment. I'm not eating after my dinner until approx 12 the next day. We have dinner around 6pm so it's a good 18hour fast most week days. I've been having hydration tablets around 8 am and that keeps the hunger away pretty much all day tbh.

Most the time I'm not hungry any more and only eat because the food is ready for me.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Well done Brighton and good luck Evo

You cannot out train a bad diet, especially as you get older. Not advocating no exercise as it provides so many benefits but a brisk walk, small 15 min weights session help.

However, a calorie deficit per day/week is the only way. I know people don't like to but you have to log the food, find what fills you (protein) and isnt as calorific as you think, eggs, fish etc

Its scary when logging food how bad some stuff is and how easy it is to suddenly drink/eat calories that dont feel like calories, especially when on the go or not home cooked, processed just isnt good for the defecits.

Good luck guys and may that great work continue

Nick

Administrator
My major thing is drinking, even going to a city game would be 6 pints on a weeknight. Then end up getting a takeaway after the game and then the next day just wanting to eat shit because I'm tired. It's the knock on from it and the eating crap.

Last couple of games haven't done it. (Wish I did against Preston though).

Have cut a lot of it out and I'm saving a fair bit of money too.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
My major thing is drinking, even going to a city game would be 6 pints on a weeknight. Then end up getting a takeaway after the game and then the next day just wanting to eat shit because I'm tired. It's the knock on from it and the eating crap.

Last couple of games haven't done it. (Wish I did against Preston though).

Have cut a lot of it out and I'm saving a fair bit of money too.
to be fair, I think the city over the years has definitely added a few pounds from food and drink when we do bad (need commiserating) and when we win and we go celebrating.
Good work on the change Nick

Brighton Sky Blue

Well done Brighton and good luck Evo

You cannot out train a bad diet, especially as you get older. Not advocating no exercise as it provides so many benefits but a brisk walk, small 15 min weights session help.

However, a calorie deficit per day/week is the only way. I know people don't like to but you have to log the food, find what fills you (protein) and isnt as calorific as you think, eggs, fish etc

Its scary when logging food how bad some stuff is and how easy it is to suddenly drink/eat calories that dont feel like calories, especially when on the go or not home cooked, processed just isnt good for the defecits.

Good luck guys and may that great work continue
Genuinely the hardest thing for my calorie tracking is colleagues baking massive cakes and bringing them in with the social expectation you’ll have a few slices without knowing what’s in it.

So I just look up the equivalent cake at a shop for a rough guide but we really do make it very easy to gain weight without realising.

covcity4life

Finnaly worked out how to weight train properly. 1.5 ml ths in and seeing my body change albeit not fast enough but this is where have to stay strong and see it through rather than quit because not got a beach body straight away

Nick

Administrator
Finnaly worked out how to weight train properly. 1.5 ml ths in and seeing my body change albeit not fast enough but this is where have to stay strong and see it through rather than quit because not got a beach body straight away
Doesn't happen over night but any change is better than none.

I've still not drank and the difference is massive, sleep is now a thing

Sick Boy

I gave up drinking for an extended period (over a year) when I was younger and you really do notice it.

covcity4life

Yup for sure. I don't drink slot these days

Sleeping same time and waking up same time regardless of weekend or holidays is a big change I have made recently

Users who are viewing this thread